Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No work uniforms mod?

SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
Hey all -

So for me, the biggest issue with The Sims 4 is the lack of career options - and then the career options that we DO have are all so absurdly niche that it's tough for me to find any character types that fit into those careers that I'd like to play. Then when I do come across an idea, I see the horrible work uniforms that basically change the entire character's style into something absurd (if you are a Start-up Entrepreneur, instead of dressing professionally you get piercings, wear glasses, and a hoodie - to go to work - you get pierced to go to work!).

Ideally, there'd be a way to customize the work uniforms - but what might be easier is to have a mod that removes the work uniforms mod, and instead has you go to work in whatever your Everyday clothes are instead.

Is there any chance this mod can be created? I think it would greatly increase my enjoyment from the game!

Comments

• Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Hmm... I havent encountered any work uniforms yet. My sims just wear their normal wear. I have only tried level 2 in entertainment career, level 5 in tech guru and level 3 in the cooking career. (might have translated them poorly since my game is on danish.)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • TakekazeTakekaze Posts: 72 Member
    Chefs eventually get a white cook uniform and then, in the last 2 levels, a black one. Not sure about the others. Chef is the only one I have maxed.
  • EruonenEruonen Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @SilentSpy0 said:
    > Is there any chance this mod can be created?
    Having messed around with the career tunables, I would say it's definitely possible! I'll play around with it now and see if I can't figure it out :)
    It seems possible to alter the outfits as well but as you surmised that's a lot more complex. Not sure if it's possible to make it alterable in-game at all.

Edit: It's definitely possible and not even that hard, though it might be a tad tedious to edit each level of each career. It definitely would conflict with other mods that affect careers too.

Since there's an issue with .package files and tunables currently, I'm going to wait until that's fixed before continuing work on this. If you don't mind working with unpacked mods you can shoot me a PM and tell me exactly what career and which levels you want costume-less.
    Post edited by Eruonen on
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I would like to edit their uniforms in case.
  • MasterDinadanMasterDinadan Posts: 42 Member
    I uploaded something to modthesims yesterday. Hopefully it will be approved and online soon. The mod basically sets it so that sims will globally change into everyday when they go to work, instead of their career outfit. It should affect all careers including custom careers. If modthesims doesn't approve it, I'll have to find somewhere else to host it.