Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphic... glitch? with a CC t-shirt I made

GoblincoreGoblincore Posts: 20 Member
edited September 2014 in General Mods Discussion
So, I read Platinum Simmers tutorial on how to recolor CAS elements and decided to go for an Animal Crossing t-shirt. I chose the Cropped Bow t-shirt for that purpose and followed all the instructions. But despite that, no matter what I do, when I try it in-game, the front part of the t-shirt looks like plastic, with a weird shine on it. Anyone knows what could be causing it? I'm nearly desperate! :(

I know these are a little crappy, but here's two pictures to illustrate what I mean (it's the area around the dog's figure that's weird):
postimg.org/image/5nq53mguv/
s23.postimg.org/5mg7a7f17/IMG_20140908_184638.jpg
Post edited by Goblincore on

Comments

• texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    @LauraBlackstones It looks like the outline of the bow. I was going to attempt a recolor of this shirt too, so I'll see if I can get rid of it.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • GoblincoreGoblincore Posts: 20 Member
    Yeah, that's what it looks like --Funny thing I only realized it last night :# I read it has to do with the bump maps and how the aren't edit-able yet with the software that the modders have developed so far... But anyway, let me know if you find a way to get rid of it, and thanks! :)
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    I saw somebody else mention that you can rid a recolour of specular highlights by deleting the 'specular' image file entry in s4pe. It is the 'UNKN' item in the package that doesn't show up an image preview on the right hand side I believe. There is another UNKN image file that is visible in s4pe that adds shadows to the mesh, that one can be 'cleared' by making it entirely white.

I haven't tried it myself but it might be worth making a copy of your current package (in case it doesn't work) and giving that a try.
  • texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    @LauraBlackstones I've had no luck myself with this shirt, but I ran across this on tumblr!
    http://chumcha.tumblr.com/post/96682125943/crop-tops-de-bowified-hate-hate-hated-that-bow-i
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • ChumchaChumcha Posts: 22 New Member
    What I did was replace the specular with one from another shirt, I think I used the tucked in rolled up sleeves one. I'm not sure what deleting the specular altogether would do :o