Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't see CC in my game

I unzipped the files, put them in the mods folder for TS4, and my game pops up the CC warning at the start screen, but it still doesn't show any CC in the CAS (I have only downloaded CC for CAS area of the game just to test the waters). I would be grateful for any help, even if you have to give me the dummy's version of explanation. Thank you!

Comments

• MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    It depends entirely what CC you downloaded. Sometimes it can be hard to find CC recolours because the thumbnails don't regenerate for them automatically. There are two solutions:

1. Navigate to C:\Users\<your_username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete 'localthumbcache.package'. this file contains the cached thumbnails and if the game doesn't find it it will regenerate it next time it is run.
    2. Find the item that was recoloured and make sure to click on every 'swatch' until you find it.

For explanatory purposes a 'thumbnail' in this context is the image of the clothing item that appears on the right hand side and that you click on to change the clothing on the sim, a 'swatch' is the little block of colour/colours that you select from to change the colour of an item of clothing.
  • AnnikaLeeAnnikaLee Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you. I will try that and let you know. :)
  • madmadam59madmadam59 Posts: 83 Member
    I don't seem to have a mods folder. I have a folder called bin and in there there is a folder called res, is this the same thing?
  • Taty07Taty07 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @MyreMylar said:
    > It depends entirely what CC you downloaded. Sometimes it can be hard to find CC recolours because the thumbnails don't regenerate for them automatically. There are two solutions:
    >
    > 1. Navigate to C:\Users\<your_username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete 'localthumbcache.package'. this file contains the cached thumbnails and if the game doesn't find it it will regenerate it next time it is run.
    > 2. Find the item that was recoloured and make sure to click on every 'swatch' until you find it.
    >
    > For explanatory purposes a 'thumbnail' in this context is the image of the clothing item that appears on the right hand side and that you click on to change the clothing on the sim, a 'swatch' is the little block of colour/colours that you select from to change the colour of an item of clothing.

Thanks! This helped me greatly!!! :D
  • FrodaFroda Posts: 3 New Member
    > @madmadam59 said:
    > I don't seem to have a mods folder. I have a folder called bin and in there there is a folder called res, is this the same thing?

It's in your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods. Not Program Files.
  • JollyRosesJollyRoses Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    haha what about people who are installing sims on another partition for example or who have no 'Electronic Arts' folder but an 'origingames' folder instead!

I figured out so far:
    -My path looks like that: F:/program files(86x)/OriginGames/TheSims4

oh look, no Mods folder there! only 'Game','_Installer','Data' and 'Support'
    Well, why not making a Mods folder by myself, just like in sims2(I never played sims3, it didn't get me sry ^^')?

Yah I did so...

Now my game only shows up a pair of leggins I've downloaded together with a new mesh for them so obviously recolours do not show off, which is pretty weird don't you think? :/

-Then I found out I need a certain file called 'resource.cfg'... to make it short: I don't have it because there was no Mods file from the beginning! (I also read the game would create tha cfg-file by itself, when it 'boots up':

'Inside the “Mods” folder you will find the resource.cfg file which enables the use of 3rd party content. This file should remain inside the Mods folder at all times. If you should ever hard delete or lose this file (or mods folder), the game will automatically generate a new one the next time you boot up the game.')

Conclusion:
    For me it looks like people, who have Sims4 installed in that Origin folder do not have a Mods folder and can't create it properly by themselves :(

plus, installing the game on another partition also may cause difficulties...

Thanks if there's someon who can figure out what people can do if they have the 'Origin' version instead of the 'Electronic Arts' version

EDIT: And oh yes, I didn't bought Sims4 via Origin I just had to install it with Origin.
    I have simply two CD's with which I installed it on my Computer!
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    @JollyRoses There isn't going to be a mods folder or a resource file in your program files. We aren't supposed to put anything in the program files area.

Doesn't matter if you installed from disc or via origin, you need to look in your documents folder for Electronic Arts, not within program files.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    You also have to run the game at least once first, but after that it will be there. Doesn't matter where you installed the game.
  • madmadam59madmadam59 Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you, I have now located the right file :)