Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few questions regarding lack of CASt in Sims 4

Hello! I apologize if I did not put this in the correct place.

Ok so I just purchased the Sims 4 and was quite a bit disappointed that there is no longer an open world (although I can easily live without this) but worse, no longer the ability to create unique colors for clothing and other items, or add different patterns to them. By far, my favorite thing to do in the Sims is to create and there was nothing cooler than being able to create unique clothing, wallpaper, etc. that nobody else had or would have even thought of!

Now please know I'm not trying to complain or bash the Sims 4. I am extremely happy with the quality of available base game content/items available. The overall look of the game is very nice and the sims themselves look amazing! And the hair! The hair is just beautiful!! I haven't been in game for more than 30 mins so I'm sure there are many other things about the game I will love!

However, my questions regarding the lack of customizable clothing and objects are:

1. Does anyone know the reason for this not being available in the Sims 4? I'm really just curious about why they would take such a cool feature away, especially since the game in general seems to revolve around allowing users to be creative.

and

2. Has there been any word on whether or not there are future plans to add such features later on, either through game updates or expansion packs?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Jerrid_120Jerrid_120 Posts: 41 Member
    1 = They claim it's a Performance hit and that's why they took it out. Now yes I feel custom colors all over would chug the game. Remember each color pixel is a texture. Now imagine if you made a house with over 50 colors that's 50 textures needed to load up along with the models. That's very stressful on the engine.

2 = As of right now they are not confirming the CAST returning. Now that may seem sad, but who's to say Presets will be added and of course my idea of what could bring back customization. Instead of a color wheel we just have the swatches style in various shades and highlights to primary and secondary colors. That way we still have customization but it's not a strain on the engine.

I feel your pain simmer, but give the SimsTeam a chance before jumping the gun. Try out Sims 4 for a bit. It's fun. We are all just getting over Sims 3 Full Blown Expansion Packed game.
  • raysheezieraysheezie Posts: 3 New Member
    Ah thank you, that makes sense..I still miss it but I get it, I mean I did go a little crazy with customizing in TS3 and my game was very laggy.

After playing for a little bit longer I have decided that although I still miss CASt so much it hurts...I could still manage living sim life w/o it...but this whole non openworld thing is a killer to get used to. And maybe I'm still not used to the camera or whatever but is it just me or is there no longer a sky?? I feel like I live in a cartoon bubble with a few yards and neighbors but surrounded by this blue dome thingy...ahh I just feel trapped lol. Maybe TS3 just spoiled me and I'll get used to this? I hope bc I so badly want to love TS4! You are so right though, going from a fully packed Sims (with weather and seasons!) to a fresh new base game only, will certainly make adjusting seem worse than it really is. I will most definitely try hard to stick it out until I don't even notice the differences anymore (hopefully).
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I miss the customization option also. I do understand how it affects game loading though. The Sims 3 was loading slowly as I progressed and saved more custom content. That part was no fun.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif