Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we start getting Sims 4 Store Content?

Sims 3 was rolling out a venue and/or a set every other week. It would be nice to start seeing some premium content or new venues coming out. Yes, I am ready to give EA my money for some premium content.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Next month
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sims 3 was rolling out a venue and/or a set every other week. It would be nice to start seeing some premium content or new venues coming out. Yes, I am ready to give EA my money for some premium content.

I'm truly sad they let Copeland go...

He was the one who turned the Store around and delivered amazing content.

If he were hired back, I'd buy whatever he put out sight unseen.
    Post edited by pguida on
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    When will we start getting Sims 4 Store Content?
    When you get all skills maxed, finish all aspirations and grab 90% of achievements (some are bugged and can't be reached yet).

What are you still doing on the forum? Go play the game so they add the store already!
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    pguida wrote: »

I'm truly sad they let Coperland go...

He was the one who turned the Store around and delivered amazing content.

If he were hired back, I'd buy whatever he put out sight unseen.
    It was Copeland.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I think Alan Copeland is much happier in his new job. He hasn't said anything negative about EA, but I imagine EA isn't all that great of a company to work for. Judging by how they treat their customers, could you just imagine how they treat their employees? This is just my assumption.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I think Alan Copeland is much happier in his new job. He hasn't said anything negative about EA, but I imagine EA isn't all that great of a company to work for. Judging by how they treat their customers, could you just imagine how they treat their employees? This is just my assumption.

I wish him well.

He gave me much joy.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Hopefully never. I'd much rather they put time and thought and work into content to sell in EPs/SPs that can be purchased with real-world money, as opposed to having an online store with its own arbitrary currency.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Will the store be worth it without Copeland? Seems to me he was the brightest star in EA's Sims 3 team - not to say others were not also awesome at times but he was definitely my favorite.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I'd rather not pay $20 for a couple shirts and re-textured furniture, so hopefully theree won't ever be a Sims 4 Store. :) Everything in the Sims 3 store was just way too overpriced, even the sale prices were still ridiculous for what you were actually paying for. I think the most we should be paying is $10 for a world and maybe $1-5 for furniture sets/venues. After all, they're just little bits and pieces of content to add to the game. Expansions add actual new gameplay to the game, so I don't think store items should cost even close to as much as expansions do.
    original.gif
  • Options
    DarthMittenzzDarthMittenzz Posts: 279 Member
    The store will be open for business rather soon indeed... EA's wallets are as hungry for money as the cow plant is hungry for Simmers.

-- DarthMittenzz has spoken
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Hopefully never. I'd much rather they put time and thought and work into content to sell in EPs/SPs that can be purchased with real-world money, as opposed to having an online store with its own arbitrary currency.

Ah but thats where you're mistaken everything will be for real world cash . They'll be charging 4.99 for a T-Shirt and a few patterns in no time
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member

Ah but thats where you're mistaken everything will be for real world cash . They'll be charging 4.99 for a T-Shirt and a few patterns in no time
    It worked for 3, why wouldn't it here?
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I sure would like it if they would explain what they are going to do with the store.
  • Options
    landverhuizerlandverhuizer Posts: 310 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    I sure would like it if they would explain what they are going to do with the store.

Yeah, this exactly, I have no idea why everything is so shrouded in mystery... Unless they are that unsure or unable to stand by anything
  • Options

Yeah, this exactly, I have no idea why everything is so shrouded in mystery... Unless they are that unsure or unable to stand by anything

The game seem to have sold poorly. It bowed at #1 stateside, while its predecessors were record-breaking #1's. The numbers weren't impressive enough to put out a press release.

If your fan base is small, and only a portion of it actually buys at the Store, they may be analising if it's worth it.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I don't know, just guessing, but I think it's just going to be so different than what we're used to that they're taking more time. Or maybe it's because there were so many people saying it would be up and running day one,lol. Either way I'm ready for new things in my game!
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    edited September 2014
    Soon i hope...before me water n electric gets turned off :p
    200.gif
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member

• Options
    MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    All the sims fanboys/girls will immediately purchase everything, even if it costs 100$. The prices in TS3 were ridiculous. Abominations.
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    MBBMVADER wrote: »
    All the sims fanboys/girls will immediately purchase everything, even if it costs 100$. The prices in TS3 were ridiculous. Abominations.

Someone once worked out it would cost over 70K to get everything (Dollars and this is only from memory so I might have got this abit wrong)
  • Options
    MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    Xesian wrote: »
    MBBMVADER wrote: »

Someone once worked out it would cost over 70K to get everything (Dollars and this is only from memory so I might have got this abit wrong)

Wonderful! Almost all of the most famous Simmers in Youtube buy everything... I can't even imagine how much they've spent!
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    pguida wrote: »

The game seem to have sold poorly. It bowed at #1 stateside, while its predecessors were record-breaking #1's. The numbers weren't impressive enough to put out a press release.

If your fan base is small, and only a portion of it actually buys at the Store, they may be analising if it's worth it.

Are you actually serious? I've no doubt that they've already got a lot of 'store' (I don't think it will be a store, it'll be Origin DLC just like Sim City) content ready to go. It will most definitely be financially viable for them to release DLC, there's no doubt about it.
    tFU6JMe.png