Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alexander Goth grew up into a female...

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    So during the costume party, I guess good ol' Alexander Goth decided it was time to finally age up. Garbed in his wonderful hot dog costume, the boy went out my front door, disappeared for a few hours, then reappeared as a naked female, bald, teenager. LOL

09-14-14_4-16nbspPM_zpsaadccad5.png
    09-14-14_4-17nbspPM_zpsdaf43963.png

Omg hahaha :D That isn't possible...XD

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited November 2015
    I know someone necro'd this post, but I'm more interested in why her skin texture looks more like the sim from the promo cas and "reimagining" video/demo, than a normal sims 4 skin texture.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I know someone necro'd this post, but I'm more interested in why her skin texture looks more like the sim from the promo cas and "reimagining" video/demo, than a normal sims 4 skin texture.

I was just going to say that. She looks like the Sim model from Sims 4 Studio.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
    0Chloe wrote: »

Yeah! She totally does. It's so odd. Though strangely I like it. Usually when I see that model, it looks a bit odd to me, very lifeless, but in the game it looks interesting.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Haha I appreciate the necro, because otherwise I would have missed this awesome thread. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

Yeah! She totally does. It's so odd. Though strangely I like it. Usually when I see that model, it looks a bit odd to me, very lifeless, but in the game it looks interesting.

Indeed. I like her skin. It seems more detailed in terms of highlights and shadows, especially on her stomach, or is that just me? I can't do a side-by-side comparison at the moment.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Now that you mention it... I like the cheekbones... & the mouth crease fine lines :o

Oh yes & :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Holy Plumb!
    60131606.gif
    edited November 2015

Indeed. I like her skin. It seems more detailed in terms of highlights and shadows, especially on her stomach, or is that just me? I can't do a side-by-side comparison at the moment.

Nope, it's not just you. That's what I noticed as well. It's a lot more detailed. I wonder if there's a way to get that skin detail and use it, it seems like it is in the game. I'd like to see a sim using it with hair in game.
    2m60a6q.jpg

Nope, it's not just you. That's what I noticed as well. It's a lot more detailed. I wonder if there's a way to get that skin detail and use it, it seems like it is in the game. I'd like to see a sim using it with hair in game.

Someone on the Activity feed found an old skin in the files and managed to use it on a Sim in CAS and posted it there. I can't remember who. Sorry to whoever it was if you're reading this, lol. It looked much better than the skins we have now; it even had a shiny bit on their nose for highlight! I wonder if it's that skin.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Hilarious!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I want this to happen in my game.

Someone on the Activity feed found an old skin in the files and managed to use it on a Sim in CAS and posted it there. I can't remember who. Sorry to whoever it was if you're reading this, lol. It looked much better than the skins we have now; it even had a shiny bit on their nose for highlight! I wonder if it's that skin.

Now I want that skin lol. I read months ago that they were going to have mannequin sims with GTW, but changed their mind because it looked too creepy. Fast forward a few months and I heard someone got a glitch where their sim had the mannequin skin texture on. I'd love to get my hands on these skins. I wonder how to get access to them, I never thought about looking for them before.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I've seen everything now!
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I never encountered that one, but I have seen children stretch out and have noodle like legs. They were as tall as the Goth house! (Too bad I don't have any screens/video it was hilarious) Maybe if a basketball is added they could finally play? :blush:
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited November 2015

It was me. ;)

GZvcTQc.png

Full-size: http://i.imgur.com/WfziCMV.png

Oh yeah, and this is what the skins looked like when I saw them. These are unmodified. Sorry that they're so big. :p

c9y4o1i.png
    cFokq0I.png
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
    @pixelssquared did you upload the somewhere for download?
    2m60a6q.jpg
    @Ayumap wrote: »

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyjbv28yyjs4i4s/GCSkin.zip?dl=0

There are a lot of issues with it though. One glaring issue is that these textures still have their eyebrows and underwear painted on. Another issue is that any alpha CC (alpha hair, eyelashes, etc.) will become blocky when you apply this on a Sim. Also, makeup won't show through. Sorry, but I really only used this as a test to see how it looks in-game. Try it for yourself though, :#
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared

There are a lot of issues with it though. One glaring issue is that these textures still have their eyebrows and underwear painted on. Another issue is that any alpha CC (alpha hair, eyelashes, etc.) will become blocky when you apply this on a Sim. Also, makeup won't show through. Sorry, but I really only used this as a test to see how it looks in-game. Try it for yourself though, :#

First of all, thank you! <3 I wonder why it's affecting the hairs. If it's nondefault i wouldn't mind. I just wanna play around with it. :) Ill share pictures.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    edited November 2015

First of all, thank you! <3 I wonder why it's affecting the hairs. If it's nondefault i wouldn't mind. I just wanna play around with it. :) Ill share pictures.

You're welcome! <3 I wonder if it would be possible to ask a SimGuru if they could dig up the old skin textures. Unlikely that it will actually happen, but it's worth a shot.

I remember seeing a really old CAS video back in 2013 and it looked so much better than it does now.

Ah, here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps6swh18Fi4

And I realized I'm going OT... Whoops. :o
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    edited November 2015

You're welcome! <3 I wonder if it would be possible to ask a SimGuru if they could dig up the old skin textures. Unlikely that it will actually happen, but it's worth a shot.

I remember seeing a really old CAS video back in 2013 and it looked so much better than it does now.

Ah, here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps6swh18Fi4

And I realized I'm going OT... Whoops. :o

Well we're in a necro'd thread anyway, I'm surprised it hasn't been closed just for that lol. But we're sorta OT - We're discussing the skin detailing on the now female Alexander. >.> right? And that's exactly the skin texturing I was reminded of (in that video). I'm sure this one could be "fixed" with some time in Photoshop, especially with getting rid of the eyebrows,

Just looking at it even in game, makes me think even more it needs to be edited to be practical.
    Btw, I extracted the dds and uploaded it to a fresh skin detail (forehead crease) because I wasn't sure if it was an issue with an older version of sims4studio that caused makeup not to overlay properly, or if it was the skin detail chosen, or if it was simple just the makeup, but make up does show up on it. She's noticeable darker than any skin tone I choose though (I have many custom ones, so that's affecting her appearance as well.) It's kind of shocking looking at her in the game because of how "painted" she looks lol.

2mnlp39.jpg
    2zdt1fc.jpg

Now I wanna see the mannequin one lol. Thanks again for sharing. xD It's kind of creepy...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Making a separate post, so there aren't two many images in one post. (Sorry).

Just playing with it more was interesting to me!

My Sim as I usually have her:
    vrc9s9.jpg

My Sim with the EA Skin Detail + other Skin details my sim was already using:
    f1mliw.jpg

Removing an SK sims face mask:
    2wq4t35.jpg
    2m60a6q.jpg
    edited November 2015
    @Ayumap - Yeah, I tried getting rid of the eyebrows and underwear, but the areas where I tried to get rid of them became blotchy and uneven.

At first, I also set it as a forehead crease, but I edited to Composition Method (or something like that) to 0. That way, it layers over everything and I can see its full detail. I think that was what caused the issues with alpha hairs and makeup though. But if you don't change the Composition Method, then the skin color of this skin and your Sim's actual skin will blend and become darker.

Another option would be to desaturate this texture completely. Skintones will properly show up on top of this texture for the most part, but I noticed a lot of shading and detail was lost by doing that.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    edited November 2015
    @Ayumap - Yeah, I tried getting rid of the eyebrows and underwear, but it became blotchy and uneven.

At first, I also set it as a forehead crease, but I edited to Composition Method (or something like that) to 0. That way, it layers over everything and I can see its full detail. I think that was what caused the issues with alpha hairs though. But if you don't change the Composition Method, then the skin color of this skin and your Sim's actual skin will blend and become darker.

Another option would be to desaturate this texture completely. Skintones will properly show up on top of this texture for the most part, but I noticed a lot of shading and detail was lost by doing that.

Ah okay, I was reading a bit about that as well in a tutorial post (0,1,2,3, none). Yeah, I can imagine that changing the texture being a lot of work, and it wouldn't be the same for sure, just a lot more practical. If I ever felt the patience to try, I'd do it for some personal use, but being less experienced it would be a project for sure (for me). Was still fun to play with. I don't care for how contoured the bottom of the face is, but I wish their final product had been somewhere in-between this one and the one we have now.

Edit: Thinking it would be easier to just do the face part alone (removing the rest) and use other skin details for the bust, knees, elbows, ect.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @Ayumap Oooo I love the contours :love:<3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif