Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystals Location Help

Hi fellow Simmers,
I'm missing 2 Crystals, Jet and Jonquilyst. I've been looking all over for them and even tried doing tons of space missions to find Jet cause I read you have to have your sim an astronaut in the intersteller career path, which he is. any advice on how to get these crystals? it's all I have left to complete the collections and get the achievement :)

Comments

• tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    I have one, and she didn't get it by being an astronaut. I wish I could remember where I dug it up at. I really thought all those dug sites were random digs.
  • KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    @tomchan0 yea I'm trying to get these but I cant get them! lol :)
  • tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    I guess my only suggestions would be...unfortunately....would be to keep digging. Only if there was a way to gift fellow simmers with the extras we already have. I believe I have three at the moment.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Have you tried the hidden areas?
    > @tomchan0 said:
    > I guess my only suggestions would be...unfortunately....would be to keep digging. Only if there was a way to gift fellow simmers with the extras we already have. I believe I have three at the moment.
    nice! and I agree that would be so convenient :) thankyou
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

I have visited the Glade and other neighborhoods many times and spent the day there waiting for plants to grow. But after I harvested the gems the first time, none of them have ever respawned. Only the dig spaces and frog logs in my own neighborhood have ever come back a second time.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    @catmando830 said:

Yes I've tried everywhere :) but i'll keep digging around and hopefully i'll get it. if anyone can remember where they got it from, let me know!
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Lots and lots of digging! Oasis Springs seems to have the best digs. Good luck!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
    > @ericaduh said:
    > Lots and lots of digging! Oasis Springs seems to have the best digs. Good luck!
    cool i'll work in oasis springs for awhile. thanks
  • LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    Those crystals are random, but, I did find the jet crystals in the cave while fishing for batfish
    ok so oasis springs is probably a good place to focus on. seems everyone is finding most of the rare and uncommon things in that "world". thanks guys!
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    To complete crystals/metals/fossils/elements collections you'll have to do lots and lots of digging.
    Since bobbleheads is easy collection, I suggest not digging for treasure until you complete these 4 others!

I don't remember where exactly I got particular crystals/metals/fossils, however you'll collect them all by digging about 10 times on these spots upon full respawn (yes, you have to put your sim in an area and pass time in order to respawn minerals/grow plants):
    - both parks
    - secret mine area
    - both areas with 50x50 lot (Affluista Mansion and Oakenstead)

You don't need to go collecting in other areas, just these five.
    To make things easier, try to get never weary and not getting dirty easily rewards first. Food and toilet is not a problem.
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > To complete crystals/metals/fossils/elements collections you'll have to do lots and lots of digging.
    > Since bobbleheads is easy collection, I suggest not digging for treasure until you complete these 4 others!
    >
    > I don't remember where exactly I got particular crystals/metals/fossils, however you'll collect them all by digging about 10 times on these spots upon full respawn (yes, you have to put your sim in an area and pass time in order to respawn minerals/grow plants):
    > - both parks
    > - secret mine area
    > - both areas with 50x50 lot (Affluista Mansion and Oakenstead)
    >
    > You don't need to go collecting in other areas, just these five.
    > To make things easier, try to get never weary and not getting dirty easily rewards first. Food and toilet is not a problem.
    thanks for the GREAT info JoxerTM22. I'm going to try that today :)
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    My Sims have found the Jonquilyst but not the Jet as of yet. The only thing I could think of to suggest is to keep digging. Good luck!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
    > @Nik24X7 said:
    > My Sims have found the Jonquilyst but not the Jet as of yet. The only thing I could think of to suggest is to keep digging. Good luck!

Thank you :) anyone know how I can get my achievement plaques back? somehow I've lost them and they're not in my family's inventory
    Hi everyone! I FINALLY got the Jet Crystal!! oddly enough....it was found right by her house! now all I need is Jonquilyst and I've completed all 13 collections :)
    Finally got ALL of the Crystals :) now I only need ONE MORE ELEMENT!!!!!! wooo!! :)
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    To complete crystals/metals/fossils/elements collections you'll have to do lots and lots of digging.
    Since bobbleheads is easy collection, I suggest not digging for treasure until you complete these 4 others!

I don't remember where exactly I got particular crystals/metals/fossils, however you'll collect them all by digging about 10 times on these spots upon full respawn (yes, you have to put your sim in an area and pass time in order to respawn minerals/grow plants):
    - both parks
    - secret mine area
    - both areas with 50x50 lot (Affluista Mansion and Oakenstead)

You don't need to go collecting in other areas, just these five.
    To make things easier, try to get never weary and not getting dirty easily rewards first. Food and toilet is not a problem.

Gah! So it really sounds like I am the only one whose dig sites and frog logs have never respawned! Even when I stay in a place all day, not a single dig site or frog log outside the neighborhood I live in has ever respawned! I am so frustrated! My Sim gets 3 days off in a row from the Chef career, and I spend the entire 3 days in the secret grove, only going home to eat and pee. Not one single dig site or frog log has ever respawned, and not a single plant has ever become harvestable, both in the grove or in any other neighborhood other than the one my Sim lives in. I have maxed my fishing, however. What can I do? This seems like a problem only I am having.
    Good job!
    I know exactly how you feel, believe me.
    @paperbird1
    It takes a while for mine to respawn. I'm not sure what would be causing yours to not respawn at all. I know when I had issues on the first day of it's release EA asked me to do the "repair" game option in origin. so If you have a digital downloaded version of the game you may want to try that and see if it helps. :) good luck!
    edited September 2014
    @JoxerTM22
    Thanks! yes I'm so excited to finally finish the collections. and I did all of them without cheats! except for the 3 bugged plants had to use the "spawn" cheat cause I had no choice. :)
    KlrSims wrote: »
    @paperbird1<br />
    It takes a while for mine to respawn. I'm not sure what would be causing yours to not respawn at all. I know when I had issues on the first day of it's release EA asked me to do the "repair" game option in origin. so If you have a digital downloaded version of the game you may want to try that and see if it helps. :) good luck!

No, I have the proper physical copy. I have even made a second character and put her in the other town, the desert one, and I find that there I have the same issue. All the dig sites and frog logs in my home neighborhood will respawn each day, but no where else in town, no matter how long I wait and fish or talk to people.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am not sure where they are located, but it is one of the things that can be found digging up the rocks that are scattered about.
    KlrSims wrote: »
    @JoxerTM22<br />
    Thanks! yes I'm so excited to finally finish the collections. and I did all of them without cheats! except for the 3 bugged plants had to use the "spawn" cheat cause I had no choice. :)

Eh, I won't do that. I mean the cheat.
    Hopefully they'll patch the game before I move on (Wasteland 2 is already installed, I just have some family problems so I can't go for a deep story game right now, I need some dull and grindy stuff ;)).
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    That is really odd Piperbird1. All areas in my game respawn both the frog logs and the dig sites. Are you using any mods or cc?

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top