Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simulation Tech Talk

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited September 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Please do not spread false rumors. I have never said that. I cannot be replying to this thread if you're going to misquote me like that.

Please don't punish everyone for the misquoting by one person. Just put the wrongdoer on moderated status for a while. This is why I was suggesting to SGDrake that she makes a seperate section for player-guru interaction so that the permissions for the section can be handled seperately.

I know what you are saying but the simmer that made the mistake English is not their first language. They really didn't mean to say anything wrong. @SimGuruDrake

But I 100% agree, it would be so sad if @SimGuruEugi was to stop answering questions.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Please do not spread false rumors. I have never said that. I cannot be replying to this thread if you're going to misquote me like that.

Please don't punish everyone for the misquoting by one person. Just put the wrongdoer on moderated status for a while. This is why I was suggesting to SGDrake that she makes a seperate section for player-guru interaction so that the permissions for the section can be handled seperately.

I know what you are saying but the simmer that made the mistake English is not their first language. They really didn't mean to say anything wrong.

But I 100% agree, it would be so sad if @SimGuruEugi was to stop answering questions.

Yeah I know he didn't mean it. I think some of the gurus are really upset at the moment though, so we need to be sensitive to that.
  • SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    I have question for you,two... @SimGuruEugi :smile::smile:
    1. i see there r building r high is evry flor of building have apartment r one apartment on first,second on 3,next apartment on fifth flor? how meny apartment per building?
    2. can we expect in future more worlds in som free patch like newcrest with buildings like in Sanmyshino?
    3. can we expect in future more public spaces like now thouse parks and streets in Sanmyshino with lot to do without loading screens?
    4. and if we now allow som roommate to move in with our sim in one apartment is he r she separate on some way
    from our sim r just like now when we add new household from galery to our household? for examle?
    Thank you for answer!

Apartment buildings have between two to four apartments. All of the playable apartments for a building are on a single floor.

The area around lots can be accessed without loading screens. It exists in other worlds as well, but it is especially large in San Myshuno.

We did not change the way households are managed. If you move your Sims in with a rommate, in the same household, they'll become playable.
    richieassy wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi how is it possible to apply for a manager position for instance? (sorry for spamming here)

http://careers.ea.com/
    I assume that I'm not getting an answer because I hit the bulls eye, but maxis can't really say "yeah you're right. We're giving you set-dressed lots instead of apartments."

What are you not getting an answer to? I might have missed some of the comments.
    and sorry one more question
    r thouse careers active r just professions? @SimGuruEugi

I think there is going to be more information released soon about all the new careers :)
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi thank you for taking the time to answer some questions! :)

#1: will there be any cheats to add festivals to existing neighborhoods? (There is a lot of blank space in some of them that could be put to good use!)

#2: any chance we might get some neighborhood editing tools? For example, to swap or move trees, add trash cans, delete picnic tables, add basketball courts or play equipment?

The festivals are specific to San Myshuno, so I don't think they'd work in other worlds.

There are no new editing tools, but you can do everything you can do in other worlds. So you can freely build on any lot, including apartments and penthouses, from Manage Worlds.
    @SimGuruEugi Will elevators be a build object we can use in lots in other worlds?

The elevators require an apartment shell to work properly. I do not believe they are available in the catalog.
    edited September 2016
    Apparently it should be possible to mod an elevator based on an existing door type (not from the CL elevators), once one of us has unravelled the python to do it :D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruEugi for taking the time to answer our questions. Im looking forward to the pack!
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    *Happy dance* SimGuruEugi's here

I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    @SimGuruEugi Will elevators be a build object we can use in lots in other worlds?

The elevators require an apartment shell to work properly. I do not believe they are available in the catalog.

Thanks for replying. This is the first EP that I am actually quite interested in. So far it looks great. I love the leaky pipes and the diverse neighbours.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    @SimGuruEugi hi! First of all I wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

I'd like to know something: do you think it would be possible (at least in theory) to give us more options for "away actions" (i.e. What our sims do off screen while another sim is visiting a community lot)? I think one of the biggest problems with loading screens is not the loading screens themselves but the fact that if eg you have a family of 4 (parents and 2 children) and decide to visit a community lot with the parents, the children who are left behind can't do anything meaningful such as homework or sleep. I know they can skill up and work on some of their relationships, and they can sleep if they are tending to their needs but it would be nice to have more control over what they do, so that when the other sims come back home they find them sleeping or doing whatever we chose to.

Another simmer explained it better than me:
    Felicity wrote: »
    The thing that bothers me most about loading screens, and I will keep bringing it up, is that you can't have your off-lot sims do anything meaningful.

If you want your kids to do homework, your novelist to write a novel, your rocket scientist to keep building, etc. etc. etc. you have to be on the same lot. These things are boring to watch, and it makes more sense if your spouse, say, wants to do something like write their book, that you go out and do other things. Even if you couldn't reset what they were doing when done, at least letting them continue would make me feel I could leave those sims alone and still do fun things with other sims in the household.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I have two modding related questions :
    - Do you know if the new careers will have any major impact on the way careers work at the moment (like major changes in the XML/Data ressources used by the career/career level/career track) ?
    - Will the apartments traits be moddable ? Is it something that should be doable with XML/Data ?

There may or may not be ;)some added career functionality, but I can't talk about that, and I don't know how/if it will invalidate mods.

Apartment traits should be fully moddable.

Now this gets me excited ;)

• Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    Hello, everyone. And there we go… It was part of another comment (I do not remember who was the user saying it), but I let just the part I’m interested in: as @PrincessVee stated above, these aren't apartments. And it seems they are the neighborhood arranged vertically instead of horizontally. That's why we can't enter other apartments without loading screen; ‘cause each “apartment” is, in fact, a separate lot just like our current neighborhoods. They've redesigned part of the park space that surrounds all lots to mimic a building lobby and neighbors can now knock on your door. They’re vertical neighborhoods in a shell - not buildings.
    So, my question is (and maybe I missed some words that explained if it is possible or not, Idk; so sorry if I’m being repetitive now, but I reaaaaally would like to see an answer): as it is not available to make our own apartment complexes now, wouldn’t it be possible a change on it in a future? Can we wait for, maybe, a future patch that allow us to create a “new” kind of lot (“apartment”), so we could place some objects that turn that place into an apartment (like what happens when we need to turn a lot into a museum, for example; it shows us what objects are still missing for turning the building into that), even if it could have just 3 or 4 floors and take just 4 households? So that we could put those apartments in other worlds. So, can we wait for a future update bringing us that at least? I’d really would love to see an answer from @SimGuruEugi . And thanks for your time to answer us.
    edited September 2016
    @Isa_Menezes I don't think we will be able to have what you're asking for, because it requires being able to build one building around multiple lots (which means building on public between-lot space) but I think a more feasible request might be to have some lots able to be marked as rental in any world, since that only takes a little adjustment to some existing programming, which would be that the lot would just take a small deposit to move into instead of the whole purchase price, but the rent would be added to the bills. Maybe a sim could even purchase a rental lot and receive the rent from it :)
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Isa_Menezes I don't think we will be able to have what you're asking for, because it requires being able to build one building around multiple lots (which means building on public between-lot space) but I think a more feasible request might be to have some lots able to be marked as rental in any world, since that only takes a little adjustment to some existing programming, which would be that the lot would just take a small deposit to move into instead of the whole purchase price, but the rent would be added to the bills. Maybe a sim could even purchase a rental lot and receive the rent from it :)

I think she meant "real apartments" sims 2 style, where apartments were located on 1 lot and divided by a door that blacked out the other apartments.

PS: real npc roommates wouldn't hurt as well (Aka the once that would have separate funds from us, and which we don't have to control?)
    Could they be patched in later?

So I think it brings me to a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while. When you release an expansion pack, any expansion pack, is there a possibility that in future you might go back to it and expand more on it? Like tweak or add some new features/interactions? Or is the content of an EP after its release "final" and can't be changed or expanded upon? @SimGuruEugi
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

I think she meant "real apartments" sims 2 style, where apartments were located on 1 lot and divided by a door that blacked out the other apartments.

I think with rental lots + a banking system we would be able to have a experience close to that in Ts2 using regular residential lots. If we could have a banking system that allowed us to have separate accounts per sim, we would be able to create "fake" apartments with different families separated by locked doors because at least each "family" would have separate funds.
    edited September 2016

PS: real npc roommates wouldn't hurt as well.

I understand, but the design, even in TS2, was one lot per household. The way TS2 did it was it had several lots in the exact same space as one lot. Each one was a copy of the other, which was updated when you made a change to the building or public space. One copy belonged to each household living in the apartment building. If you visited a neigbor, you saw your current sims's copy of them and their apartment. And your current sim "owned" all their stuff and could use any of it. It was the neighbor who only had visitor rights in his own apartment. When you decided to actually play the neighbor, you loaded a different copy of the entire apartment block lot, and you could tell cos some things were as he had left them last time you played him, and were different from where they were when you played the first apartment's sim that I was describing.

In TS4, because they are going for more temporal continuity, the actual apartments are going to load properly when you visit them, so they are in a seperate place, not overlaid, and you get the loading screen because you're actually going to see them as they are now.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Indeed, the common fund is the main problem for apartments on regular lot, though someone mentionned the common inventory too, and it could be a problem. I mean, borrowing some produce from the neighbors does happen, but eating their leftovers not so much :D
    edited September 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    Indeed, the common fund is the main problem for apartments on regular lot, though someone mentionned the common inventory too, and it could be a problem. I mean, borrowing some produce from the neighbors does happen, but eating their leftovers not so much :D

I agree although I could live with that. A banking system would also be great to add a different and more realistic kind of gameplay: teens could save money from their part time jobs or even get an allowance, sims could apply for a mortgage to buy a better house (who actually buys a house 100% with savings?).
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I agree a separate fund per Sim would open some new possibilities, for roomates, children, teens, etc. Separating business funds was a great idea. Perhaps the money side is going to be expanded some day.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Another snag with TS2-style apartments might be the large open spaces that are counted as part of the active lot. If they allow multiple families on a lot, then the public areas might be empty because the game would hit the sim limit. But maybe they'll figure out a way to accomplish it.

SGEugi I know more info is coming soon, but can you tell us the maximum number of residential lots that are available in the new town?
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Why should the developers have all the fun, building without restrictions, and not us :/

From time to time I gently prod the devs to open up some more stuff behind cheats, though I think changing terrain level in a hood (the raised lots) is gonna be way outside that. Maybe Zerbu will make a breakthrough in world editing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top