Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you think it will take until fully custom hair is a thing

I don't know if there is any out currently. If there is I haven't seen it. Just some recolor/retextures. They're nice and I'm sooo glad they exist since the basic colours are limited but I feel like I've used all the hair there is.
Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.

Comments

• safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Fully custom? Not seen. I've seen some people lengthening parts of hair meshes, shaving other parts, converting hairstyles from one gender to another, but nothing from stratch. Like you, I'd love some more options. However, I read that there's an issue with EA not releasing something (an alpha?) that makes starting from scratch difficult.
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    The problem with the alpha is going to make Sims 3 to Sims 4 hair conversions difficult, if not impossible, in most cases unless modders can find a workaround. This isn't why we don't have custom hair for the full game yet though.

The GEOM code that governs hair has not yet been fully elucidated although people are working on that. It has some significant differences compared to the GEOM code for Sims 3 and the GEOM code for the Sims 4 demo so figuring it out is taking awhile.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I've seen three altered meshes for hair so far (slightly altered EA hair). All of which were just lengthened. I feel like it will be a couple of weeks/months before we get something more custom than that. I guess we'll see.
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Thank you very much I did not know any of that
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2014
    Fully custom? Not seen. I've seen some people lengthening parts of hair meshes, shaving other parts, converting hairstyles from one gender to another, but nothing from stratch. Like you, I'd love some more options. However, I read that there's an issue with EA not releasing something (an alpha?) that makes starting from scratch difficult.
    So all this guru talk about making it easier to mod was just talk? Figures.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Well, Eclipse Sims ( http://eclipsesims4.tumblr.com/ ) on Tumblr has been making some really nice stuff for The Sims 4. It's just hair conversions, but it's progress! :)