Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Follow/Unfollow Thread Option on Forum [Forum Suggestion]

The options for notifications here on the forum feels a little lacking to me.

Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
This one is just perfect!

Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
This is less perfect, especially since some big threads I've got bookmarked are pretty popular. (Maybe I should bookmark them in my browser, that would be a workaround.)

Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.
If you don't post in a crazy thread this is great but, as I found last night (and early days after the S4 release) that your notifications can be overwhelmed if you've got this one checked.

If there was somehow an option in the forum settings for a "follow/unfollow thread" setting that would be the happiest forum improvement I could think of (besides my signature accepting BBCode). That way if you comment on a popular thread you can choose to turn off notifications for that particular thread or not post in a smaller thread and just follow it (although that is what you could use bookmarks for, I suppose).

Anyway, those are my feelings. As mentioned, there are some workarounds so perhaps I will just do that on my own. Thanks! :smile:

(Did some digging before posting this and didn't find anything on this in particular so forgive me if there's another topic out there.)
Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr

Comments

• SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    @Megg87

I agree with you. I really like this follow and unfollow thread check box. I want to comment to several threads but it doesn't mean I want to follow all of them.

The notifications sometimes are overwhelmed. :'(
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited October 2014
    I just wanted to bring this back and add that I feel like my workaround (only favoriting threads I want to see replies to) has been working fairly well except in places where I've missed replies from popular threads I've not favorited. So, my suggestion still stands. :stuck_out_tongue:

In other happy news, I just noticed we have a "return to top" option beneath the comment box! :smiley:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr