Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game is Starting to Glitch Out...

The loading screens are taking increasingly longer to pass each time I travel, of my two teenage twins, one seems to be stuck in a constant conversation with his Father (the conversation bar at the top WILL not go away) and the other way is seemingly carrying out the 'celebrate' action from his Birthday cake even though he aged up a week ago. :( Oh, and to top it off, since the most recent patch the '4 speed' no longer works.
tFU6JMe.png

Comments

• Black_Widow90Black_Widow90 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Moodbeamy said:
    > The loading screens are taking increasingly longer to pass each time I travel, of my two teenage twins, one seems to be stuck in a constant conversation with his Father (the conversation bar at the top WILL not go away) and the other way is seemingly carrying out the 'celebrate' action from his Birthday cake even though he aged up a week ago. :( Oh, and to top it off, since the most recent patch the '4 speed' no longer works.

My sims also seem to be stuck in a constant conversation....not that they actually ARE stuck in conversation but as you mentioned, the conservation bar at the top doesn't go away now =/
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    ive had that stuck convo bar problem too :\
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Iv'e heard about the loading issue from others. The rest I hadn't heard before. It's to bad the guru's won't be back here till Monday. If you have a twitter you can touch base with them there though, to let them know about the glitches your having.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The Sims 4: Brought to you by the ones that made TS3, enjoy!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Iv'e heard about the loading issue from others. The rest I hadn't heard before. It's to bad the guru's won't be back here till Monday. If you have a twitter you can touch base with them there though, to let them know about the glitches your having.

I don't have Twitter and I won't get a chance to ask Grant in his thread until next Thursday because I'm at work during that particular hour most days. There are a few other things which are concerning me which I want to mention in there so I'll add these issues to the list too. It's quite worrying because I was hoping most of the bugs had been ironed out.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited September 2014
    The loading screens getting longer was basically a given. Other than that, these people 'made' sims 3, it isn't looking good for Sims 4 either :P
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited September 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

I don't have Twitter and I won't get a chance to ask Grant in his thread until next Thursday because I'm at work during that particular hour most days. There are a few other things which are concerning me which I want to mention in there so I'll add these issues to the list too. It's quite worrying because I was hoping most of the bugs had been ironed out.

Thats to bad. Unfortunatly there are new bugs posted all the time. I think it's gonna take them a while to iron all this out.

Edit: If you want to report your problems before Thursday, you could PM Grant, or leave a message on his wall. He does read them.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    The loading screens getting longer was basically a give. Other than that, these people 'made' sims 3, it isn't looking good for Sims 4 either :P

I didn't really expect them to start increasing until I started adding more content. There's no real story progression in TS4, there's nothing that should be building up (I'm looking at you TS3 memories!!!) which should cause the loading screens to increase in this way.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    The loading screens getting longer was basically a give. Other than that, these people 'made' sims 3, it isn't looking good for Sims 4 either :P

I didn't really expect them to start increasing until I started adding more content. There's no real story progression in TS4, there's nothing that should be building up (I'm looking at you TS3 memories!!!) which should cause the loading screens to increase in this way.

Going on The sims 2, I believe the time increased as your save file got bigger. The again, this is EA and they have history of making the game just ruin itself lol. I never use memories anymore :/ Nice feature but every sim doesn't have to remember every time they ate a hot-dog.O
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    The 4 speed never was in TS4.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Loading screens are def getting longer,and the game has started to hang/judder on occasion, sometimes resulting in the sims coming out of animation to all be standing in a neutral position. I knew there would be issues but no way did I expect to see deterioration issues at this stage!
  • VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    I noticed the longer loading screens as well.Mine used to be under 30 seconds now I would say closer if not longer than a minute and I haven't added anything to the game.
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    Each patch is making the game worse for me. It's really frustrating.
  • Eef97Eef97 Posts: 325 Member
    I had the conversation stuck at top as well even though they weren't talking. I just loaded up a previous save to get rid of it. Hopefully, it along with disappearing Sims will be fixed very soon.
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    I've heard that traveling to another location can fix the conversation bar glitch.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    Patches known to break more then they fix, but honestly I'd post the issues in the tech part maybe someone has a solution for these issues.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    I had the relationship bar stuck at the top of my screen too. Extremely annoying.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I've had the green "skill bar" stay stuck at the top of my Sims' heads forever, until I did the reset Sim cheat. (You know, the green skill bar above their heads that goes up when they're learning a skill.) The reset Sim cheat worked for it, though. It's where you bring up the cheat bar by typing Cntl+Shift+C, then type in "testingcheats true," then type in "resetsim firstname lastname."
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2014
    The male sim in my family keeps the "at work" mode after he gets home from work. He's greyed out so I can't open up his needs,inventory etc etc. So 10-20 simminutes before he gets out from work I "leave early", I have to do that every single time he's working. But that means I have to look at the clock all the time so I don't miss it -.-
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

The loading time was a problem for some people in Sims 2 as well I think across the series loading time was and will always be a problem. EA/Maxis never fixed the loading times in Sims 2 or 3 and it probably could not be fixed.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Thats to bad. Unfortunatly there are new bugs posted all the time. I think it's gonna take them a while to iron all this out.

Edit: If you want to report your problems before Thursday, you could PM Grant, or leave a message on his wall. He does read them.

Also check Crinrict's bug thread which is stickied at the top; it actually links to the bug thread over at EA Help, and I think the Gurus and tech folks are checking there frequently.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    The convo bar is stuck with mine too and it is the convo bar with the grim reaper lol. Its really annoying because it takes up a lot of space. It looks like this game has a lot more glitched than initially thought. So much for cutting everything out to make a more stable game :-/.
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    Stability is relative to coding and the games foundation. (engine)
    Post edited by InannaWintermoon on
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member

My loading screens are also getting longer, and sometimes when I open the game I have to exit back to main screen and start again to get the loading music to stop. I only get to play for a couple of hours a day, if that, and I only play one family. I do have some of my other sims in the other houses, and they're friends with the family I play. I don't know if that has anything to do with it though.

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg