Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom food like The Sims 2?

jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
edited September 2014 in General Mods Discussion
It would be really neat to see player created foods come to The Sims 4.. it was one of my favorite things about The Sims 2.. being able to download many types of food! I wonder if it's possible this time around? :)

Comments

• mgomezmgomez Posts: 126 Member
    There are custom foods already made for TS4, as far as I know. Some brilliant modders came up with eloquent ways of making things like Strawberry Strawberry cake. Beware! It may contain strawberries!
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    mgomez wrote: »
    There are custom foods already made for TS4, as far as I know. Some brilliant modders came up with eloquent ways of making things like Strawberry Strawberry cake. Beware! It may contain strawberries!

Lol but doesn't that just change an ingredient? I mean foods with new meshes, there are a ton for The Sims 2 and were fun to use.
    This is the exploratory period for many modders. Once people get their bearings, I'm sure there will be new foods :D
  • mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2014
    Woohoo More foods, just what I need!

Literally, I was getting tired of making Mac n' cheese or Grilled cheese.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    This is the exploratory period for many modders. Once people get their bearings, I'm sure there will be new foods :D

Yup, I'm seeing a lot of great potential for modders in the game.I honestly can't even describe how excited I am to see what people come up with.
    // take me back to 2018.
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »

Yup, I'm seeing a lot of great potential for modders in the game.I honestly can't even describe how excited I am to see what people come up with.

I'm not sure how modding for Sims 3 was like, since I just started modding like a week ago. I can speak for The Sims 4, though. As I see it, as long as someone has the right tools and knows their way around Python, modding is almost a cakewalk. It's a very long cakewalk, though, which means that it will take some time until we fully understand the mechanisms in the game. No documentation provided makes this difficult, but not necessarily any more difficult than a simple source-diving party. Now if only I can get those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pie menus working the way they should......
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I hope for this too, it's only the beginning as you say.. we can't expect a ton of CC and mods to cater to our every need just yet but I'm impressed with the amount of CC already out there. I loved the custom food in TS2, the restaurant meals at home series, icecream, bon bons, cookies, lasagna, breakfast cereals, cans, 'beer' *cough* :P ah the memories. I still have all the files for food (TS2) ready to put back in my game.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]