Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Letter From Mail Box. Can't Read or Place.

Anyone know what this likely is. I collected mail, it showed as new but without the little hand to place it and can't read it.

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I have that too. No idea what it is.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited September 2014
    Try clicking on it a lot of times. Is this mail from a possible pen pal? Cuz this happened to my sim too. And I clicked like crazy and after a few tries, you will get a notification about the mail. And then the mail just got stuck in his inventory and when I started the game again, it was gone. I realized you cannot place it on the world but you can buy a board to pin your mails. I think the board is under 'activities and recreation' in buy mode. I haven't tried that yet, but maybe you could try that? Good luck.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    I don't think it was a post card as I had one of those and pinned it up and was described as such. I did click quite a lot so not sure. A mystery.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    @JBEAR1 Hmm, do you think it's the bills then?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    sassecatsassecat Posts: 24 Member
    I had the same thing in the inventory of one of my sims. The bills arrived, but the family couldn't afford to pay just yet so I had her "Get Mail" anyway, and in her inventory there was a white envelope. After her hubby got home from work I paid the bills, but the envelope never left her inventory. I just assumed it was the bills (bugged to stay in inventory or something), mostly because I don't know what other mail Sia would be getting...
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    This might not be the same subject, but it's possible that it might be related.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/bills-stuck-in-inventory/
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's not a bill.
    I've already posted about it here on the forum and reported on EA answers HQ.
    Here's the post with the pic:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12667834/#Comment_12667834

The envelope that won't budge is the bugged reward you get for collecting all metals.
    If you want to remove it from inventory, just ask pen pals for a few postcards (so game creates a group of these items) and sell whole groups (as the envelope will be in one of them).
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Looks like the same letter but I never collected any metals.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Well I received it exactly when I finished my metal collection.
    I wasn't doing anything else except trying to complete my collection for days.

It is possible something else also gives you the same bugged envelope, if it happens to me, I'll yell. ;)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited October 2014
    I received it, too, and not collecting any metals. I was waiting for postcards, got two, and then the envelope stayed and wouldn't go away no matter what I did. I don't even know if it was supposed to be a bill, as the postcards came on a Tuesday, and the bills are supposed to come on Tuesday as well.
    Ordered another postcard. Still the envelope stayed, even after selling the postcard.
    Moving in another Sim, as Crin suggested, didn't help anything, and neither did traveling.
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    I had one too & I haven't finished any collections. Drove me nuts. It disappeared after purchasing some seed packets on the computer.
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I had one too. I think it's a bugged bill.

I decided to load my earlier game and get the mail again from the box. When I take the mail, I can't do anything with it.

So I decided never to get any mail.