Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @naniminna - Indeed! I'll go ahead and add it to the rules post so others will know. Thanks!

@dethdukk - Okiedokles re: ISBI Score sheet, just let me know if the link changes. And I'll be adding your story directly! Grats on the high score! :D
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    edited February 2015
    Here she is, Sophia is now a teen!!!! Look out world!

VeKcJzh.jpg

Alfredo helping Brandon with his homework.

SxMJCOt.jpg
    Post edited by AJLOVER01 on
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    @AJLOVER01 Wow! Sophia has grown up to be very beautiful!
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    naniminna wrote: »
    @AJLOVER01 Wow! Sophia has grown up to be very beautiful!

Thanks, it must be those Lothario genes!

• etothepietothepi Posts: 150 Member
    So I started this one last night with a couple gallery Sims (Scarlett Johansson and Leonardo DiCaprio.) It's going alright, and they already have 2 kids, but Leo refuses to go to his job! If he gets fired, can I give him a new one or is he just out of luck?
    origin: etothepi16

Fighting prescriptivism one English teacher at a time.
    I do what I must, because I can.
    How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
    Trying not to die and so far I'm really good at it.
    tumblr_muuwvgDian1rny9ino2_250.gif

You can have him quit or get hired at any time. What I did in that scenerio was I had my sims use up all his vacation days before I let him quit.
    @etothepi - What naniminna said, you're allowed to have them quit or start work at any time, that's a freebie action. And taking vacation days is too, so that would be a great way to try and stave off getting fired if that's something you want to do. :) Good luck!
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    @Lynnwood Hello I was wondering if you could update the link for my ISBI challenge I recently moved it to a brand new site here is the link simtaleswoven.com/me-myself-and-the-voice-inside-my-head/
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • etothepietothepi Posts: 150 Member
    @Lynnwood Thanks!
    origin: etothepi16

Fighting prescriptivism one English teacher at a time.
    I do what I must, because I can.
    How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
    Trying not to die and so far I'm really good at it.
    tumblr_muuwvgDian1rny9ino2_250.gif

• dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    @lynnwood Thanks so much
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Hey guys! :) Lots of great blogs here and stories from everyone that has posted. @Lynnwood Thank you for rewriting this for The Sims 4. I just started a Let's Play on my YouTube channel after discovering this gem and so far I'm having lots of fun with it! If anyone would like to follow a long, please feel free to do so. Here's a link to my first episode. :)

http://youtu.be/XVRNz3wqnsc
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I LOVE this challenge and will be trying it later...I'm too busy with my Amazon challenge at the moment, but I'm an avid reader of all ISBI stories, so I hope everyone has linked theirs here! I've caught up and need MORE! Hats off to you talented storytellers! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @lessthanzero1013 - Neat! I've never seen an ISBI Let's Play before, I'll have to check this out when I've got the time. I'll also add you to the list on the front page! :)

@pammiechick - Glad to hear it! ISBIs are a heck of a lot of fun. :)
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @lessthanzero1013 - Neat! I've never seen an ISBI Let's Play before, I'll have to check this out when I've got the time. I'll also add you to the list on the front page! :)

@pammiechick - Glad to hear it! ISBIs are a heck of a lot of fun. :)

Thank you @Lynnwood for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments and answering the questions that I had, it means a lot! :) I'm so ready for Friday so I can play this challenge again hehe. :) Also, thank you for adding me to the list. :star:
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
    @lessthanzero1013 - You're more than welcome! :D<3
    @Lynnwood I have the sadz. =( My plum of a sim ruined her kids' birthday party by eating the birthday cake she made with her one free action before my child torch holder could put candles on her birthday cake. ='( I feel so bad for the kids! Thankfully the youngest gets to have a real birthday cake. xD
    @naniminna - Oh noes!!! Lol, poor thing! I had that happen myself, though not in an ISBI so I was able to make another one. I stuffed the 2nd one in one of my sim's personal inventories until I was ready for it, lol.
    @naniminna I should do that if I ever have to do that again on this challenge! xD
  • Baloshi2Baloshi2 Posts: 107 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've just started this challenge and things have gone very well! I've just completed my first week. I started with my one sim, had him marrying by Thurs, and got our first kid on Saturday. XD I was excited to get deep into the core of the challenge. So far, so good!

Note: I learned by buying the "Mmm...What's That Smell?" book (2,500) that sims, when choosing to autonomously read, if there are no other books around, will indeed read that one, thus leveling up Cooking skill and preventing fires!

EDIT: Well, it was all going well until my NTH walked outside, and has stayed out there...
    "We have a baby you know!"
    "It's okay, I'll be in soon. Right after I finish evaluating this bench!"
    "..."

Soon after...
    "Look! Our baby's growing up! Why don't you come inside!?!"
    "Oh, what... sorry, I'm just so focused on this bench!"
    Post edited by Baloshi2 on
    giphy.gif

Origin ID: Baloshi2
    @Baloshi2 - Hahaha! Well glad to hear that you're having fun with it, good luck! And don't worry, those crazy simmies will have you rolling in fails soon enough. :)
    edited March 2015
    @Lynnwood - I am totally feeling the pain of everyone else right now! XD Question : Am I allowed to use "kaching" to "borrow" 1K from the bank, then pay back 1K later using the "money" cheat? Just using cheats to act like a bank; is it allowed?

Also, wanted to let you know that I am currently working on a variation of this challenge called the ISBI Challenge : Butler Edition. :smile:
    Post edited by Baloshi2 on
    giphy.gif

@Baloshi2 - Hmm . . . in the strictest sense of the rules, no, Kaching would not be allowed. However, as I always say, play to have fun. If you need to do this little cheat then by all means. And Butler Edition eh? Interesting . . . :D
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Oh my gosh, @Baloshi2, are you playing as the butler to a family? That sounds like it could be a funny story, especially if you set up the rooms to be different moods so you could control them that way. A fly on the wall. Makes me want to try it!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Megg87 Yep! That's the plan... you play as a butler to a wealthy family. Check my post for the rules and regulations, and feel free to help me revise them. :)
    giphy.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top