Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need help in the romance department!

I have made flirty sims, but I am playing a musician who doesn't have the flirty trait. ( my sim has genius, music lover, creative, and I think the other one is something to do with music)

She has a few friends that are halfway up the friend scale (one is married, one is single, one with commitment issues and single), one is 3/4 way up. Still they seem to not like it when mine flirts. This is soooo hard! We can both be flirty and it will be ok to compliment them, but don't click on pick-up line or flirt. They don't seem to like that. I just send them home, lol

I know, I don't like comparing, but I always had married couples made up in S1and S2. But S3 I always played single and it was so easy. I think that's why I like to play married in S4. I miss my sim being a player :p But married couples seem to work better for me in S4( I have not tried getting my married sims to flirt with anyone but their spouse)!

Oh, I am playing in Willow Creek and decided not to give Don L. another glance, cant seem to get him no matter what! I do just love him in the game though!

Any suggestions would help, I have tried to "search" but maybe I am not typing the words in right because I cant seem to find what I am looking for!

So, what kind of traits do you use if you want a flirty sim?

Comments

• JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    A steamy shower might work, and also having one of those romance plum bob things in the vicinity seems to help.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    They will get flirty after watching romance, while in that mood make flirty cookies to keep around so you can spread the flirty cheer to your romantic interest.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Complete a date and get a gold rating - you'll get an object with a flirty aura that makes every sim in the room flirty.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm also having an issue to rekindle a romance, so my sim cheated on his gf and she saw so now they're in a awkward phase broken up. And i don't know how to get rid of the awkward phase cause i wanna get them back together.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I'm also having an issue to rekindle a romance, so my sim cheated on his gf and she saw so now they're in a awkward phase broken up. And i don't know how to get rid of the awkward phase cause i wanna get them back together.

You could try just getting them close enough to be best friends first and then work on the romance

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    mulboro wrote: »
    Complete a date and get a gold rating - you'll get an object with a flirty aura that makes every sim in the room flirty.
    By my experience so far (about 150 ingame hours) this is by all means the easiest way as getting gold on a date is not complicated at all.
    You may also "abuse" this system and go on gold dates all day long as you can sell these items for a earlygame nice sum (later in the game it's irrelevant). ;)
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Best romance advice...be yourself! ;)
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

You could try just getting them close enough to be best friends first and then work on the romance

Their friendship bar is full, but each time i try to flirt or something they reject one another
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    watch/read romance novels, freshen up that'll put your sims in a flirty mood...sometime's if they get the confident moodlet they can use the "bold" pick up line XD ha,ha I love it
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    All my single Sim ladies have had a go round with Don and only one of them, the one he comes around to see at least 3 times a day, has the romance / flirty gene.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    All my single Sim ladies have had a go round with Don and only one of them, the one he comes around to see at least 3 times a day, has the romance / flirty gene.

I've seen some pretty good looking townies though :) male's XD the first time my female sim married a townie he was quite a cutie
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    The reluctance might depend on their traits or mood, or could you be trying to rush things? I know a lot of players like to spam a bunch of romantic interactions right off in a row to "move things along." But this doesn't give the other Sim a chance to respond back so that you can observe how they are inclined. I let my Sims show another Sim just a hint of romantic interest, then back off and see how the other Sim is affected. A married or non-committal Sim may be harder to woo, so you have to ease off and try again later, a little at a time. But don't give up...eventually both the friendship and attraction will grow. Soon they will be knocking on your Sim's door!

Last resort, you can always have them move in together so you have control of both.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    They will get flirty after watching romance, while in that mood make flirty cookies to keep around so you can spread the flirty cheer to your romantic interest.

I have not tried making the flirty cookies, I have seen it though, will definitely do that next time!

Thanks B)

Never thought of that. I could turn off the focus aura also? I think I need the flirty auras in every room :p

Thanks alot B)

I too, will keep this in mind! Good advice!

Thanks B)

JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    By my experience so far (about 150 ingame hours) this is by all means the easiest way as getting gold on a date is not complicated at all.
    You may also "abuse" this system and go on gold dates all day long as you can sell these items for a earlygame nice sum (later in the game it's irrelevant). ;)

Sounds like good info to me! I will try that. Go on several dates, hope for the gold, and put them in every room!

Thanks B)

Jimboola11 wrote: »
    Best romance advice...be yourself! ;)

No wonder I am not getting anywhere ;)

• DarthMittenzzDarthMittenzz Posts: 279 Member
    The only romance here is between me and my litterbox, in which I like to imagine it is EA's gaping mouth.

-- DarthMittenzz has spoken
    nekobear wrote: »
    watch/read romance novels, freshen up that'll put your sims in a flirty mood...sometime's if they get the confident moodlet they can use the "bold" pick up line XD ha,ha I love it

Oh, I will try reading then! Didn't even know they had the bold pick up line! Of course I wouldn't know that because I cant seem to get past step one :D

Thanks B)

One of my other sims who did have the flirty trait, and he did come over a lot every day, still couldn't get him.

My Sim wants that man! grrrr. I think he is playing hard to get, its not like my sim wants to marry him :p

Thanks B)

nekobear wrote: »

I've seen some pretty good looking townies though :) male's XD the first time my female sim married a townie he was quite a cutie

I have seen some good looking townies too, that in itself is a BIG improvement!

JaciJade wrote: »
    A steamy shower might work, and also having one of those romance plum bob things in the vicinity seems to help.

I will try this! I wish they would bring back woohoo for the shower! Then again, it probably wouldn't do any good, LOL

Thanks, will definitely try this also!

B)

• nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Charlotte, here is how I got my loner sim to get flirty with another sim that eventually became his wife. First, start off with friendly actions, once your green bar is around | | that, do a romance one. Usually ask if they are single. Hit a couple more friendlies, then toss a flirt in between them, and gradually increase the amount of flirts you do. Once the pink bar appears, it starts becoming way more easier to flirt with them.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    The reluctance might depend on their traits or mood, or could you be trying to rush things? I know a lot of players like to spam a bunch of romantic interactions right off in a row to "move things along." But this doesn't give the other Sim a chance to respond back so that you can observe how they are inclined. I let my Sims show another Sim just a hint of romantic interest, then back off and see how the other Sim is affected. A married or non-committal Sim may be harder to woo, so you have to ease off and try again later, a little at a time. But don't give up...eventually both the friendship and attraction will grow. Soon they will be knocking on your Sim's door!

Last resort, you can always have them move in together so you have control of both.

That could be it, I did try a couple times in a row, then sent him home, lol

Moving them in would be a last resort, I have problems controlling mine, much less them. My luck I would loose their friendship even though they say they don't really get mad or jealous unless they catch them?

When I move one in, it will be the one that she wants to marry :p In S3 when involved with a townie and it got serious, they seemed to disappear, or say they couldn't come over, etc.

Thanks for the advice, will keep that in mind....go slow! I do have it on long lifespan :)

B)

• GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    I don't know if you are already doing this, but I found what makes romance between sims really easy is putting them in same household. Once you do that you can control both sims. So you control male... flirt with female.... then switch to female... flirt back etc. Makes romance a lot easier than when you only control one.