Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[RELEASE][V2] Build/Buy Unlock - Unlocks Rooms, Objects, and Works on Community Lots!

Comments

• Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    Thanks so much for this awesome mod @TwistedMexican! Is there a way to unlock the objects on a venue? I could use so many of those items on my science center.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this awesome mod @TwistedMexican! Is there a way to unlock the objects on a venue? I could use so many of those items on my science center.

I hope to have this by this evening. The issue is the game assumes there's no way for a lot without a sim on it to have career unlocks, so I'll have to emulate an "empty" household to store the unlock data.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    aktex wrote: »

Yes, being able to use these items on a community lot would be awesome. Even if not, you did a great job.
  • Options
    Chris61Chris61 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you so very much. I was really upset over this on. I have played the Sims since #1 and felt cheated to have to work for something I felt I already paid for.
  • Options
    Chris61 wrote: »
    Thank you so very much. I was really upset over this on. I have played the Sims since #1 and felt cheated to have to work for something I felt I already paid for.

I get what they're trying to do, they're trying to give you objectives and honestly I find them great - when that's how I want to play. I just find it upsetting they didn't think to add a "Sandbox Mode" toggle considering how many different ways there are to play the sims. Some people just want to make amazing lots, and not necessarily live in them.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• Options
    skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    Hmm I must be doing something really silly as am so close but still not got it lol Its downloaded, its in the mods folder and the message about mods does come up when going to play. Ive changed the game settings to enabled and restarted. Game back on - done the testingcheats true then Entered tm.unlockall and it shows the ''unlocking'' all items unlocked etc but when I go to the actual items, still have the lock icon and they are still locked. It has to be something stupid im doing but cant work out what lol
  • Options
    Rooms are unlocked. I'm going to try to get it working on a community lot but at the very least the rooms will be coming tonight.

• Options
    skyeuk05 wrote: »
    Hmm I must be doing something really silly as am so close but still not got it lol Its downloaded, its in the mods folder and the message about mods does come up when going to play. Ive changed the game settings to enabled and restarted. Game back on - done the testingcheats true then Entered tm.unlockall and it shows the ''unlocking'' all items unlocked etc but when I go to the actual items, still have the lock icon and they are still locked. It has to be something stupid im doing but cant work out what lol

If you were already in build buy mode, switch to live mode then switch back.

• Options
    will give it a go :) thank you!!
  • Options
    Got it, thank you sooo much TwistedMexican
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Rooms are unlocked. I'm going to try to get it working on a community lot but at the very least the rooms will be coming tonight.

oh okay cool should I re download the zip file again replace it? TY

• Options
    edited September 2014

oh okay cool should I re download the zip file again replace it? TY

I haven't updated it yet, trying to get community lots turned on as well. Once I have, yes - you'll replace it.

• Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    I have a question, not sure it's bug or not ..I been banging my head pass 5 days trying to find Tilapia fish ,can that fish be spawn or what.. whats the secret
  • Options
    I have a question, not sure it's bug or not ..I been banging my head pass 5 days trying to find Tilapia fish ,can that fish be spawn or what.. whats the secret

As far as I know, tilapia fish isn't an object available in build/buy?

• Options
    I thought tilapia was suppose to be fish from ponds
  • Options
    I thought tilapia was suppose to be fish from ponds

Right that's why I'm confused since you posted to my Build/Buy unlock thread?

• Options
    Just wounding if possible to spawn it ?
  • Options

ah, okay.

You can try one of these, not sure though:
    0x0000AF72
    0x0000AF72
    0x0000B291

• Options

ah, okay.

You can try one of these, not sure though:
    0x0000AF72
    0x0000AF72
    0x0000B291

thanks, top works :P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Version 2.0 is up, room unlocks and community lots are both working.

Replace the tmex-unlock.zip in your mods folder with the new one. I'v updated my original post.

I will work on the CAS unlocks as a separate mod, since they aren't part of Build/Buy mode.

• Options
    YuraraYurara Posts: 195 Member
    Version 2.0 is up, room unlocks and community lots are both working.

Replace the tmex-unlock.zip in your mods folder with the new one. I'v updated my original post.

I will work on the CAS unlocks as a separate mod, since they aren't part of Build/Buy mode.

Thank you so much for the help :D

433970o8lcd5hrbz.gif194904olsgis3xqe.gif433965qzur0la2nd.gif550470opln9i59wi.gif513122fxkl98buqt.gif

• Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks so much for the update TM! You're awesome! Getting ready to start up my game. 5 of my households got to level 10 in the Chef branch in the Culinary career and should have gotten that Commercial Kitchen. It'll be nice to get to unlock that with your mod. EA should fix it though since it should unlock when your sim gets to level 10 of the chef branch. Hope the CAS part won't be a problem for you. Looking forward for that one too.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the update TM! You're awesome! Getting ready to start up my game. 5 of my households got to level 10 in the Chef branch in the Culinary career and should have gotten that Commercial Kitchen. It'll be nice to get to unlock that with your mod. EA should fix it though since it should unlock when your sim gets to level 10 of the chef branch. Hope the CAS part won't be a problem for you. Looking forward for that one too.

I agree. Also if you don't want to unlock everything for that household you could try the careers.demote Culinary cheat and then promote. Maybe it'll give it to you the second time?

• Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're so helpful!
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    TM, before your mod, I did try to demote and promote and no matter what I did, that Commercial Kitchen wouldn't unlock like it's suppose to. CyberOps started a bug thread about it not unlocking and I said something to SimGuruGraham and no replies. However, with your Version 2, I was able to unlock it. I sure didn't want to wait forever for a fix from EA.