Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what happens when your Sim is caught cheating (pics)

Comments

• Options
    Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    Nice story :)
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
  • Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    Not MILEY being the person wrecking everything #Rip

Nnnnn, being the huge Miley Cyrus fan I am, I feel like it's like that's what people perceive her as, even in the Sims. Nnnn. Well, Clare's husband is ugly so can't blame her for cheating on him with Miley!
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    RSully94 wrote: »
    Not MILEY being the person wrecking everything #Rip

Nnnnn, being the huge Miley Cyrus fan I am, I feel like it's like that's what people perceive her as, even in the Sims. Nnnn. Well, Clare's husband is ugly so can't blame her for cheating on him with Miley!

tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

• Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    Haven't had much of a reaction from any simmies in my game from affairs, but none of them happened right in front of their faces, so maybe that's the key. I hate to do it, but it's a pretty integral part of the story I'm building.
    And yes, the shower picture was heartbreaking.
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited January 2015
    This hasn't been my experience at all. I don't usually have Sims cheat, but it has happened on its own twice in my game. The first time, it was at the wedding. The groom's father flirted with the bride. The groom became upset and got a moodlet about unfaithful mate or something like that. But there was no reaction toward either his dad or bride. He just got angry. He even went through with the marriage...as I had queued it up before all that took place.

The second time was when I had switched houses. There was a lady that kept knocking so I finally decided to let her in. I didn't realize that the hubby...same guy that flirted with his son's bride...had a fling while I was away. So the guy, fling, and his wife were all in a conversation together. The husband kept flirting with the other woman and his wife was just like...whatevs. She just carried on the conversation like she was completely oblivious. Then I forced the husband to flirt with his wife and the other lady got mad. Since their marriage was destroyed in my eyes, I decided to make the guy woohoo with his fling. His wife didn't bat an eye. Then I thought maybe she had to be in the same room so I had her walk in on them. She got embarrassed, not because she caught them cheating, but because she walked in on them. I gave up and just made her be mean until they got divorced.

Also...she had the family trait. So if anyone should be upset, it should be her. They were elders so that's like a lifetime with her spouse.
  • Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    Normally I don't like to have my sims being unfaithful, but I am running out of room in the house for sims, so the husband is going to have to cheat and get kicked out. The parents in my family decided to add another kid to the family, and they ended up having triplets. Too many sims for me to focus on the eldest child(she will be progressing the family legacy). It seems kind of weird that in ts3 I never seemed to have twins or triplets, yet that's all my sims in ts4 have had so far.
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    KitttyKatt10KitttyKatt10 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't get all this... For me its really hard to get the spouse jealous of me making out with my new boyfriend in front of the husband lol
    (in game not real life)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    ebomb23 wrote: »
    Normally I don't like to have my sims being unfaithful, but I am running out of room in the house for sims, so the husband is going to have to cheat and get kicked out. The parents in my family decided to add another kid to the family, and they ended up having triplets. Too many sims for me to focus on the eldest child(she will be progressing the family legacy). It seems kind of weird that in ts3 I never seemed to have twins or triplets, yet that's all my sims in ts4 have had so far.

You can move him out to his own home. That's what I did when my sim kept having boys and I wanted a girl. I moved the dad and 4 boys out into a separate home.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    My sims get very depressed when they catch their lovers cheating on them. I remember everyone in the sims 3 complained about if a sim was cheating the WHOLE house knew about it even if they didn't witness it. and now people are complaining that Sim don't react? my sim was depressed for 7days straight which was longer than he was when his mother died. people are never happy lol
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    I keep thinking there's little story progression in The Sims 4 but once I saw this, I could tell, even though you have to pave the way for them, the stories feel genuinely better in The Sims 4... just my personal opinion :3
  • Options
    MerceMarzMerceMarz Posts: 79 Member
    Grrr Miley! That little home-wrecker!!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »
    My sims get very depressed when they catch their lovers cheating on them. I remember everyone in the sims 3 complained about if a sim was cheating the WHOLE house knew about it even if they didn't witness it. and now people are complaining that Sim don't react? my sim was depressed for 7days straight which was longer than he was when his mother died. people are never happy lol
    I certainly regret sims in 3 can't cheat on their spouse secretly, without being trapped and punished. It just would add some gameplay and fun. If that's how it works in 4 I'd like that. But does it?
    I tried it once myself. My sim's boyfriend got a little sad, but then continued talking to her as if nothing happened, in 3 the least you should do is make excuses. Otherwise normal interacting is out of the question for quite a while.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I am amazed by this picture story! How come it can happen in some people's games and not others? It doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    @astridentanja I had a couple in TS3, he was married she was single, cheating for about one year and then breaking and I could have it secret, even the spouse and the lover were friends (not too close but...) they had to be very carefull, they only met in her house and never had any romantic interaction when outside, it was tricky but very funny
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    junceda wrote: »
    @astridentanja I had a couple in TS3, he was married she was single, cheating for about one year and then breaking and I could have it secret, even the spouse and the lover were friends (not too close but...) they had to be very carefull, they only met in her house and never had any romantic interaction when outside, it was tricky but very funny
    Really, you can make that work!? That's exactly why I think it could be fun, trying to remain the secret lol
    Maybe it matters if the betraying sim isn't in your household. In your case your sim did nothing wrong, technically speaking. Her lover was the cheater... Yes, I am going to try it.
    Come to think of it I did something like that quite a while ago, but the wife came home and she started crying. It was really very sad and I made my sim end the relationship haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS2 sims had the best reaction. It was an instant slap and fight.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Really, you can make that work!? That's exactly why I think it could be fun, trying to remain the secret lol
    Maybe it matters if the betraying sim isn't in your household. In your case your sim did nothing wrong, technically speaking. Her lover was the cheater... Yes, I am going to try it.
    Come to think of it I did something like that quite a while ago, but the wife came home and she started crying. It was really very sad and I made my sim end the relationship haha.
    I got it to work well in TS3. I often played the Pleasants from ST, and Daniel was always bed-hopping. So long as he was careful, Mary-Sue generally didn't find out about it. He even got someone pregnant once and used to visit the baby, still Mary-Sue knew nothing.

I always played with celebrity mode off though, I hated celebs popping up all over the place. So, my sims never had the inconvenience of the public finding out their secrets.

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »

For some people emotions just don't work, the sims in TS4 are oblivious. You are lucky yours is different but surely you could understand why people would complain if there's no reaction?
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    It's so much easier to keep the cheating a secret in 4 than in 3. I remember when one of my sims was bouncing from guy to guy having their babies when one time one of them came over. The toddler across the house got super upset that her mother was sleeping around with another man. Even though a toddler is way too young to even understand what's going on.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    i79k1.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

I wonder how many takes that took to get those captures.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I got it to work well in TS3. I often played the Pleasants from ST, and Daniel was always bed-hopping. So long as he was careful, Mary-Sue generally didn't find out about it. He even got someone pregnant once and used to visit the baby, still Mary-Sue knew nothing.

I always played with celebrity mode off though, I hated celebs popping up all over the place. So, my sims never had the inconvenience of the public finding out their secrets.
    I play with celebrity mode off as well so that shouldn't be a problem.
    The other day my sim got slapped by his ITF sweetheart hologram by the way (because he's got a girlfriend in the present world as well). She must have read that somewhere in a history book I guess :D
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    QsayK4prezQsayK4prez Posts: 2 New Member
    My sim's husband likes my sim's enemy, so I have to get them back together. I wound up with them flirting until the angry moodlet went away
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    you know when an old thread has been bumped when you scroll through the messages and see replies from people who have long since been banned
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Kaariaanne03Kaariaanne03 Posts: 46 Member
    It's nice to see that they react! It would'nt be very realistick if they did'nt.
    But it also seem's like the sim's reactions is very different.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    This is from September...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1