Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weight Loss?

My Sim was pretty thin coming out of CAS, but it seemed she gained weight rather rapidly. I bought her a treadmill and she uses it daily. Now it seems like my Sim has become extremely muscular, but has not lost any of the weight she gained. She's rather strange looking. I don't want her muscular, either. Is there a way to get her back to the willowy Sim I created?
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• Options
    ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    It seems to be a problem a lot are coming across,Sims gain weight way too easily and become a muscular block when you try and make them lose it. Apparently the 'bug' has been noted and Gurus are looking into it.
  • Options
    VerdantSFVerdantSF Posts: 61 Member
    There's a weight loss potion in the Satisfaction Points reward store :).
    udmtjK.gif
  • Options
    ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    VerdantSF wrote: »
    There's a weight loss potion in the Satisfaction Points reward store :).

It shouldn't have to be that though,a couple days later they put the weight back again,btw did you know your username is the name of Oliver Queens club on Arrow?

• Options
    TammyGrantSimTammyGrantSim Posts: 33 Member
    I think one thing with TS4 is their needs turn yellow when they are only halfway down and if you're like me, as soon as you see a need turn yellow you want to turn it green again. So we end up over feeding our sims. I've had to make myself ignore their need for food a bit longer and get on the treadmill a few times a week, that seems to help.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Yup, same exact thing happened with my sim. Now she looks like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 body builder.
  • Options
    VerdantSFVerdantSF Posts: 61 Member
    I agree, I just mentioned the weight loss potion as a temporary solution. I hope they fix the bug soon! As for my username, my favorite color is green and I've been using it for over a decade. I don't even watch Arrow, but given the character's love of the color green, the club name makes sense :).
    udmtjK.gif
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited September 2014
    OK, I will try to feed her less often. I have been letting her eat as soon as the bar turns yellow.
  • Options
    PaladinJeffPaladinJeff Posts: 10 New Member
    I ran into the same issue. I had tons of fun run on the treadmill repeatedly and she was back in shape. Only took one Sim day and I didn't notice any buffing up. Maybe only the lifting machine does that? Now I make her run every other day and she's yet to enlarge again.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jogging
    Someone else mentioned digging but I don't know about that...
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I have my sim go jogging every once in a while, 2x around the neighborhood. It seems to work pretty well and she doesn't get real muscular either, as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I made sure not to use the lifting machines, I didn't want her to gain muscles, just lose weight. I will try the feeding her less often. It takes a really long time to earn reward points in this game, so I have not wanted to waste what I have on potions. I am saving up for the no sleep one. I haven't found a way to keep the emotions around for more than an hour or two. With how long it takes a Sim to finish a task now, the emotion always seems to disappear before I get the chance to choose the emotion task for reward points. Then the emotion changes, and the task changes, but the emotion changes again before I can stop the expired task and start the new one. I found I have had to pretty much ignore the first emotion based task and just go with the second and third tasks.
  • Options
    naima001naima001 Posts: 4 New Member
    If you want to lose weight, jogging is one of the most effective exercises to do it. Jogging burns more calories than almost all other forms of cardio exercise. Since the formula for weight loss is burning more calories than you consume, jogging can be your golden ticket to get lean. You can lose weight by jogging for 20-minute sessions with a personalized workout plan.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Jogging is the best excercise to lose a few pounds and not become a bodybuilder.
  • Options
    naima001naima001 Posts: 4 New Member
    It was a weight loss pill till too many O.D's happened. My Grandfather was prescribed them till he saw on the news how addicting they were and took up Jogging.