We're aware of a problem currently impacting EA and EA Help services. This is also affecting forums log in. We're working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will be using this topic for updates.
UPDATE 28/12/18: I'm back into Simming! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and answering any questions that you may have. Thank you for keeping this challenge alive for the past 4 years. Since toddlers were released Generation 1 has become more difficult, as such I have adjusted the rules.
SIMS 3: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/760184/the-disney-princess-challenge-10-generation-legacy
MY CHALLENGE: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809222/my-disney-legacy-challenge-11-jan?new=1
This challenge is based off of the Disney Princess franchise and movies. Storytellers can follow the original stories or you can just roll with it. Some areas of this challenge ask for gender specific heir/heiresses, this can be easily changed out if you're playing a patriarchy or matriarchy. This challenge follows the original rules of the 10 Generation Legacy - although some rules may vary. If you own a particular expansion pack, then feel free to incorporate this however you would like, ideas will be provided as well with [EPS].
Generation 1: Snow White "I'm wishing for the one I love to find me today"
Founders have humble beginnings, so what's better than Snow White? To start, create Snow White. Storytellers may create her as a teenager and make her evil stepmother, but this is not a requirement. When Snow White becomes a young adult, this story begins.
- Must be female
- Must have 7 children (dwarfs)
- Each child must have one negative trait (e.g Gloomy, Glutton)
- Each child must have the same baby daddy
- Each child must achieve something before their teenage years - this can be reaching level 5 in a toddler skill, reaching level 3 in all toddler skills, completing their childhood aspiration, or becoming an A grade student in school
- Snow may never answer the door to strangers or talk to elderly women
[EPS]: Parenthood - each child must age up with at least one positive character trait. This number can be increased if you're looking for more of a challenge.
Generation 2: Cinderella "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"
Although you had six brothers and sisters, you always did the cooking and cleaning. Yet, somehow you loved it, as it transported you away from your chaotic home life. When Cinderella becomes a teenager, this story begins.
- Must have 'Neat' and 'Foodie' traits
- Must clean the house everyday and cook every meal
- May not marry until mother dies (This does not have to be of old age, but it may not be cheated)
- Have a maximum of 3 children
Generation 3: Tiana "The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work"
Your family has barely accomplished anything over the past two generations, and you're here to change that. This story begins when Tiana becomes a YA.
- Must have 'Ambitious' trait
- Father must die before end of YA
- Must have food Aspiration
- Must marry a Sim with green (This can be hair, eyes, skin etc)
[EPS]: Dine Out - Tiana must own and run her own restaurant
Generation 4: Aurora "I walked with you once upon a dream"
Thanks to your mother's hard work, you have everything you always wanted in life, apart from love. Your father was overprotective of you, and rarely let you out of the house. This story begins when Aurora becomes a YA.
- Must have the 'Lazy' trait.
- May only have 3 or less friends. (Family can count if you wish)
- Must meet future spouse at night while parents are asleep
- Elope (you can run away if you wish)
- Have a maximum of 2 children - (twin girls are preferred if playing Anna or Elsa next)
Generation 5: Anna "We only have each other, it's just you and me"
Your sister locked you away and you never knew why. As toddlers, you were the best of friends but now all you have are dreams. When Anna is a child, this story begins.
- Lose all contact with your sister until YA
- Find love with a criminal
- Experience near death at the hands of your lover
- Find someone new after becoming BFFs with your sister
- Marry, have one child
Generation 6: Rapunzel "You were wrong about the world, and you were wrong about me"
Your mother never trusted you or the outside world. You never knew of her past, and never wanted to. All you ever got was solitude, but that didn't matter. When Rapunzel is a teenager this story begins
- Must have 'Loner' and 'Art Lover' traits
- Must reach at least level 8 painting before YA
- May only ever leave the house for school
- May never have friends until wedding
- Elope - you have no friends anyway, have kids
[EPS]: Parenthood - Rapunzel's parents are strict, but otherwise she tends to be estranged from her families and will sneak out past curfew
Generation 7: Belle "People think I'm odd, so I know how it feels to be different"
You always loved books and visited the library often. You never cared for looks, just beauty within. Everyone wanted you, but you turned them all down. You wanted to chose your own destiny. When Belle becomes a YA, this story begins.
- Must have 'Bookworm' trait
- Date at least 5 men
- Meet the man of your dreams - an ugly Sim
- Marry, have kids
- Your spouse becomes beautiful (Changed in CAS) after first born child
[EPS]: Get to Work - Belle's spouse is different as they are an alien.
Generation 8: Mulan "Could it be, that if I were truly to be myself, I would break my family's heart"
Your parents always wanted you to bring fortune back to the family and marry someone of high status, but you didn't dream of love, you dreamed of glory. When Mulan becomes a YA this story begins
- Must have 'Active' trait
- Must join Astronaut career
- Fall in love with a co-worker once you reach the top of the career choice
- Marry, have kids
[EPS]: Get Famous - Mulan's glory comes in the form of fame, and she quickly rises to fame through her achievements
Generation 9: Jasmine "A whole new world, a hundred thousand things to see"
You hated being rich and living like a princess. You find comfort in Raja, but nowhere else. All your father wants is for you to marry rich, but you want a life without riches. When Jasmine becomes a teenager this story begins.
- Have a best friend (Raja)
- You cannot leave the house unless it is for school
- Must marry a poor street rat
- Lover must be in the criminal career
- Have a maximum of 4 children
[EPS]: Cats and Dogs - Raja must be a pet and reach companions while children
Generation 10: Merida "If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?"
You always wondered why your mother gave up her riches for a poor boy. Your adventures lead you into trouble, and you were nearly always grounded. When Merida becomes a teenager this story begins.
- Have the 'Self Assured' trait
- Lose your siblings and mother in an unfortunate accident
- Seek out a way to change the past but fail
- You do not believe in love - never marry
- You believe you are cursed - never have children
- Grow up alone and regretful
(These last three conditions are only in place because it is the last generation. If you wish to continue afterwards then Merida may marry and have kids)
Generation: Ariel "Someday I'll be part of your world"
You've always loved the water and dreamed of becoming a mermaid. Sadly, this never came true but you did find the man of your dreams, and that was good enough. When Ariel becomes a teenager this story begins.
- Must have a 'Loves the Outdoors' trait
- Must own a pool and swim in it everyday
- Must marry a beautiful Sim with at least one trait the same as your own
- Have kids
[EPS] Island Living - Ariel is a mermaid, adjust the above rules to fit the EP.
Generation: Pocahontas "You think I'm an ignorant savage, you've been so many places, I guess it must be so."
You come from different worlds, yet the love of your life is forbidden by your family. When Pocahontas becomes a teenager this story begins.
-Fall in love with a "different" kind of Sim, (e.g a green or blue Sim)
-Marry that "different" kind of Sim.
-Run away and elope
-Have a maximum of 4 kids
[EPS] Vampires - Pocahontas' different lover could be a Vampire
Generation: Elsa "Yes I'm alone, but I'm alone and free"
Your parents always questioned where your powers came from. You were a quiet type after... the accident. All you wanted was to be alone, unable to harm anyone. When Elsa becomes a teenager, this story begins.
- Must have the 'Loner' trait
- Must not talk to siblings until YA
- Must be different in some way
- Run away as a teenager (Storytellers may have her sister find her and bring her home)
- Never marry and only have one child (it was an accident, you swear by it)
Generation: Moana "One day I'll know, how far I'll go"
You grew up as the heir to a legacy, born to rule over others; however you want to explore and see the world. You know your choices make you who you are and you hope that one day they will show you the world. When Moana becomes a teenager, this story begins.
- Must have the the 'Loves the Outdoors' trait.
- Must have 'Curator' aspiration
- Must have a close relationship with her Grandmother (who dies before Moana becomes a YA)
- Run away from home and meet Maui and become BBFs with him.
- Marry and have children
[EPS]: Jungle Adventure - Moana must explore Selvadorada while running away from home
(If after any generation you wish to end the challenge, you may not have kids. It is entirely up to you. I go by the motto that it's your game, play how you want to play)