Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating a Grim Reaper Character in Sims 4

I wanted the Grim Reaper as an interactive character and found a way to create a character to play the part from this YouTube Sims 4 video. Of course, I gave him personality traits as close to being Death as I could get. I'm not allowed to post links yet so copy and paste this into the YouTube search engine and you can get a Grim Reaper to move in with your household:

The Sims 4: Grim Reaper! - Let's play The Sims 4 (Episode 1)

Comments

• InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I have already said myself, Grimmy needs to be a playable sim. He needs his own little reaper family with his own undead pets all without having to cheat to get it to happen.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    This is the closest I've gotten so far. I don't want him to kill anyone...yet
    > @InannaWintermoon said:
    > I have already said myself, Grimmy needs to be a playable sim. He needs his own little reaper family with his own undead pets all without having to cheat to get it to happen.

MY RESPONSE:

Now there's a thought. Create a Grim Repess wife for him and Grim Reekid. I wonder if that's possible. Instead of the Munsters you can call them The Grimsters B)
    Or maybe the Reapsters
    I didn't want him around all the time so I gave the Grim Reaper a career as...a secret agent
  • dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    I have the real Grim Reaper in my family. He is a playable sim now.

hv2b7o.png
    2rxu2ph.png
    In Sims 4? How did you do it?
    edited September 2014
    JSitala_28 wrote: »
    In Sims 4? How did you do it?

Put two sims in a house (one keeper and one throw-away). Kill the throw-away and when Grim comes wait until he has reaped the soul, then pause the game, open the cheat window and type testingcheats true and then shift/click on Grim and select 'add to family'.

Warning: May cause glitchiness. It hasn't caused any problems for me but another simmer said it messed with his game. Backup your saves before trying this.

I don't suggest doing this in a save where you are invested in a family. I would suggest starting a new save.

2rxu2ph.png
    I couldn't figure out how to kill someone in Sims 4. How do you do that?
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    I have the real Grim Reaper in my family. He is a playable sim now.

hv2b7o.png

Even death has more moves than me...
    I couldn't figure out how to kill someone in Sims 4. How do you do that?

I was going to kill him with fire but then my cowplant took over and did the deed for me......

2w2ep2c.png
    2rxu2ph.png
    How many different ways are there to kill Sims 4 characters and how exactly do you do it? I'm new at this
    How many different ways are there to kill Sims 4 characters and how exactly do you do it? I'm new at this

Take one of your playable sims and lock them in a room with no door. Leave them there until they starve to death (about 4 sim days). Make sure there is nothing in their inventory that they can eat. The other ways of killing a sim are more difficult to achieve. They can die from fire, woohoo, laughing, embarrassment, anger, cowplant and old age. There may be other ways that I am not aware of.

2rxu2ph.png
    > @dark5id3 said:
    > JSitala_28 wrote: »
    >
    > In Sims 4? How did you do it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Put two sims in a house (one keeper and one throw-away). Kill the throw-away and when Grim comes wait until he has reaped the soul, then pause the game, open the cheat window and type testingcheats true and then shift/click on Grim and select 'add to family'.
    >
    > Warning: May cause glitchiness. It hasn't caused any problems for me but another simmer said it messed with his game. Backup your saves before trying this.
    >
    > I don't suggest doing this in a save where you are invested in a family. I would suggest starting a new save.

MY RESPONSE:

I was able to follow your instructions as I allowed a Sims character to burn to death at the park. Thanks!
    > @dark5id3 said:<br />
    > JSitala_28 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > In Sims 4? How did you do it?<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Put two sims in a house (one keeper and one throw-away). Kill the throw-away and when Grim comes wait until he has reaped the soul, then pause the game, open the cheat window and type testingcheats true and then shift/click on Grim and select 'add to family'.<br />
    > <br />
    > Warning: May cause glitchiness. It hasn't caused any problems for me but another simmer said it messed with his game. Backup your saves before trying this.<br />
    > <br />
    > I don't suggest doing this in a save where you are invested in a family. I would suggest starting a new save.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    MY RESPONSE:<br />
    <br />
    I was able to follow your instructions as I allowed a Sims character to burn to death at the park. Thanks!

Yay! Does that mean you also got Grim into your family?

2rxu2ph.png
    edited September 2014
    Yeah! Thanks to you I was able to get grim as a part of the family. At the house all he seems to want to do is take a shower. I could be wrong, but I don't think Death is going to get hungry.

I started thinking that Death was wasting so much water then I stopped...and chuckled. Silly me!

I've got Death cleaning the bathtub. I think I'm going to have to install a separate shower
    Yeah! Thanks to you I was able to get grim as a part of the family. At the house all he seems to want to do is take a shower. I could be wrong, but I don't think Death is going to get hungry. <br />
    <br />
    I started thinking that Death was wasting so much water then I stopped...and chuckled. Silly me!<br />
    <br />
    I've got Death cleaning the bathtub. I think I'm going to have to install a separate shower

The only needs of his that go down are fun and social. He doesn't need to eat or sleep or anything else. Have fun with him :)

2rxu2ph.png
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Only problem is, Reaper in your family doesnt do much, You cant woohoo him at all, and hes a very grouchy person
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
    edited September 2014
    ROMIRE wrote: »
    Only problem is, Reaper in your family doesnt do much, You cant woohoo him at all, and hes a very grouchy person

@ROMIRE My Grim isn't grouchy. And he likes to keep the house clean. He does everything a regular sim does except woohoo.

2rxu2ph.png
    I have a problem. When reaper is using the bathtub no one wants to use the toilet because they act as though it stinks too much. Is there some way to fix this?
    I have a problem. When reaper is using the bathtub no one wants to use the toilet because they act as though it stinks too much. Is there some way to fix this?

Are they wanting to use the toilet when Grim is taking a bath? If so, it is a privacy thing.....they won't go in because someone else is bathing. Maybe give Grim his own bathroom.

2rxu2ph.png
    I'm going to need to move to a bigger lot to do that. How do I move my house to a bigger lot?
  • Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    > @JSitala_28 said:
    > I'm going to need to move to a bigger lot to do that. How do I move my house to a bigger lot?

You mean how to move your household? Just click on your sims phone and select "move"
    Are you saying I can't move the house. I have to move the entire household to a bigger house?
  • Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    > @JSitala_28 said:
    > Are you saying I can't move the house. I have to move the entire household to a bigger house?

You can save the house to the gallery and then move to a bigger lot and place it down that way.