Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lags not from overpopulation

Been testing, the population has dropped, something else is causing it, probably a memory leak or something. LOL!
Thats what caused skyrim to crash a lot in the first place. XD

I thought it was overpop but I was wrong... :<
If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here

Comments

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I know if you play too long without clearing out your cache that the game begins to slow down a bit and lag... Once you clear it out it usually goes back to normal. Or atleast for me and a few others...
  • Options
    I see, which cache files shall I remove?
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    LittledollLittledoll Posts: 48 New Member
    AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Littledoll wrote: »
    AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!
    If not, have fun playing in your ghost town...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Not hard reapplying. :D
  • Options
    LittledollLittledoll Posts: 48 New Member
    > @EasyToRead said:
    > Littledoll wrote: »
    >
    > AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!
    >
    >
    >
    > If not, have fun playing in your ghost town...

That is why you have flirty poops. BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME FO DAT!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    @Bflury and @kirby356 you guys are smart.... which cache file is it again im thinking it is the dcbackup but I'm not too certain..
  • Options
    ok, thanks anyways. :o
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2014
    munchie885 wrote: »
    @Bflury and @kirby356 you guys are smart.... which cache file is it again im thinking it is the dcbackup but I'm not too certain..
    Yes, that is the folder but its for Sims 3. Additional recommendations were:
    • Clearing out the featureditems folders
    • Playing without mods and CC
    • Deleting all snapshots
    • Resetting sims (using the cheat)
    Be careful screwing with these files (make a backup of your save files)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Noted.
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I was having game lag a lot when I was connected online. But when I disabled online access to the game in the options I no longer experience lag. I think there is a bug with the gallery and online connection while playing.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Lag in The Sims? That's new!
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    edited September 2014
    bflury wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Yes, that is the folder but its for Sims 3. Additional recommendations were:
    • Clearing out the featureditems folders
    • Playing without mods and CC
    • Deleting all snapshots
    • Resetting sims (using the cheat)
    Be careful screwing with these files (make a backup of your save files)
    Are you talking about sims 3 or 4? Because I have no featured items in my ts4 file. And how do you reset sims in ts4?
    ETA: Nvm, I see you were talking about ts3. Does anyone know of the files that can be safely deleted in the ts4 file?

Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Options
    TsutaTsuta Posts: 63 Member
    Are you talking about sims 3 or 4? Because I have no featured items in my ts4 file. And how do you reset sims in ts4?
    ETA: Nvm, I see you were talking about ts3. Does anyone know of the files that can be safely deleted in the ts4 file?

Completely offtopic, but I love the pic in your sig.
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    Thnx :)
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg