Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can my laptop run the Sims 3 with a 1.8GHz processor?

I really just want to have TS3 on my laptop, because currently it is installed on the family computer which is shared by my brothers and I don't get a lot of time to use it, so having it on my laptop would be ideal.

I know the requirement is at least 2.4 GHz but unfortunately my computer only has 1.8. All of the other requirements (RAM, video card, etc) are well above the minimum for Sims 3, it's just the processor that is under.
The processor is an Intel Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.8GHz and my operating system is Windows 8.1
Will it work? Albeit on the lowest settings? My laptop isn't a gaming computer by any means, so I don't want to install Sims 3 and have it wreck my computer or something hahah, or waste my time to find that it is one big unplayable, laggy mess.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

The Core i5 3337U has a Turbo clock of 2.7GHz, which would activate when playing The Sims 3. Therefore, your computer would meet the minimum (and probably recommended) requirements in this area. However, the thing that has caused issues for many simmers is not enough RAM and lack of a dedicated graphics card.

So how much RAM do you have, and what is your graphics chip model?

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    > @CodySimstein said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > The Core i5 3337U has a Turbo clock of 2.7GHz, which would activate when playing The Sims 3. Therefore, your computer would meet the minimum (and probably recommended) requirements in this area. However, the thing that has caused issues for many simmers is not enough RAM and lack of a dedicated graphics card.
    >
    > So how much RAM do you have, and what is your graphics chip model?
    >
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,
    >
    > Cody

Hi Cody,
    Thank you so much for your response. I didn't know that the processor had turbo boost, so this is great news!
    My laptop has 4GB RAM and the graphics card is AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M with 1GB memory, which will surely be fine for the Sims 3?
    My main concern really was that the processor would not be sufficient, but it turns out that it should be okay, so thanks again for your help. :)
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    kerryn96 wrote: »
    > @CodySimstein said:<br />
    > Hello,<br />
    > <br />
    > The Core i5 3337U has a Turbo clock of 2.7GHz, which would activate when playing The Sims 3. Therefore, your computer would meet the minimum (and probably recommended) requirements in this area. However, the thing that has caused issues for many simmers is not enough RAM and lack of a dedicated graphics card.<br />
    > <br />
    > So how much RAM do you have, and what is your graphics chip model?<br />
    > <br />
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,<br />
    > <br />
    > Cody<br />
    <br />
    Hi Cody,<br />
    Thank you so much for your response. I didn't know that the processor had turbo boost, so this is great news!<br />
    My laptop has 4GB RAM and the graphics card is AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M with 1GB memory, which will surely be fine for the Sims 3?<br />
    My main concern really was that the processor would not be sufficient, but it turns out that it should be okay, so thanks again for your help. :)

Hello,

Okay, that should be able to handle TS3 at medium to medium-high settings depending on how many EPs are added. But as far as I can see, you should be able to play the game with that laptop.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    Lotte2003Lotte2003 Posts: 108 Member
    hmmmm I've been wondering dat to and i think codysimstein had a good answer as i was gonna ask almost same thing