Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems With Randomly Generated Households

All of the unplayed households in my game seem to follow two patterns: a single Sim, or a single mom with an older (ya or teen?) daughter and a child (who ages to teen eventually, etc.) son. Is anyone else seeing this same pattern? Also, all of those small families are dark haired, which is just strange. I get nearly no blondes or red-heads or even the more moderate shades of brown in my world. It's not none, but it's a strong enough pattern that I suspect something is up. I'm about to give in and try to populate some of those unplayed families differently just so I have more variety of families to interact with.
The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
Origin ID: Tairgire

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have a lot of single household elders in my unplayed (not currently in the world) There are only a couple that have a child.

I've been editing them and changing their ages and also adding kids and teens to them.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    all I know is that I once saw a npc family when you travel the guy was in a hot dog costume XD lol!
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I have a lot of elders and empty homes.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Roane wrote: »
    All of the unplayed households in my game seem to follow two patterns: a single Sim, or a single mom with an older (ya or teen?) daughter and a child (who ages to teen eventually, etc.) son. Is anyone else seeing this same pattern? Also, all of those small families are dark haired, which is just strange. I get nearly no blondes or red-heads or even the more moderate shades of brown in my world. It's not none, but it's a strong enough pattern that I suspect something is up. I'm about to give in and try to populate some of those unplayed families differently just so I have more variety of families to interact with.

I had autofill houses set to on, and I got what you got. I've decided that I don't want to play those families, so as the families I AM playing expand, I'm going to kick those folks out and move my own people in. (I have unchecked the box to autofill homes, may kick those folks out before I actually need to move in, haven't decided).
  • Options
    RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Glad to know it's not just me. I guess I'll edit the families to include some more people of some more ages and family structures. Thanks everyone.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »

I had autofill houses set to on, and I got what you got. I've decided that I don't want to play those families, so as the families I AM playing expand, I'm going to kick those folks out and move my own people in. (I have unchecked the box to autofill homes, may kick those folks out before I actually need to move in, haven't decided).

One of the first things I did was change autofill to off and evicted several. (like the Calientes and Lothario and several others) If they had kids in them, I left them for now.

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2014

I have mixture but the majority are singles. I have 4 game generated family housholds. I think three are unrelated and one is true family.
    As for the hair color I have quite few beautiful blonde female townies too.
    You can always edit them or add your own mixture if not happy with some of the existing. You can also delete them.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif