Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

C'mon, 'fess up!

KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
Okay, admit it--when you're out and about, you totally look at houses and think, 'I know how I could make that roof line/chimney/porch/etc. in The Sims!'

Surely I can't be the only one who looks at houses from a totally different perspective as a result of playing this game franchise for years. ;)
Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

Comments

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I see a lot of houses while riding the train to class every day but there is this one house in particular that I think is really cute and would make a great family home. I started building it last night. ^.^ I love looking up houses online and trying to re-create them!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    KaylyRed wrote: »
    Okay, admit it--when you're out and about, you totally look at houses and think, 'I know how I could make that roof line/chimney/porch/etc. in The Sims!'

Surely I can't be the only one who looks at houses from a totally different perspective as a result of playing this game franchise for years. ;)

I look for modern/cottage types, but I live in an area where it's all repetitive townhomes :'(
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Veriona wrote: »
    KaylyRed wrote: »

I look for modern/cottage types, but I live in an area where it's all repetitive townhomes :'(

Aw, that's a bummer. I happen to live in an area where there are some really pretty homes. Maybe looking at house plans and pictures online would make for good inspiration. :(

Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Yup...I do it all the time. I love to look at houses! I have been known to tell my husband to slow down and go back past an interesting house so I can snap a picture to try to build later. Luckily, he was a real estate agent at one point and loves looking at houses too.

And...more than once I have been with my daughters at the mall or whatever, and one of them will whisper..."that guy over there totally looks like a sim" And the other one will say " yeah I could make him so easily" LOL :)
  • MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    I do that all the time. I live just a few minutes away from a beach community with some very gorgeous houses that have intricate designs. I wish I could get pictures of them so that I can try my hand at making them, but traffic never allows for the time.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    > @KaylyRed said:
    > Okay, admit it--when you're out and about, you totally look at houses and think, 'I know how I could make that roof line/chimney/porch/etc. in The Sims!'
    >
    > Surely I can't be the only one who looks at houses from a totally different perspective as a result of playing this game franchise for years. ;)

Yes, absolutely!

Not only when noticing the exterior; but also when walking through a lovely or interesting home, my brain remembers the floor plan easily. So, I look to those memories when laying out Sims’ homes. :)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    OMG yesss! I totally do this! I also just pay close attention to materials/colors/styles/decorative touches.. ect. I actually want to go into interior design or architecture in RL.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Before building again in the Sims 4, I didn't. Now that I'm building in Sims 4. I do. :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    I just started sims 4 yesterday ...first sims game i ever played... my first house... well i restarted the game it was sooo bad
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    GnomeZen wrote: »
    I just started sims 4 yesterday ...first sims game i ever played... my first house... well i restarted the game it was sooo bad

Never fear, you'll get better! My first houses in each version of the Sims looked pretty rough, too. But I think it's almost more difficult to make an ugly house in TS4 because the tools are so good. I bet you're just being too hard on yourself. ;)