Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homes by #chris2fer03 ~*~ 104 Ellwood Lane~*~ 7/29/16

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I hope that you enjoy and have fun creating pools in your builds! You will enjoy testing pool creating out.
    Blue Meadow Estate is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! It looks very nice how you have done the second level and roofing! It looks nice how you have used the open shutter windows in the home. The blue colour of the exterior looks nice. It looks nice how you have used the spandrels in the front porch. Nice back patio area. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there and eating their meal at the table, enjoying being in the sunshine. Great garden pots nook area beside the porch. It is nice that you have a mixture of flowers decor as well as growing plants there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. It looks very nice how you have created the tv alcove area in the living room by using the cabinets! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv. The tissue box and plant are nice touches on the side table. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks great how you have placed the different types of cabinets on the wall, and the wall tiling around the kitchen windows looks great. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windiws whilst cooking their meals. The island bar stool counter is great. The friit bowl and cutkery on thevwall are nice kitchen touches for sims to enjoy seeing whilst cooking and eating there. The bedrooms are very nice! It looks nice that you used red for the walls of the kids bedrooom, and it lloks great how you have placed the different sized lady bugs pictures on the side wall. Child sims will like seeing these happy pictures whilst laying in bed. It looks great how you have used a wall to separate off the kids beds. . It looks great how you have done the cabinets alcove in the master bedroom. The curtained windows looks nice either side of the masterbed.
    It is a very nice home. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Well, this is my first comment but, Blue Meadow is awesome. :D
    I like the cottage feel in your architecture, plus I also love your furnishings, especially with using counters and cabinets to stick with TV in your living area.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Blue Meadow Estate is so charming! I love the architecture and your interiors are always stunning! Great job Chris! :D
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    @Rosemow thanks for taking the time to drop in and leave such a nice comment, I truly enjoy reading your thorough reviews. :)
    Christi83 wrote: »
    Uhh a lot of nice little touches that make it different. Very nice @Chris2fer03

Thanks, I try to incorporate touches of character in most of my builds since I'm a fan of older homes. :)
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Blue Meadow Estate is really charming, Chris! I especially love that front porch.

Bry, the porch was a key detail in the exterior charm of the home. The symmetry of the porch didn't match with the spacing between the columns so I chose to use two columns in the center on each side and I loved the results. Thanks for the comment! :blush:
    Battyivy21 wrote: »
    Great rooms they come together really well.

Thank you, that is great to hear. I wanted to each space to feel defined without compromising the cohesiveness of the house as a whole.

RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Well, this is my first comment but, Blue Meadow is awesome. :D
    I like the cottage feel in your architecture, plus I also love your furnishings, especially with using counters and cabinets to stick with TV in your living area.
    Gonna love it. :)

I'm pleased you stopped by and thanks for the comment. I love cottages, something about the charm and cozy feel. I'm glad you like the use of cabinetry, I tend to use the custom cabinet tool quite a bit. Haha ;)
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Blue Meadow Estate is so charming! I love the architecture and your interiors are always stunning! Great job Chris! :D

You're too sweet Yanti, so glad you dropped in for a peek and comment. :blush:
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Blue Meadow is so pretty, great curb appeal!! Love the interior especially the kitchen... great idea to use contrasting counter islands!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    Amazing builds! :-) Love the A Frame cottage and the Spanish home!
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Blue Meadow Estate is Beautiful, Chris! I love the shape of the exterior with that awesome wrap-around porch. Very nicely done on the interiors. Gorgeous kitchen and I'm sorry to tell you that I will probably be stealing that cute idea for the ladybug pictures in the kids room, lol! :p Those are just too cute! :D
  • Options
    Thanks Tiki, I've seen that on so many HGTV shows and I thought it would be a nice contrast with the black cabinetry. :)

Thanks for stopping by Kaela, glad you like my builds! :)

Cath, I'm glad you like that idea and please, steal away..Haha! :p By the way, I have stolen your cabinetry-vanity idea and used it quite a few times already, so clever and creative! :D
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I saw a request in the lots thread and thought it would be fun to build directly for a fellow player. She wanted a Victorian home for her legacy family on the Crick Cabana lot. I have a Victorian WIP that I've been casually working on for quite a few weeks, I can't get the roofing quite the way I want it. I thought the request would give me a chance to work on my Victorian skills and I had fun building with player specific home in mind. It's a 5 bedroom / 4 bath home with an activity space for kids upstairs, a gardening area and a spot for some legacy tombstones. Enjoy! :)

Victorian Legacy
    #NoCC #PlayTested #Chris2fer03

11-07-14_7-23nbspAM_zps256a1178.png

11-07-14_7-23nbspAM-2_zps1d3e78a7.png

11-07-14_7-23nbspAM-3_zps6a759f1e.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM-4_zps8faf615f.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM-7_zps7bdc404f.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM-6_zps0f4b5242.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM-5_zps27190830.png

11-07-14_7-25nbspAM-2_zpsdc4af445.png

11-07-14_7-25nbspAM_zpsb2b62caa.png

11-07-14_7-25nbspAM-3_zps234f3466.png

11-07-14_7-25nbspAM-4_zps1e1b42b8.png

11-07-14_7-27nbspAM_zps937b6bea.png

11-07-14_7-26nbspAM-4_zps94c0bec5.png

11-07-14_7-26nbspAM-3_zps6d189702.png

11-07-14_7-25nbspAM-5_zps8a5eee36.png

11-07-14_7-25nbspAM-6_zpscdcf60a3.png

11-07-14_7-26nbspAM_zpsf4ae1b69.png

11-07-14_7-26nbspAM-2_zps7bf7a7c2.png

11-07-14_7-26nbspAM-5_zps15cbd22e.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM-3_zps83725ed4.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM-2_zpsc8aefd1e.png

11-07-14_7-24nbspAM_zpseeca8c7c.png
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    Gorgeous kitchen and I'm sorry to tell you that I will probably be stealing that cute idea for the ladybug pictures in the kids room, lol! :p Those are just too cute! :D

Haha I already kinda stole it in an American build. I may have used other pictures but it was too genius to pass up. I will however credit you Chris if anyone comments on it, but it's going up on the creations thread once I get around to taking pictures and everyone knows Chris there.
    [
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Two great new builds here, Victorian Legacy and Blue Meadow Estate, love them both :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Victorian Legacy is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of it! The blue colour of the exterior looks nice and it looks nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build. Very nice front porch! The flowers look nice how you have placed on the edges of the porch and house. Sims will enjoy sitting on the chair on the porch and watching what is happening outside. The flower cart is very nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice living room area. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and angled the armchairs towards the tv. The flowers and candles are a nice touch on the tv table. The floor mat looks there. Very nice light filled and sunny kitchen and dining room area! It looks very nice how you have done the kitchen windows there, for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows whilst cooking a meal. The yellow flowers look sunny on the dining table for sims to see when eating their meals. It looks very nice how you have placed the caninets around the edges of the windows. Great plants pot nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants. The master bedroom is very nice! Very nice wall pattern that you have used and the window alcove sitting area is nice. It looks nice how you have placed the curtains on the wall over the bedhead . The teddy bear and animal pictures on the wall in the nursery look cute! The flowers on the bedside table in the other double bedroom are nice for sims to see when they wake up in the mornings. The type of curtains that you have used in that bedroom look nice. The upper landing playroom and study area is great! The jigsaw floor pattern looks nice there. Child sims will have fun playing with the toys there,or enjoy doing artwork on the art table. Great study desk nook area for them to sit and do homework at. It looks great how you have placed the beds in the single beds room. The tissue box abd books on the bedside tables are nice homely touches there. The leaves pictures on the bedhead walls are nice touches there and look nice with the pattern on the beds. The wall tiling in the bathroom looks nice. Very nice backyard area of the home. It looks very nice how you have used the hedge fencing and hedge arch there. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars.
    It is a very nice home! :) It was very kind of you to do the request for the simmer :)
  • Options
    Gorgeous kitchen and I'm sorry to tell you that I will probably be stealing that cute idea for the ladybug pictures in the kids room, lol! :p Those are just too cute! :D

Haha I already kinda stole it in an American build. I may have used other pictures but it was too genius to pass up. I will however credit you Chris if anyone comments on it, but it's going up on the creations thread once I get around to taking pictures and everyone knows Chris there.

Awesome!! That's what I love about the lots thread, so many great ideas that make building more fun and inspiring. :)

Thanks @masajo and @rosemow! :):)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Completed my latest project, Wisteria Lane. It's modeled after a newer, traditional styled home. 4 beds / 2 bath with the master on the first floor. Kitchen has a breakfast nook in additional to a formal dining area. Finally had a chance to use the pool tool, fenced for younger sim safety. ;)

Wisteria Lane
    #nocc #chris2fer03

11-08-14_3-41nbspPM_zpsfda30c5a.png11-08-14_3-42nbspPM_zps8a143f05.png11-08-14_3-41nbspPM-6_zps87411cd9.png11-08-14_3-42nbspPM-2_zps48804f50.png11-08-14_3-42nbspPM-3_zpsc615968b.png11-08-14_3-42nbspPM-4_zpsde4b9fa2.png11-08-14_3-42nbspPM-5_zps40f7d56f.png11-08-14_3-42nbspPM-7_zps28b6b7ab.png11-08-14_3-41nbspPM-5_zps967215d0.png
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options

Awesome!! That's what I love about the lots thread, so many great ideas that make building more fun and inspiring. :)

Thanks @masajo and @rosemow! :):)

Exactly!!! I find so much inspiration there. So many great ideas. :)
    [
  • Options
    Wisteria Lane is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing and the dormer looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the windows in the build. The planter box windows look nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers on the front edges of the home and have the floor lights along the edges of them. The lights would be nice for sims to see when coming home at night time. Very nice backyard area! It is great that you have a pool in your build, and that you have fenced it. Sims will enjoy sitting and resting poolside on the seats that you have placed there. It looks nice how you have placed an umbrella covered table there for sims to enjoy eating meals outdoors that they have cooked on the bbq. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice light filled dining room and breakfast nook areas forvsims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunlight coming in through the windows. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the kitchen! The fruit bowl and paper towel are great kitchen touches on the counters. It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels to separate the kitchen and the dining room areas! The flowers and plant on the dining tables are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining. The study room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases and cabinets around the desk table! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table there using a computer and having a read of a book. Great living room armchairs and sofas sitting, tv watching and reading nook areas. It looks nice how you have placed the stool table at the foot of the bed in the double bedroom. The wooden flooring that you have used through the rooms of the build looks nice.
    It is a very nice home. :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cath, I'm glad you like that idea and please, steal away..Haha! :p By the way, I have stolen your cabinetry-vanity idea and used it quite a few times already, so clever and creative! :D

Cool! So it's like we traded ideas. Now we're even-Steven, lol! :p

Lol, Christi! You beat me to it! :p

Victorian Legacy is Beautiful, Chris! I Love the exterior design and the landscaping is done so nicely. Such a cute little backyard! Very nice interiors. Nice idea for the shelf over the "john" in the bathroom.

Wisteria Lane is so Pretty! The pool area looks great and the interiors are gorgeous! I Love the kitchen with the breakfast nook on one end and the dining area at the other. Very cool. And I really like the desk with the built-in bookcases! Looks awesome! :)
  • Options

Lol, Christi! You beat me to it! :p

:# Sorry my bad! :D Well it is inspiration so anyone can take away from it. I'm sure it's gonna look amazing when you do it. :)

@Chris2fer03 I'm sorry, for some reason the pictures didn't show up so I couldn't comment on Wisteria Lane before. Obviously it's beautiful. I for some reason really fancy the kitchen. It just seems to speak to me! :) The fenced up pool is awesome. You just seem to have boundless ideas when it comes to building. :D And I would suppose you know quite a lot of styles seeing as your builds are different just about every time. Would love for that to be me. I know literally nothing about buildings even though I love looking at them :) But anyways a beautiful build as usual :)
    [
  • Options
    @Rosemow thank you for your kind review. I appreciate the thought and time you always put into your comments, very sweet of you. :)

@WrathofCath Haha! Well...we were even until I checked out your thread a few minutes ago. :p I see so many great ideas and ways I can improve as a builder!! I will have to come up with a long list of ideas to make up for the ones you've just shown us! Haha! Thanks for the checking out my new builds, always a pleasure! :blush:

@Christi83 You're too kind, I'm flattered with your comment. :blush: I enjoy building and I'm constantly amazed at the builds popping up in the threads/gallery. So many talented builders, yourself included! :smiley: You have lovely builds, each unique in style! :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    @Chris2fer03 Well thank you, those are nice words to hear from someone as talented as you. :D
    [
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited November 2014
    Your two lots are awesome! :D
    *Victorian Legacy - Awesome architecture, landscaping, backyard, and interior furnishings. Can't say much about this lot (sorry), but I like your second story hallway which can also act as playroom for kids.
    *Wisteria Lane - Your architecture is awesome! I like that mix and match feel in your exterior painting. Your landscaping and backyard are awesome too! It is great that you made a pool in your backyard, especially with a monkey bar, which your child sims can enjoy more. Your furnishing is awesome as well! I like that somewhat dark wood feel in some of rooms. It is also great that you use another cabinets for mixing, but now in desk between two bookcases. This can make a good inspiration for my future builds.
    Gonna love these. :)

Oh and by the way, I already followed you in the gallery. :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    These are fantastic! I think I'm partial to Casa De Amar but I'm going to have to put some of these into my game and really check them out.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks @RyeCris16 I'm glad you stopped by and I appreciate the kind words. :) I will return the follow! :)

Thank you @Trinity2005 Super glad you like Casa De Amar and I hope your sims enjoy it! :)

I'm currently working on a planned neighborhood. My legacy family started out with my Simple American Starter and they're doing really well. I added Wisteria Lane to their neighborhood and I've modified their starter (when they can afford it of course) to create that new neighborhood feel. I need two more homes to fill the remaining lots and I hope to create families for each so my legacy family has a family friendly street. :) All of the homes will be available in the gallery as I complete them. :)
    Post edited by Chris2fer03 on
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wisteria Lane looks very pretty and homely and fits in perfectly with your neighbourhood. Great pool area and lovely interiors :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg