Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Grass! Ugh...

TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
There just had to be one thing I could not stand! The grass looks muddled and has no texture. It looks painted on.I have been playing on my friends computer which is a laptop. I hope to gawd it looks much nicer on my powerful desktop.

The good thing is ive seen pictures where it looks better :D

Comments

• TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    This is how the grass was made in Sims 4.
    painting-grass-green.jpg
    Yes except that grass looks a lot better because it has texture.
    I love grass in real life, a beautiful lawn is a thing of beauty! So im really particular about my grass! :)
  • Mondain38Mondain38 Posts: 235 Member
    If they had made "The sims 4" as a native 64-bit game, then they not only could have given grass texture; they also could have given it a THIRD DIMENSION! Even "Final Fantasy 13-2" has 3-D grass blades in its fields! Of course, 3-D grass could also make lawn-mowing necessary for our Sims...
  • EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    I don't mind it, hmm I'm sure there'll be mods to improve it though :D
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    It's not a mega issue to me personally - rather the stuff that HAS details has it than worrying over the grass for now >.>
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EGYPT87771 wrote: »
    I don't mind it, hmm I'm sure there'll be mods to improve it though :D
    REALLY?! It's one of the worst looking grass I ever seen. It's like they literally gave up and just said throw green paint on it...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    why is grass an issue
    i'm fine with normal painted on grass as long as it makes my game run smoother
    it even has some texture in it
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    why is grass an issue
    No no you shouldn't say you want lower resolution grass just so the game can run smoother. Things should look great all around. The grass is a big deal since there's plenty of it everywhere. Who wants to look at painted ground while playing...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I agree- the grass looks terrible even in the Ultra pictures.

It should be tied to graphics cards and lowered if needed- like all the rest of the games. It's made flat across the boards, which is sad. :(
  • VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    There are several types of grass textures ... use them!
    ... jinkies oO
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    I do like the Sims 4 but to me there are hardly any textures in the game. I love textures. However, I have my sims on the highest setting graphic wise and their clothes have a lot of texture, while everything else in my game is on the standard setting. Maybe that has something to do with it.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Lightests wrote: »
    why is grass an issue
    No no you shouldn't say you want lower resolution grass just so the game can run smoother. Things should look great all around. The grass is a big deal since there's plenty of it everywhere. Who wants to look at painted ground while playing...

i dunno
    i just dont care about grass
    give me more features over better grass :3
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'd like to see a modder make a world grass replacement so it isn't just the grass on a lot that is changed to a more textured terrain.
    There are several types of grass textures ... use them!
    They all suck
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    The grass does look pretty bad.

And it can't all be about performance. There are games with lower specs that have better grass and environments. Bad is bad.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

The grass in The Sims 4 is so much better than the Sims 3 though. Don't rely on the default grass.

The+Sims+3+Seasons+pc+gameplay+(2).jpg

65269fd0b85aa98a2c2072aa295bb3c769d810553ff2b564303d45891f40aea7_large
    edited September 2014
    Also, you can plant 3D grass around your lot if you want more realism (probably best in patches rather than all over).

cowplant-cake.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The grass in TS4 is at best fuzzy wuzzy. It's the art style you won't be seeing textures of it any time soon. I think people really have to love the cartoony art style to enjoy looking at the grass and that cow plant. It's just so um...fuzzy wuzzy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The grass in TS4 is at best fuzzy wuzzy. It's the art style you won't be seeing textures of it any time soon. I think people really have to love the cartoony art style to enjoy looking at the grass and that cow plant. It's just so um...fuzzy wuzzy.

Well the grass in TS3 is blurry wurry up close. lmao
    The last time we had good grass textures that weren't mods was The Sims 2. The Sims 3 had more texture but it looks blurry nearly all the time even on Ultra Settings.

Even The Sims 3 official screenshots have blurry as grass lmao.
    http://www.ea.com/au/the-sims-3-seasons/images/ea3da9fc47ad8310VgnVCM1000001065140aRCRD

People will just have to use mods like in The Sims 3. At least The Sims 4 offers 3D grass at least.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I like how the grass looks in TS4 and it really suits the art style they have going now - but at a glance it is less detailed than TS3. So yeah, it's just really a matter of aesthetic preference IMO. Something like a more simplified art style doesn't bother me but for others it's just not their cup of tea.
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The grass in The Sims 4 is so much better than the Sims 3 though. Don't rely on the default grass.

The+Sims+3+Seasons+pc+gameplay+(2).jpg

Yeah, my TS3 grass doesn't look like that though, It looks much more detailed, crispy & sharp.
    And It looks better than the Wii grass we have in TS4 :p
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    I don't like the grass either, it looks like an oil painting or something, so muddy/watery
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I agree FatCat, It depends on the video card what the TS3 textures look like in game. In TS4 it's going to be the same for everyone due to the art style. I would always be wanting to increase textures so I can see them better but it wouldn't matter in the TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.