Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sneaky In-Game Real Estate/Build Cheat

So I decided a few days ago to add a third household into the game I was playing. Opened the game up, loaded my last save and went into CAS to add a new hh. At the time I didn't really want to create a whole new couple so I pulled a hh I'd made previously in the demo and brought them into the map to find a home for them. I decided to put them in Oasis Springs since my other two hh were in Willow Creek but I needed a particular type of place where I could set up a secret lair for the hubby (he's evil and is going to be a villain secret agent). The couple had 22,000 simoleons between them but the houses I looked at just didn't cut it for me. So I decided to pick one of the empty lots and build. I figured I'd just cheat them some money so I picked a larger lot (40x30) which left them with 16,000.

After buying the lot, though, the game took me right back to the map. And when I clicked on their new lot, I had the option to play or build. I figured since I was making them a house, I'd just build. What do you know, since I hadn't put my new hh actually onto the lot in Live Mode, when I chose build, I got to build in "free" mode which meant that I was building the lot without using any money. I had a mild concern that it might make my game implode when I went to Live Mode with my new family on a lot they paid 6,000 for and it had a 200,000+ simoleon house built on it. :p

Anyway, I finished most of the house with just a couple of rooms to decorate and really wanted to just play so I switched to live mode with my new couple and started playing them. The game did NOT implode, nor did it try to subtract the 200,000+ simoleons from my sims. It just played. Now, considering how huge I made the house, I still had to do a money cheat so they could afford the bills but it was actually part of my storyline anyway (she's from a wealthy family) so it was planned.

I figured I'd have to try it again to see if it was a fluke or a workaround. It's definitely a workaround. I made another new household on a smaller lot, clicked build from the map before putting them on the lot in Live Mode and have been building to my heart's content. As long as you don't go into the Live Mode so they never actually "take possession" of the lot before you start building, you can add a house, furniture and decorations without paying for it.

I do think it has limited use. You can obviously use the simple Freerealestate cheat to buy a lot with a house on it or even build a house then use the cheat to buy that property for your sims. And, if you make your house to big or the objects too expensive, you'll likely have to do a money cheat anyway. On the other hand, I could see it working well for someone who wants to not use a money cheat but wants to put a small, pretty starter home on their lot, fully furnished, but still have a tidy little sum to use in game while building their sim's savings.
Origin ID: ebuchala
I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Lol, lucky find there. Sounds like your criminal mastermind was beating the system before he ever even 'lived'.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    Lol, lucky find there. Sounds like your criminal mastermind was beating the system before he ever even 'lived'.

Ha! Yes, I actually thought about that. He's got a head start on his "criminal" activities. :p
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Genius! I shall have to give that a try sometime!
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    thats how i got money in my first playthru. discovered it by accident as well.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Beware the bills your lavish houses will bring...
    edited September 2014
    camman1995 wrote: »
    Beware the bills your lavish houses will bring...

Yep, that's why I mentioned you'd have to cheat anyway to afford it if you make something super fancy. You could do it with a starter home, though and end up just paying for the lot without the house. Unfortunately, when I build, I tend to use all available space and go for higher end looks. :p I use money cheats a lot in my games.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @ebuchala same, them type of cheats r the ones I use most
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Oh I've used this method a lot. It's been available for quite some time. It's pretty much how I set up all my own townies. You can do this with any unplayed household.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Oh I've used this method a lot. It's been available for quite some time. It's pretty much how I set up all my own townies. You can do this with any unplayed household.

Yeah, this is a pretty old thread, actually. :D
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Oppps.... sorry only looked at the post above mine... didn't realize it had been necro-ed... *blush* (Hate that :| )
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Oppps.... sorry only looked at the post above mine... didn't realize it had been necro-ed... *blush* (Hate that :| )

Nah, it's alright. I was actually a bit surprised to see it pop up but someone's getting more into building, I think, so they bumped it while looking around.