Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fireplaces & Chimneys

Hi, not sure if this is right place , Will ask anyways

I'm trying to place a Fireplace in the house and Stretch the Chimney up the wall like the TS3
so how can I this ?

Comments

• Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Use the wall tool on the outside of the house in back of the wall where the fireplace is making a 1x1 or 1x2 box, then put the chimney on top of that.
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    vcosley wrote: »
    Use the wall tool on the outside of the house in back of the wall where the fireplace is making a 1x1 or 1x2 box, then put the chimney on top of that.

Thank you Vcosley! I didnt know this :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    vcosley wrote: »

thanks, but I didn't want to do that.

• Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    thanks for the tip Vcosley! But need the chimney like in Sims 3.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I prefer sims 4 chimneys you can place then anywhere on a roof a lot chimneys in uk are in the middle of a house
  • Options
    Dsymsy2004Dsymsy2004 Posts: 27 Member
    Do we even need a chimney in the Sims 4? I've just been placing the fireplaces, but then I haven't used them yet as I'm too afraid of setting the house alight ;)
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I just build the wall out by one more (enclosed) and then apply a stone or brick on the outside of that to give it a chimney look. Then instead of placing a roof over it, I place one of the chimney roof decorations. Sometimes up-scaling them with SHIFT+] as needed. Hopefully that makes sense. If not I'd be happy to post a picture.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89