Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 for free

I wish they would add the sims 1 for free on origin like they did with the sims 2 a while back. I can't seem to get my old sims 1 games to work on my laptop so it would be cool to have that happen.
Twitter: ashleyrenee210
Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
Origin: ashleyrenee210
PSN: ashleyrenee210

Comments

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    It would be lovely, but I don't think lightening's going to strike twice.
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    sadly, you're probably right. I guess I'll just keep dreaming.
  • Bizub4Bizub4 Posts: 37 Member
    I would LOVE for that to happen. I'm missing some of my Sims games and would love a chance to play them again without buying them all!
    I can't even find them anywhere to buy them even if i could play them on my laptop :(
    I'd like to see them remaster it and sell it...for a reasonable price of course.
    > @AthenaOnyx said:
    > I'd like to see them remaster it and sell it...for a reasonable price of course.

ooohhh i would like that too!
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'd like to see them come up with a bundled version on Origin, simply to have it all in one place. I have all the disks and such, but I have to go through quite a bit to patch it all, update the games, install them (in the correct order!) and play it. I have more bugs with windows 7 than I did on...er...I think I had Win 98? Maybe? either way, the old OS I ran it on did good, minus the fact that my hardware was insufficient.
  • siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    I can't even find them anywhere to buy them even if i could play them on my laptop :(

By the way, are you using Windows 8.1 on your laptop?
  • mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    If they bundled it and made it an aio id so get it!
    It could be in my imagination, but I think games run better when all the eps are bundled. It at least gives me a sense of security.

I was thinking about reloading all my s2 games onto my laptop right before they release s2 ult, but something about doing that made me nervous. What if I can find them all? What if they don't work? What if I can't find the codes? And, now that I can just download right off of origin I'm "whew, I have my game right where I can find it." :)

By the way, are you using Windows 8.1 on your laptop?

No I'm using Windows 7 on my laptop.
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    It could be in my imagination, but I think games run better when all the eps are bundled. It at least gives me a sense of security.

I was thinking about reloading all my s2 games onto my laptop right before they release s2 ult, but something about doing that made me nervous. What if I can find them all? What if they don't work? What if I can't find the codes? And, now that I can just download right off of origin I'm "whew, I have my game right where I can find it." :)

I do like that you can get your games on Origin now, just in case something happens to them or you lose a code or something
  • EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    I know this may be a little wrong of me but there's... other alternatives of getting it... -wink wink-

Is EA still making money off of bought TS1 games if they're still even getting sold?? I'd TOTALLY go back to play TS1. Dang, I miss it... Have you checked EBAY or something? Maybe pawn shops? I wish I still had my copies. I have no idea where they've gone. :c
    I still have my copies and my codes but I just can't get them to play on my current laptop and my old computer is shot so I can't play them.
    I guess I just wish there were a way to get ts1 to play on newer computers.
  • EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    I still have my copies and my codes but I just can't get them to play on my current laptop and my old computer is shot so I can't play them.
    I guess I just wish there were a way to get ts1 to play on newer computers.

Wow it won't play on a newer computer? What exactly is the problem?? D:
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    I only ever had the TS1 base game, so if they were to release a compilation like the TS2 Ultimate Collection I'd be playing all of the EPs for the first time. I doubt it will happen, but I'd like it.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think I've heard that TS1 would indeed run on Windows 8.1
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Keep an eye on amazon marketplace sellers. I got my "Sims 1 "Complete Collection" used for about $40.00, well worth it. It has only 4 discs, but includes base game, all EP's, all extra content, and an early version of bodyshop for sims 1. It's very crude in comparison, but I really enjoyed making and recoloring clothes for sims, especially since the "fat" mesh (Betty Newbie, Mellissa Roomies) has so few clothes.

I think it's a GREAT IDEA for EA/Maxis to consider releasing sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin for Download!
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Agreed! I know that all of my discs are around here somewhere, but that was so long ago, I'm not sure where they all are. Plus, I'm not 100% confident that it would still run on my current computer. I've had problems with other games from that era (like the first Rollercoaster Tycoon) not being compatible with the graphics card I have. So I'd hate to repurchase TS1 only to not have it work. But if it was free, I'd totally install it!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    Is the Sims 1 still supported on current OS-es?
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I SERIOUSLY doubt most modern computers would run it.
    Well, I bought Sims 1 Complete Collection and it arrived at my mail box today. I installed it on my Windows 8.1 laptop and so far, to my pleasant surprise, everything ran fine except the loading time was a bit slow. I did not even have to run as an administrator.
    By the way, does anyone know how to reset the tutorials for Sims 1?
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Well, I bought Sims 1 Complete Collection and it arrived at my mail box today. I installed it on my Windows 8.1 laptop and so far, to my pleasant surprise, everything ran fine except the loading time was a bit slow. I did not even have to run as an administrator.
    If you want thr game to load faster run it xp sp3 mode.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2014
    I wish they could. My older brother still has the full collection from when we were younger. =.= but he hid it somewhere in his house. So I haven't no idea where those lost treasures might be. Can't really complain though, I was lucky enough to get TS2 ultimate on such late notice lol. Still It would be nice to play the sims 1. It feels soo long since I played it.

Edit: Random but...Yay!! I got my 1000th comment lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014
    I SERIOUSLY doubt most modern computers would run it.

just installed it on my computer which has 64 bit windows 8.1 i5 4670k 8gb ram r9 290 4gb graphics card and it installed and worked like a charm

blew my mind how fast it installed (less then 2 minutes and loaded in no joke 3 seconds)

EDIT-- well i spoke too soon the original sims ran fine as did the first few packs so i just installed the rest without testing and makin magic refuses to run even with compatibility mode
    Post edited by baddazoner on