Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[RELEASE] Decorative Vehicles - Cars, Planes, Trains, etc!

TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Mods
Decorative Vehicles - Add vehicles to your household inventory.

This mod makes it possible to easily add all of those vehicles you see around town to your inventory.
This also works on community/vacant lots but it will spawn the objects on the lot instead, as you cannot access the household inventory on those lots.

omdfUF1.jpg

Install
  1. Open the download and you'll see two files: ReadMe and tmex-vehicles.zip.
  2. Open your Mods folder.
  3. Drag the tmex-vehicles.zip into your Mods folder.
  4. DO NOT UNZIP tmex-vehicles.zip. Leave it zipped.
Note:
If you haven't already loaded script mods, you need to go to Options > Game Options > Other > and check the "Script Mods" box.
Then restart the game.

Usage:
Type in
tm.vehicles
to the cheat console for instructions.
Vehicles will show up in your household inventory or on the lot if it's a community/vacant lot.

NOTE: Use caution when spawning on a community/vacant lot, as objects may spawn outside of the lot area if there is not enough room. Always save before spawning on these lots.

You can specify different sets - valid sets are the following:
  • all
  • cars
  • sportscars
  • trucks
  • trains
  • vans
  • planes
  • boats

Example: Add Trains
tm.vehicles trains

[Download at Sims 4 Cheat Resource]
[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
Post edited by TwistedMexican on

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Sweet! Now I won't feel as silly making a house with a carport!
    HSon1Mq.png
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited September 2014
    That's what I was thinking simfeetunder. My oldest daughter made a house with a carport and thought that would look silly since there are no cars. I'll have tell her about TM's Decorative Vehicles.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    That's what I was thinking simfeetunder. My oldest daughter made a house with a carport and thought that would look silly since there are no cars. I'll have tell her about TM's Decorative Vehicles.

Alternatively, carports make good cookout shelters :stuck_out_tongue:
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I'm a bit confused. How is this different than increasing the size of the model cars and such and placing them on the lot yourself?
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm a bit confused. How is this different than increasing the size of the model cars and such and placing them on the lot yourself?

When you scale it up, you're stretching a texture that wasn't meant to be that big. It's like resizing a picture by 20x. It gets pixelated. These objects are the actual vehicles themselves, so their textures are 1:1 and not distorted.

It also includes the exotic and sports cars you can't get in build/buy mode.

Comparison:
    wGt4zzP.jpg

PufyNLJ.png

• xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Sweet. Good job. Now we need a garage mod! :D
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • AlucardNightroadAlucardNightroad Posts: 13 New Member
    now I have to rethink how I do my blueprints.... thanks :p j/k great mod.

> @xale90 said:
    > Sweet. Good job. Now we need a garage mod! :D

that maybe harder to do if you want a house with a foundation. I would love to see one but it is going to take some creative working to make it work with the different foundations and walls.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member

When you scale it up, you're stretching a texture that wasn't meant to be that big. It's like resizing a picture by 20x. It gets pixelated. These objects are the actual vehicles themselves, so their textures are 1:1 and not distorted.

It also includes the exotic and sports cars you can't get in build/buy mode.

Thank you for specifying!