Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Point Adds messed up

I don't know if it's just me,but the adds are acting very weird,I've got several adds today that turn into white boxes and don't load all the way no matter how many times I refresh the page.I hope that whatever s going on they fix this issue before it gets any worse. :'(:'(:|

Comments

• Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    I had those too :confused:
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening to.Maybe there's hope then that they will fix this issue.I was getting the sorry this opportunity is no longer available,which at least I was able to get it to come out of it at times,but this white box, it does nothing .Maybe it will work better tomorrow for all of us with this issue,it could happen.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    That happened to me several times yesterday, but now the ads seem to be fine. At least for me. So, perhaps they fixed them :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    It just happened to me also.
  • Options
    front360front360 Posts: 784 Member
    Well I was getting the white blank ads but now I'm getting the all blue box ads that don't pay out. Which is weird because usually if the ads have the blue sponsor pay strip on the bottom they will still pay out if you wait 30 seconds. I've gotten the "we're sorry this offer is over" ad with the blue sponsor pay strip on the bottom so I just waited 30 seconds and it still payed out.
    front360resized1.jpg
    Siggy made for me by skdluzak: Isn't it beautiful
  • Options
    pamafranmakapamafranmaka Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, I'm new here on the forums and have a question. Has anyone had the same problem with the adds since yesterday? I'm not talking about the white boxes that appear sometimes - at least to me. I can open the adds and they show me advertisement for The Sims 4 but after watching the video they only show me a screen to guide me to the Sims 4 page. Even klicking the links I don't receive any simpoints. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone know? It would be good to know if anyone else has the same problem.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I get that on some ads too, bt the ads I do get its every second ad that actually gives me the points. So im watching double the amount of ads for half the points
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    I get the same ad for the Sims 4 and it doesn't pay out for me either. It also has the blue sponsor pay strip on the bottom but nothing happens after 30 seconds.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    pamafranmakapamafranmaka Posts: 8 New Member
    At least I'm not the only one then. I thought I did something wrong ;)
  • Options
    The white blank box has not gone away,I started out fine and got like six adds and then the whit box started appearing and then nothing.I hope they get this fixed,it seems I always have trouble with the adds acting weird every time it's fixing to storm,so hopefully that will mean it will be back to normal soon,cause they act like their trying to load but somethings interfering with it will it doesn't go ahead and load.
  • Options
    bekkilynbekkilyn Posts: 192 Member
    I've been getting the same large white boxes. I've also gotten a few that say timed-out, and another few that run for 3 seconds, show nothing, and then show a play again button...which then does nothing! Fortunately, the majority of ads seem to be fine.

Rebecca
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    I'm still getting the white blank box today :unamused: hopefully it will get fixed
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    Skylah456Skylah456 Posts: 95 Member
    I've never got any adds :(
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @Skylah456 Do you have an adblocker? You need to disable it for the site to get ads, if you have one.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    For the past 2 days, nearly every ad is that blank white square ad. There is no way to play it. So I have to refresh the page each time to get rid of it. It is rather annoying. Especially since it seems to count against you with the ads. Like some kind of limit or something.
  • Options
    da13371amada13371ama Posts: 78 Member
    piddlesim wrote: »
    For the past 2 days, nearly every ad is that blank white square ad. There is no way to play it. So I have to refresh the page each time to get rid of it. It is rather annoying. Especially since it seems to count against you with the ads. Like some kind of limit or something.

Yea, something wrong with that certain ad, think it was the drink ad. I think I missed out on about 50sp because of it. I personally like the 5star ad, its reliably and always plays correctly.
  • Options
    I like that 5 star ad too. It always works and the dog is cute :D
  • Options
    I just got a error message with the adds that says your session with sponsor pay has exspired,has anybody else got an add like this.I think it may have something to do with the weather here for me,though if not I hope they fix them,would hate to lose out on points at this late of date.
  • Options
    I just got that a few seconds ago. I was like huh? So I came here to see if anyone else got it. Glad to know It wasn't just me who had that odd message.
  • Options
    bekkilynbekkilyn Posts: 192 Member
    I've gotten that strange message too. Also, after I posted about getting the bad ads, but getting more good ones than bad, I started getting lots of bad ads in a row. This morning I'm getting more good ones again, but maybe once those all get played, I'll only have the bad ones left? They do seem to count against us in some way when they don't work.

Rebecca
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited September 2014
    Same. Please fix it, site techs, or remove the faulty ad.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sorry double post,can't seem to get rid of it.
    Post edited by SuttiPutt on
  • Options
    I go for a little bit and this add doesn't show up and there it is again like a bad penny,I seem to get more of these faulty adds then good the last three day,I hope they either fix it or put a working add in it's place.
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    SuttiPutt wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me,but the adds are acting very weird,I've got several adds today that turn into white boxes and don't load all the way no matter how many times I refresh the page.I hope that whatever s going on they fix this issue before it gets any worse. :'(:'(:|

Oh, I see those daily! Some ads work out just fine, but a couple either have the white box, and the page is always "connecting" till I refresh, or it's a blue box that never goes away. No idea which ads it is, but it's annoying!

• Options
    amakeuploveramakeuplover Posts: 84 Member
    There has been one add lately that ALWAYS crashes my computer. Not sure what one it is but as soon as I hit the play button my flash player crashes and my computer freezes.

:'(