Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim's friend is permanently burned??

So my Sims are friends with the Goodfellows and Dahlia has been scorched in her bra and underwear since day one and no matter how many times we invite her to events where she should be changing her clothes she remains burned and in the same outfit. One time I even tried "resetSim" on her and it reset her alright but she was STILL burned. Does anyone know what this is about or how to fix it? O.o

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I had the same problem too, but it with my sims teenage daughter's boyfriend, Mortimer Goth. Somehow she set him on fire (I think it was through magic) and he ended up getting scorched. Every time we saw him after that, he was still burned and in his underwear. He looked ridiculous, and since I couldn't fix him and it was starting to annoy me, I had her break up with him. She's a young adult now and I haven't seen Mortimer since they broke up, so I have no idea if he still looks like that (I sure hope not, since he's a YA now, too. It would be awful if the scorching carried over into other life stages.)
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Luckily that has never happened to any of my sims' friends. But I've noticed that townies stay torched once they've burned. I think you could try two things: first try the edit in CAS cheat. If that doesn't help, you could just temporarily merge her to your family and make her shower and then merge her back into her own family.

Which made me think... would it help if you invited her to a pool with you? I don't know, but it actually might.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• allisoniraheta10allisoniraheta10 Posts: 43 Member
    Oh my gosh that's so funny that was the exact idea I told my girlfriend-- the one about taking her to the pool. I think I'm going to try that. If not, I'll try the other thing you suggested. Thanks :)
  • allisoniraheta10allisoniraheta10 Posts: 43 Member
    I figured it out. I just switched to her household and had her change clothes and deleted the "singed" moodlet that she was stuck with. She's fine now.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Nice to hear it worked out :) I myself am such a control freak with the family I'm playing, I would never even temporarily change to another household during my game...
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Yeah, the singed moodlet stops all clothes changing, and is only removed upon a shower or bath. as funny as it is to have a meteor fall and singe half the towm, it gets a bit old when a few years down the line, everyone is still walking around in charred underwear.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • MorgenSterMorgenSter Posts: 22 Member
    This is happening to my sim. She was burnt in a fire and then got all dirty and burned. I had her have a shower and she still remained scorched. I had her change outfits, they all get scorched looking too. I had her have more showers, nothing changes. Her humor is now good, no more burned moodlet. I don't know what to do :/
  • SimfromCroatiaSimfromCroatia Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the solution.But this does require cheats...So you click ctrl+shift+c then testingcheats true then shift+right click on the burned sim then modify in CAS after you enter CAS get out of CAS.After that your sim should be back to normal.It worked for me.
  • SimfromCroatiaSimfromCroatia Posts: 2 New Member
    Im sorry it is left click