Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Engaged Even Though Finacee Died?

My sim was engaged and his fiancée died. He was dating another sim at the time and I was hoping they could get engaged but the 'Propose' action is grayed out saying 'Your sim is already engaged!'. It hasn't been a full sim day since the fiancée passed but I was curious if this is a glitch or perhaps there was a time period before the option became available. I tried exiting and restarting the game, mourning the loss at the urn, and even releasing the fiancée to the spirit world and it didn't change the status. Is anyone else dealing with this issue? I'd hate to have to start this sim over but I'd like him to be able to get married.

Comments

• cmaycmay Posts: 6 New Member
    In Sims 3 my sim was dating someone who died but it would say that they were still bf and gf so I waited until the ghost showed up in the house and broke up with the ghost.
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    > @cmay said:
    > In Sims 3 my sim was dating someone who died but it would say that they were still bf and gf so I waited until the ghost showed up in the house and broke up with the ghost.

That's hilarious but I'm not 100% sure if ghosts are in TS4. I've never had someone I was dating or engaged to die in any of my previous games so idk if this is a new issue/bug, or just something I've missed over the years..
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    > @luthienrising

Thanks! I'll give that a try :)