Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what happens when your Sim is caught cheating (pics)

claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
I’ve read a lot of complaints about Sims not responding to their spouse cheating on them right in front of their faces. Some people reported the the Sim that was cheated on was actually cheerful afterwards and even flirted with them. This was bugging me. Is there really no jealousy in Sims 4? I had to find out for myself. I had a situation in my game that had developed between 2 of my Sims autonomously that I could either bring to the light or cover up. Usually I wouldn’t break up a happy sim family, but I wanted to know if this was seriously a problem with the programming or not.

The Burning Question: Can a Sim really cheat on their spouse in front of them now without ANY repercussion?

So here’s a quick background. I have 3 sim families that I’m rotating between.

Insane Miley Cyrus – http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782853/my-experience-with-an-insane-sim-pics/p1
Clare and her husband – http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12626328#Comment_12626328
Gloomy Bella Swan – http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784343/my-experience-with-a-gloomy-sim-pictures/p1

While playing in my Bella Sim’s household, I saw two of my sims from other households making out in public (Clare and Miley).

09-06-14_9-56nbspPM-2.png

This should not have been a surprise considering the fact that Miley pretty much alternates between flirting and screaming at just about anyone when left to her own device. Clare and Miley were bestfriends, but not romantic that way last time I played them. At least as far as I remember at the time.

Last time I had checked on Clare she was happily married with 3 children

09-13-14_11-22nbspPM.png

See?

So I switched over to Clare’s family.

I noticed she didn’t seem quite as happy now and was drinking a great deal. She drinks pretty much all day. The first thing she does in the morning is make a drink at the bar and continues through out the day non-stop. She does this on her own free will.

09-13-14_11-07nbspPM.png

09-11-14_12-07nbspAM.png

She also now had a high romantic bar with Miley. Interesting twist.

I decided to conduct the experiment to see how her husband would respond if she invited over Miley and they kissed directly in front of him.

Here goes…

09-14-14_12-21nbspAM.png

Nothing.

09-14-14_12-21nbspAM-2.png

wait…

09-14-14_12-23nbspAM.png

There we go.

09-14-14_12-21nbspAM-4.png

He immediately got in her face and yelled. He was 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Instead of apologizing, She did it again and he stormed out in rage.

09-14-14_12-26nbspAM.png

Unfortunately one of the children walked in and saw. Ugh. Not good, now it was getting more complicated.

09-14-14_12-26nbspAM-2.png

She immediately comforted her son and that helped remedy that situation.

09-14-14_12-28nbspAM.png

Her husband stormed off to the bedroom

09-14-14_12-27nbspAM.png

He stood at the edge of the bed clenching his fists.

09-14-14_12-29nbspAM.png

Clare didn’t seem to be very disturbed by her husband’s reaction. (I think this is because of her cheerful trait.) She proceeded to introduce Miley to the rest of her children.

09-14-14_12-30nbspAM.png

Her husband got involved again at that point.

09-14-14_12-32nbspAM.png

Oh no he didn’t just splash juice in her face!

They tried to talk it out, but it just resulted in more bickering and him saying some apparently very harsh words.

09-14-14_12-31nbspAM.png

09-14-14_12-31nbspAM-2.png

Her expression is priceless.

It got more and more heated, and the divorce option came up. I knew this was serious.
At this point it seemed like a clean break would be the best solution to remedy this situation.

09-14-14_12-32nbspAM-2.png

And that was it... Their marriage came to an end….

09-14-14_12-34nbspAM-2.png09-14-14_12-33nbspAM-2.png

Now I know this is just a game and this was an experiment to see if there’s really a glitch in the emotional engine when it comes to affairs… but MAN, I felt terrible!! She was sobbing, the children were sobbing and his lower lip is trembling. It was just so HEARTBREAKING. I even wanted to cry. They really pull on the heart strings with the emotions in this game. It’s not like Sims 3 where they just stare straight ahead of soulless eyes 2 minutes after a dramatic encounter. No, this is hardcore dramatic soap opera stuff! When I first started playing this family, they seemed so perfect. Not anymore.

So Clare left..

09-14-14_12-35nbspAM.png

Her EX-husband took a very sad shower…

09-14-14_12-42nbspAM.png

Clare left with Miley. Miley comforted her and invited her to move in with her.

09-14-14_12-53nbspAM.png

She did.

The divorce upset the children and there was a blurb about how some sim children blame themselves. That went away after a few hours. It’s different for the couple though. The “VERY SAD” mood lasts 2 whole sim days. You can’t shake it. It’s heavy. If your sim has a job, forget getting a raise, don’t plan on having any parties or doing anything. Your sim will basically alternate between crying in bed and sitting at the kitchen table swirling their fork slowly around their food. It’s painful to watch. I really don’t recommend divorce for anything but the last resort when everything else fails. I kind of wish I could undo that decision and had them try harder to work things out.

Right now I’m playing the Clare’s family. (Just Her husband and 3 children) The first few days after the divorce were rough but now they’re doing okay. Clare drops by every single Sim day to check on them. She comes in and actually takes out the trash, does the dishes, talks to the kids. I like the fact that this is automatic and I don’t have to invite her over to see her children. She does it on her own. She usually leaves before her ex-husband returns from work. They are civil with each other now and even make polite conversation.

I don’t know how Clare is doing with Miley. I haven’t checked on that household since the break up. I’ll see how that’s going. If she’s not happy there, I’ll work on rebuilding her relationship with her husband and maybe he’ll take her back? If she’s happy living with Miley then I guess it was simply meant to be this way.

So there you have it folks. That’s what happens when your sim cheats in front of their spouse. For those that had a different reaction, it may have something to do with your chosen personality traits. Maybe a cheerful sim looks on the bright side and doesn’t get as upset when witnessing an affair, maybe a romantic sim thinks “ooh Menage Trois”, Maybe a gloomy sim just cries in her bed. What was your experience like?
tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif

Comments

• celesteecelestee Posts: 78 Member
    This was fantastic! It's great to see sims actually react :)
    Bella_and_Mortimer_render.jpg
  • FearTheMegglesFearTheMeggles Posts: 242 Member
    My sim wasn't married yet and walked in on her live in boyfriend woohooing a townie after a hard day of work. She was very sad, even with the cheerful trait. She hid under the covers a bit and gave herself pep talks, but in the end she saw he just didn't care being noncommital. When she broke up with him she was still quite sad, but he actually got a happy moodlet for being free again.
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    That was great. Thank you for sharing. I have experienced my Sims not really responding to infidelity and I hate to break up and/or otherwise divorce my Sims, but the story-telling becomes so enriched by the variety. I'm glad yours is working.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    wow, just like real life. sad and heartbreaking. I always tend to make my sims cheat. I'm not sure why, when i would never cheat in real life.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    Thanks @Celestee!

@FearTheMeggles - That's funny that she got the happy moodlet from being free again. Sounds like it really wasn't meant to be

@simsensational – Thanks! And yes, I agree!

@mooredt21 – What were the personality traits of your Sims that didn’t really respond to infidelity? Do you remember? I’m curious to find out if the personality of the Sim has something to do with how they respond to be cheated on. I agree that the storytelling in Sims 4 is definitely enriched by the variety. I find myself playing in ways I never did before because it’s really fun to see what’s going to happen next.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    those pictures really get to you, I finally had a divorce but there weren't any kids or secret partners involved, the snobby, materialistic, mean ex-wife was a little disappointed but couldn't care less about her ex-husband.

09-13-14_7-20nbspPM_zpsd26f0cc8.png
    Because she was being so hateful and thinking about the sims she wanted to be mean to I gave him the bedroom.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @dixieangel550 - I know, right? I think I've had an unfaithful Sim at some point in each Sims game of the franchise (1,2,3 & 4). I'm too curious to see how the Sim will react even though I would never be unfaithful in real life. Come to think of it, there's a lot my sims do that I wouldn't do in real life lol! ;)
  • marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    Miley making out with another girl for attention? "PLUM"! THAT SIM IS REALLY HER! D:
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    Thanks @Celestee!

@FearTheMeggles - That's funny that she got the happy moodlet from being free again. Sounds like it really wasn't meant to be

@simsensational – Thanks! And yes, I agree!

@mooredt21 – What were the personality traits of your Sims that didn’t really respond to infidelity? Do you remember? I’m curious to find out if the personality of the Sim has something to do with how they respond to be cheated on. I agree that the storytelling in Sims 4 is definitely enriched by the variety. I find myself playing in ways I never did before because it’s really fun to see what’s going to happen next.

I honestly have no idea what my Sims' traits were. I will have to go into my game to check. Honestly, my husband has been on the game far more than I have so I don't even remember the names of the last Sims I played with. He's clocking all these hours for me, I guess.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I had my Sim dump her boyfriend today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was upset about the breakup as well, as opposed to TS3 where only the dumpee got upset, whereas the dumper couldn't have cared less. I really do love the new emotions system. It's a lot more detailed and realistic than I was expecting. :)
    44444.gif
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The Bella in my game has a husband, boyfriend and many lovers. Each time she is caught by hubby, hubby is reacts. Boyfriend reacts when she is caught at local hotel. I have been having all kinds of affairs in my game. Sesshomaru impregnated every married woman in town. He was caught each time. They do react, but it is delayed reaction sometimes. Kind of like they are in too much shocked to react right away.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    @dixieangel550 - I know, right? I think I've had an unfaithful Sim at some point in each Sims game of the franchise (1,2,3 & 4). I'm too curious to see how the Sim will react even though I would never be unfaithful in real life. Come to think of it, there's a lot my sims do that I wouldn't do in real life lol! ;)

Glad i'm not alone in this lol! I always got away with it in my games. had to be remarried a few times in sims 3. that always annoyed me . your spouse was so mad at you, you werent married anymore, but they never said you were divorced. they just caught you and dumped you lol
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • BevTweetyBevTweety Posts: 116 Member
    Thanx for the story and showing,telling about the reactions. It made it seem more real..I read about the person who said it made no difference in her game.When I get the game i'll have to try it out.
  • tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    The picture of taking a sad shower was heartbreaking.
  • FearTheMegglesFearTheMeggles Posts: 242 Member
    I thought the happy moodlet for those with commitment issues was a nice touch. In 3 they'd have a wish to break up, then be all sad when you had them do it. Little miss cheerful ended up calling the sadness hotline when he moved out.
  • Chris41279Chris41279 Posts: 247 Member
    They call this a life sim, but if Sims reacted the way humans do, there would be some dead sims.. and some jam packed jails! LOL
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    @claritysf - Thanks for posting and sharing your pics. That was interesting and it was good to see that there is some reaction to jealousy in the game again.
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    now I am scared to mess around with my sims love lives.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I don't know about you guy's, but I know when my sim dumped Dina & started dating another sim...the next day I ran into her at the gym and she was furious & pretty much still argued with him lol!! I'm going to assume she was asking in simlish "why did you break up with me?"
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    My sim caught his lover flirting with Don Lothario. He got angry and stomped away. He was hiding his emotions and he even began doing push ups to help him deal with his anger. But, he then turned very sad and began to mope. his moodlet said he was "jealous."
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Awww. That's so sad. Even the kids are sad.

Yeah, I had a break up too (not divorce) and they were both upset for days. She came back the day after crying and they had a talk and even the day after that, he came home from work and cried it out.

I felt so bad!
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    Now I think I want to just to see what happens lol
  • EavingEaving Posts: 132 Member
    I was so scared by all the talk of not having jealousy and stuff with a cheating sim, I'm so glad you proved that wrong (at least in some cases) even though it was heartbreaking.

P.S. Clare is very pretty