Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Someone Stop the Drinking!

AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
For the love of all that is good please someone make a no autonomous get drink mod! I swear I will worship the ground of whoever makes this. Every free moment my sims are at the fridge getting a glass of milk, juice, or whatever else is in there. It is driving me nuts!

Comments

• Options
    CyberOpsCyberOps Posts: 59 Member
    I agree it happens too much, same goes for when you got a bar, they are in love with it for some odd reason
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Sims have always loved the bar. The thing with the fridge and drinking juice or milk is new and, sims are still lushes for anything to drink. Oh and give them a coffee maker and, that's one more thing they can drink from. Now if they could drink and do things like use the computer and just sip the drink now and then - like humans do, fine but they stop everything else to drink.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    My sims never do that! :o But then again, my sims and NPCs ALWAYS run to my computer! It's so annoying. Any party I have, there will be 2-3 sims in the bedroom by the computer. 1 sitting on it and 1-2 chatting with them, probably waiting for their turn. It's tiring that I have to remove it everytime I have sims over. I wish we could just lock doors again, that would be a joy!
  • Options
    AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    @DarkAmaranth1966 - I know! It wouldn't bug me nearly as much if they didn't stop what I had them doing to got get a drink. I was trying to have my sim read to his kid for an hour and he kept stopping to get a flipping drink. I finally turned of autonomy on selected sim then the kid did it so I had to turn it completely off till I got the reading done. All for a friggin' glass of juice *face palm*

@Valandis- If you could lock the doors they'd probably do what they did in sims 3 and stand outside the door confused as to why they can't get to the computer. Then since it's sims 4 you'd have them start a group convo and before you know it you'd have everyone forming a mini mob in front of the one door. lol
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    @Amaira They actually didn't do that in my The Sims 3 game. :) Which could be luck, haha.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    I think once everyone gets familiar with the new language (Python) that sims 4 is written in, some of these will be easier to turn out. Not sure if someone will make this a scripting mod to make going to the bar less attractive and fun or if they will simply make it so that it will only be a user directed interaction.

@darkamaranth1966 at least sims can be more efficient now by drink while using the bathroom. :) I used to retune objects in the sims 3 with nraas retuner.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    Chris41279Chris41279 Posts: 247 Member
    I don't have this problem so much. UNLESS my Mixologist is making drinks for her daily task... In which case, after just about EVERY drink, she picks one up and starts drinking and of course this stops her from mixing drinks.. THAT is annoying.
  • Options
    lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member
    The annoyance for me is they go grab a drink when they're not even really hungry, but then their bladder goes down. So, they're making themselves feel worse, not better, lol.
  • Options
    SomberXIIISomberXIII Posts: 16 New Member
    That happen to me too. Buying a bar helps it become worse. Same for computers. All guests do nothing but run to those computers after they were invited in.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Computers and bars are headaches, depending on the sim. We at least need locking doors, then we can lock them out of those things unless we want them using them. That's how I kept them out of bars in previous TS games.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I fully support this. My sims are always going to the fridge to grab a drink. Annoying!
  • Options
    TakekazeTakekaze Posts: 72 Member
    Can't leave'em 5 minutes alone without them getting something to drink.
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    Yeah... these things they do automatically when they're idle (or THINK they're idle) is rather annoying. Especially if you've got a big house and it takes time to walk from one end/floor to another. All that waiting because they wanted to grab another glass of whatever... I'm close to banning every bar, fridge, pc from my homes... let them starve and die of boredom!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Guruholms told me in message that there is a hidden thirst need when I asked on Ask Guru. My sims are addicted to milk & Orange juice. Full hunger bar's. He said they would check into it. But a mod in the meantime would be greatly appreciated! :smiley:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    What annoys me the most is that they leave the stupid glasses everywhere! They never clean them on their own, they just put them down on tables and dressers all through the house, so when I tell them to clean the dishes later, they end up going into every room of the house.
  • Options
    LazackaLazacka Posts: 185 Member
    This is why I put my sims on low will, drives me crazy, they're always drinking! I mean it would be fun if they actually got drunk and stumbled and stuff but otherwise it's just a pain :)