Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moveobjects On

mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
edited September 2014 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Hi everyone!
I was just wondering, would it be possible to create a "MoveObjects On" cheat for sims 4? EA messed up again, and did not place this very useful cheat in the game. You really can't realistically decorate your home without it!

Comments

• Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    I would love a mod like this so I can decorate properly. Like I have a million things on my desk, but in the game I can have like one pc and a desk lamp. I don't know if its possible though.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I've never had moveobjects allow for additional spots on something like a desk but...

From what I've read they are working on adding it back to the game and took it out because it was causing issues with the better game routing for 4, they didn't have enough time to work it out before the release.

That being said... I miss it like crazy, used it a ton for landscaping mostly.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I agree, we need MOO back. I'm a builder and I used it A LOT.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    What they should have done with the cheat was just kept it so that the object would turn red if it was a pathing issue, but still allow you to place it, leaving it to the players to fix. That's pretty much what it will come down to anyway. I definitely do miss it a lot, especially for outdoor garden arrangements.
  • icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    Really miss MOO.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Me too :( please ea gods make it work. Though I will say love that wall objects can be placed off the grid, so missed that in 3!
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    icftldu wrote: »
    Really miss MOO.
    Me too!

Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • PuzicatPuzicat Posts: 8 New Member
    BTW, while an object is selected, hold the "alt" key and you can fine tune the placement of that object. Not exactly MOO, but kinda close to it. This works for paintings, lights, windows, furniture, wall cabinets, etc.
    Hope this helps!
    Puzicat
    :D
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I also use the resizing tool for garden plants to help make them more interesting
  • Bcsurvivor01Bcsurvivor01 Posts: 20 New Member
    @Snosrap522 - great idea. I forget about that option!
  • altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    Alt helps for sure but it's no MOO. I'm missing it for both my building and story telling.
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've never had moveobjects allow for additional spots on something like a desk but...

From what I've read they are working on adding it back to the game and took it out because it was causing issues with the better game routing for 4, they didn't have enough time to work it out before the release.

That being said... I miss it like crazy, used it a ton for landscaping mostly.

I totally agree. The gardens looked far more realistic using the moveobjects on option. I loved designing gardens with it. That being said, Sims 4 plants are not bad. Especially the wildflower varieties.

regards,
    Jen :)

• kibbledonionkibbledonion Posts: 28 Member
    I used Alt to move stuff nearer some corners in a kitchen and by some stairs on a porch. Worked fine until it came to painting the walls and then it deleted the counters next to where I moved a vase and columns near the stairs were I had plants. I'd love MOO but I fear the experience will be repeated everywhere, maybe it's this type of thing they are trying to iron out.
  • simsupermomsimsupermom Posts: 19 New Member
    edited September 2014
    OMG, THEY HAVE TO FIX THIS. I keep thinking i can survive without MOO but.... Now I have a painter and I like to put the paintings on the ground and sort of clutter them really really close together. Also my decor is suffering! I keep thinking "Oh man it would be cool if I did this.." and I even type it in moveobjects on..... Then Oh yeah I forgot. Why Lord.... Let us pray... " God please move upon the heart of Nraas and make him change his mind for my sake and the sake of others. and also paladin because his mind is wonderful and thinks like mine. ( I just wanted to add that in every prayer first in case it works one day... its a faith thing) Also please let EA understand our deep need for moving objects on top of other objects in order to make things just right in the only world we have complete control over! - Let the Sims Family say...... Amen :)
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    I just miss it for modeling and picture taking, like I see my sim make a cool pose, and want to move her to take a photo in a different location etc., but can't and it's annoying! Only think that is missing from the old games that I miss!
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    @Puzicat thanks I will try that.
    @Snosrap522 What a great idea, I never gave that a thought. Off to go garden large :)
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I miss it also.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2014
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2014
    OMG!OMG!OMG! :D Thank you so very much TwistedMexican!!! (hugs,hugs,hugs) I am so grateful for your efforts to give us this, and all the other wonderful cheats you have created for us. Bless you! You're an o:) ! I know that there are A LOT of other Simmers out there who will be Soooooo...... very happy with this as well! From all of us to you .... THANK YOU!!! :D
    mara3004 wrote: »
    OMG!OMG!OMG! :D Thank you so very much TwistedMexican!!! (hugs,hugs,hugs) I am so grateful for your efforts to give us this, and all the other wonderful cheats you have created for us. Bless you! You're an o:) ! I know that there are A LOT of other Simmers out there who will be Soooooo...... very happy with this as well! From all of us to you .... THANK YOU!!! :D

Haha no problem, just these reactions make it worth it :agree:

[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• ellisg360ellisg360 Posts: 11 New Member
    this is f*&king awesome. i finally feel like i can build something i like instead of the basic crap. thanks so much
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Could someone please explain the 'resizing' to me and how you resize furniture? I cant figure it out
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
    Anzi130 wrote: »
    Could someone please explain the 'resizing' to me and how you resize furniture? I cant figure it out

Shift+ ]

(it might be ctrl+] I can't remember) but you press that while holding an object and it'll scale it up. you might have to wiggle the object around for it to show the resize.

• MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    I just went and downloaded this. I downloaded a beautiful lot off the exchange but there is hardly any grass area for a garden so I am hoping this mod will allow me to place square planters on the patio for my sim's garden. Thank you so much!