Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Yep, probably the most exciting thing to happen to build mode since... well, since the game launched! :D Can't wait to get my hands on the tools and see what others do with them as well. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    hiya!!! I hope it's okay to ask here. i am having a bit of trouble with my spandrels. whenever I goo to put a frieze on the house, a spandrel on one wall disappears (although it's technically still there, it's no longer visible). Sometimes this doesn't happen and my spandrels all show under the frieze. is this a glitch or some special order to putting it on? thanks so much for your help and apologies if this isn't where to ask. I can't start my own thread I don't believe
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    JurnéEnds wrote: »
    hiya!!! I hope it's okay to ask here. i am having a bit of trouble with my spandrels. whenever I goo to put a frieze on the house, a spandrel on one wall disappears (although it's technically still there, it's no longer visible). Sometimes this doesn't happen and my spandrels all show under the frieze. is this a glitch or some special order to putting it on? thanks so much for your help and apologies if this isn't where to ask. I can't start my own thread I don't believe

This is normal. You generally would't use a frieze and a spandrel together as both are effectively covering the same area. Depending on what you are trying to achieve, it might be helpful to know that holding down the shift button as you apply a frieze will apply it one wall at a time.
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Aww ...I understand now. Thank you so much for explaining. Now I can stop racking my brain to get it to work lol.

> @sawdust said:
    > JurnéEnds wrote: »
    >
    > hiya!!! I hope it's okay to ask here. i am having a bit of trouble with my spandrels. whenever I goo to put a frieze on the house, a spandrel on one wall disappears (although it's technically still there, it's no longer visible). Sometimes this doesn't happen and my spandrels all show under the frieze. is this a glitch or some special order to putting it on? thanks so much for your help and apologies if this isn't where to ask. I can't start my own thread I don't believe
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is normal. You generally would't use a frieze and a spandrel together as both are effectively covering the same area. Depending on what you are trying to achieve, it might be helpful to know that holding down the shift button as you apply a frieze will apply it one wall at a time.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks, everyone, we love feedback threads like this.

While I can't comment on specifics, many of the things you want are things we want too. :smile:
    We're really proud of what we've done with the new Build Mode and we're looking forward to what we can do with it moving forward!

It's inspiring to see all the amazing things people have built already and it's exciting to imagine what people will build as the tools mature and people get even more comfortable with the new system.

Build on!

So what’s up with this? Build/buy mode is so dry. Regular modders like Felixandre are killing it with the simplicity and functionality, but also the clean line, versatile designs, that bump map for the wall panels are to die for.

I wait, and wait for packs, and not even the basics are present. Spiral stairs, landings, better doors, windows, etc. We can only build so many things. The windows, and doors are too common, and small!. We need more options, and tools. Build mode was a distraction from the empty, non engaging , non simulated reality of this game. It’s getting very dry in build mode, and live mode.

I build beautiful structures only to have sims live non simulated, all disappear and reappear lives. With nothing to do, and obviously nothing to build now.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just downloaded the latest patch with terrain editing and new foundation heights. I quickly found out that we are still unable to create split-level homes. I made an attempt to build a split-level home with the old method (deleting the floor from part of the foundation) and when I attempted to build stairs, the game gave me a terrain error. I tried this with and without added flooring to the lower level of the split - without flooring just made the stairs cut into the terrain. I also found that fences built on ground level can't connect to a building with any foundation (to close off a yard around a home with foundation, for example). Perhaps these are not the most pertinent issues, but I find it rather disappointing.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    I also found that fences built on ground level can't connect to a building with any foundation (to close off a yard around a home with foundation, for example).

Try starting your fence away from the house, and run it towards the side of the house. (Rather than starting at the house - that adds the foundation)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Hey, all! The newest patch adds a lot for build mode - terrain manipulation at last! - and likely will come along with its own set of quirks/bugs. I'll be testing everything over the next few days and will let you know about any fixes as well. If you find anything buggy or strange, please post so that we can look into it / discuss it! Thanks. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Danuta720Danuta720 Posts: 45 Member
    Hello everyone!
    After today's update of the game, I noticed that the ceilings in the rooms became blue - gray.
    In the corners - at the interface of the walls and the ceiling is a dark shadow.

This is how it looks in the pictures:
    7n6Tm7F.png

49dMqfQ.png

3By8qHV.png

• KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member

I'm having issues with stairs in the first build I have checked so far.

The staircase in image 1 was working fine before the patch but now my Sim route fails when directed to go up them.

a2f13.jpg

They are floating stairs over a split level as can be seen in image 2.

bhy3ac.jpg

I am also having issues with the stairs on the split level, if removed they cant be replaced. I get a error saying "Objects is intersecting the floor or ceiling"

2yyp0g4.jpg

Also I have used the invisible foundation on a section in the split level which was all fine and dandy but now after the patch the top right corner as shown in image 4 now has the invisible foundation on it as well and it cant be changed.

20j08xg.jpg

I have been able to fix the missing foundation in the top right corner by removing the basement underneath that area but as soon as i do that the stairs on the split level delete, and like I said they cant be replaced. I can work around that by not having stairs there but as soon as I go to rebuild the part of the basement I removed the foundation in the red circle disappears again :(

It took me so long to get this all looking like I have and now it doesn't even work anymore. I have tried to build in the flooring on each level so that the stairs are no longer floating just to see if that was the issue but even then the top stair case is still un usable.
    Also tried:
    - Flattening the lot
    - Saving the lot and placing it into a new game.
    - Saving the lot and placing it into a new game with the lot flattened first.

I am at a loss :(
  • jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    I also found that fences built on ground level can't connect to a building with any foundation (to close off a yard around a home with foundation, for example).

Try starting your fence away from the house, and run it towards the side of the house. (Rather than starting at the house - that adds the foundation)

That was the first thing I tried and it doesn't work. Thanks for the feedback anyway.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Allears wrote: »

That was the first thing I tried and it doesn't work. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Is this the sort of thing you mean? If so maybe you need to remove any mods if you have them and clear your cache files. I had no problem attaching a fence and I pushed and pulled the terrain around inside the fence enclosure without problem.

vKPLpxW.png
  • akemi06akemi06 Posts: 4 New Member
    After the patch, I'm having build issues with round corners that arent been completed. :(
  • Danuta720Danuta720 Posts: 45 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank You, @rosemow! <3

@akemi yes, that's been reported here. Please click on the "Me Too" button if you wouldn't mind. :)
    @Kementari is your build on the gallery by any chance? If not, I will try to duplicate what I can see of the structure from your images. Which lot were you using? Did you try placement/building on a different lot?
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    I am having an issue that I have never had before. I just uploaded my first build that was created with the terrain tool and the gallery is saying that it has custom content. I have "paint from reference" paintings, but it has never marked them as CC in the past. I also used the new dresser that came with the update, could this be the problem?
    @gmcrozier paint by reference was bugged in the past, so I'd try testing by removing them. If you do have any mods/CC, of course try removing them first.
    edited November 2018
    I don't use CC or mods

I uploaded a room with the dresser in it and it didn't show as CC, so it would have to be the paintings
  • VolvenomVolvenom Posts: 61 Member
    I would like the terrain brush to be smaller as well. It's now like 3 tiles? I would like it to be even 1 tile if that was possible :)
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Volvenom While holding your brush, use shift+ control wheel on your mouse - you can now scroll through smaller and larger brushes. It will get quite small. (Thanks to The Sim Supply for your tutorial!)
    Post edited by Allears on
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    @gmcrozier yes, sounds like it. Did you try removing the paintings as well?
    @BryonyRae yes, I removed the paintings and it uploaded without the CC tag.
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    The new terrain tool definitely needs some sort of "copy height" tool! Its a biiiiiig pain in the butt to level terrain to a certain height go and do some decorating or something and then find you want to edit terrain again to the same height and cant get the slider in the right spot again....the terrain tool is definitely very basic right now!
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg