Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a glitch?

Recently I had one of my Sims throw a Birthday Party for one of her twin daughters who was aging from baby to toddler. The shocking thing was that the moment the singular candle was lit, it started this absolutely huge conflagration in the kitchen. Is this a normal thing or is this a glitch?
You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^

Comments

• MedeousMedeous Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited July 2009
    there's always a chance the birthday cake will erupt into flames. Makes for an interesting party, eh? :lol: so no, not a glitch.
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Its not a glitch. It happens.
  • peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
    not a glitch, it happens xD
  • RainieRainie Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2009
    Birthday cakes will sometimes catch fire. :?
  • theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't think that's a glitch... the same thing happened to me.

I thought it was kinda funny. He tries to blow the candles out and BOOM! A huge fire!
  • WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yea that happened to me too a while ago - pretty hilarious IMO :lol:
  • theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited July 2009
    WoWLynnia wrote:
    Yea that happened to me too a while ago - pretty hilarious IMO :lol:

I agree. When he tried to blow out the candles, a fire started. I lol'ed :mrgreen:
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited July 2009
    Recently I had one of my Sims throw a Birthday Party for one of her twin daughters who was aging from baby to toddler. The shocking thing was that the moment the singular candle was lit, it started this absolutely huge conflagration in the kitchen. Is this a normal thing or is this a glitch?

Conflagration?? I haven't actually seen it first hand yet, but hey what a birthday present EA, "Oh little Timmy, you're turning into a child today, well here have a birthday cake," :lights candle: :Whoosh:, "Oops! Little Timmy got Roasted and so did the house. NICE!!! :twisted: I wanna see it toooooo!!! :Stamps feet like a little simmy when things don't go their way:

Hehee, So funny when sims stamp their feet cuz they can't do something, hehe
  • KuroKitsuneKuroKitsune Posts: 56 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I always have the party outside, well away from the house. That way, if something goes wrong, at least the house is safe. :P
  • RetafRetaf Posts: 391 Member
    edited July 2009
    that's what happens when you give the kid a shot of an adult beverage before he/she blows out the candle...LOL
  • bucsfankhris05bucsfankhris05 Posts: 1,020 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I had a party once where the fireplace caught on fire and killed a guy right before the toddler was going to blow out his candles - after the Grim Reaper took the guy away, he joined in celebrating the kid's birthday - blowing the horn, swinging the little noisemaker, all that. I was like, "WTH?!" It was awesome - I had a video of it, but I have no idea what happened to on my computer.
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's pretty dang annoying, but it happens.
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, no suprise that the cake is called Inferno Birthday cake xD.
  • RaspberriesRaspberries Posts: 168 Member
    edited July 2009
    Biggos6 wrote:
    Well, no suprise that the cake is called Inferno Birthday cake xD.

Awww! And here I thought that I could be the one to point that out. :cry::mrgreen:
    I've had it happen to me twice, for my twins birthday, both cakes. Pretty interesting.
  • DejavooDejavoo Posts: 293 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like it when they blow out the candles and the flame gets blown on to a sim and they burst into flame...it's happened to me twice already heh
  • fluff66666fluff66666 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :D haha that's pretty funny!!!!

I hope it didn't burn your house down!!!
  • OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay, so the fiery birthday cake is not a glitch after all. Of course I could understand it being a problem if the Sim in question was pushing towards Elderdom, but from Baby to Toddler?
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^