Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot edit my Sims eye colors anymore :(

jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
edited September 2014 in General Mods Discussion
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/773410/additional-eyes/p1

I had the demo version of these in my game which still worked for me when the base game came out. I updated it, and it broke all of my sims that I had made.. Now I am not able to change their eye color without randomizing their eye structure.. Does anyone have the original demo file or can think of a way to help? Thanks so much! :(

Comments

• jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    Please help!
  • Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    Have you tried pm'ing the creator and see if (s)he still have the original file?
    What happens if when in CAS and you click the gallery and load a sim previously made and replacing current household (all in CAS) - Are you then able to change eye color? Or how are you trying to change their eye color?

I'm sorry but I'm so not in the know how of that particular subject.
    edited September 2014
    I talked to them but I don't think they saved the original file. :(
    So you mean replacing the current household with the sims that have the broken eyes? I've done that, and merged them as well, but they are still broken unless I randomize their eyes. All of them are set to brown..
    edited September 2014
    jirlucfan wrote: »
    So you mean replacing the current household with the sims that have the broken eyes? I've done that, and merged them as well, but they are still broken unless I randomize their eyes. All of them are set to brown..

All done in CAS and not in the game with the cas edit sim code?
    What version was the eyes - I mean / Default replacements or add ones?
    Madiza86 wrote: »

I think that worked! Or something did. I reset the sim, and then did that in Live mode, and it let me change the eye colors! SO EXCITING! :)

Thank you!!!

I think that worked! Or something did. I reset the sim, and then did that in Live mode, and it let me change the eye colors! SO EXCITING! :)

Thank you!!!

Really? How wicked - So happy to be of service :smile:

Thank you!!!

False alarm.. it fixed nothing. UGH
    edited September 2014

Thank you!!!

Hmm well that was short lived. So back to my question - What version was the eyes - I mean / Default replacements or add ones?

I'm asking because over at MTS in one of the eye comments I saw something akin to; if you have 2 sets of default replacement eyes then the first loaded takes precedence. And I'm just wondering if that will trigger something?

//
    ETA Also origin has a repair game option when right clicking the game in origin. I'm wondering if that'll force a reedit of eyes, if the game detects something??? Ofc back up what you can before trying.
    edited September 2014

Thank you!!!

Hmm well that was short lived. So back to my question - What version was the eyes - I mean / Default replacements or add ones?

I'm asking because over at MTS in one of the eye comments I saw something akin to; if you have 2 sets of default replacement eyes then the first loaded takes precedence. And I'm just wondering if that will trigger something?

//
    ETA Also origin has a repair game option when right clicking the game in origin. I'm wondering if that'll force a reedit of eyes, if the game detects something??? Ofc back up what you can before trying.

I'm not sure what version they were. They are non-default replacements, and I only have the most recent one that broken all of my eyes.

Also, I tried that last night but it didn't fix anything for me. :(

Thank you!!!

I'm not sure what version they were. They are non-default replacements, and I only have the most recent one that broken all of my eyes.

Do the new eyes use a different color swatch? Because maybe it does and I read each color belongs to one specific color swatch and if new set doesn't have that swatch anymore, then you need to find one that does. But that's like a needle in the haystack.
    Ofc purely speculating, but that sounds logical of what I know - Which is still limited.

Have you tried moving sim over in the demo cas? If that's possible. Might be worth seeing if that triggers something or if you can change something there.
    edited September 2014

Thank you!!!

Do the new eyes use a different color swatch? Because maybe it does and I read each color belongs to one specific color swatch and if new set doesn't have that swatch anymore, then you need to find one that does. But that's like a needle in the haystack.
    Ofc purely speculating, but that sounds logical of what I know - Which is still limited.

Have you tried moving sim over in the demo cas? If that's possible. Might be worth seeing if that triggers something or if you can change something there.

Yep, the new version has all of the color swatches arranged differently.. I'll try using the demo CAS but I doubt it will do anything since I don't have the demo version of the eyes. (it's also going to mess up my outfits :neutral_face:)

Thank you!!!

Yep, the new version has all of the color swatches arranged differently.. I'll try using the demo CAS but I doubt it will do anything since I don't have the demo version of the eyes. (it's also going to mess up my outfits :neutral_face:)

I really really feel you. Make a copy, so if it doesn't work then at least that's not effed up. I'm just "thinking" loud. Maybe something will work or someone will come along that actually knows about it.

Thank you!!!

I really really feel you. Make a copy, so if it doesn't work then at least that's not effed up. I'm just "thinking" loud. Maybe something will work or someone will come along that actually knows about it.

I hope someone does.. trying it in the demo didn't change anything.

Thank you!!!

I hope someone does.. trying it in the demo didn't change anything.

Mmm have you tried downloading a set with loads of colors (because of the swatches) and see if you can switch to them in cas either through replace when clicking new game or through edit sim thingy? Have you tried removing all eye color mods?
    I think I'm just about to throw the towel. Maybe you'll just have to face the possibility that you may have to randomize and then try you best to rebuild the desired look :(

Stupid question, but you did check your recycling bin for the mod?