Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game not being able to save with mods.

rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
Hm, so its strange. I installed the no blur mod, the lighting mod, and the blurry background mod from mod the sims.

I extracted the files and put them into my TS4 Mod folder.

When I open the game, it tells me the three mods were installed.

I tested them & they indeed are...problem is I go to options to press save & my game wont save.

I took them out one by one, because maybe one is causing the issue but nope.

EDIT: I took the mods out and now my game doesn't save at all. I broke it, help.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Has anyone had this issue?

Comments

• Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    What does that mean, “because maybe one is causing the issue but nope” … were you able to save normally without CC, or did the issue persist?

If it's the former, I’d suggest testing which exact mod is causing this (by taking them out one by one), and then posting about it where you got it from. If it’s the latter, that would mean it’s a general issue with the game and not with the CC (I guess there are several game bug threads in these forums).
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    I had no bugs with my game.

Maybe one is causing the issue..means maybe one of the mods is causing the issue....i took them out one by one..and then deleted them all.....and I still can't save.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Do you need to delete some cache in your game, and then go back in? To figure out which one does this, you would probably have to try each one individually and then delete whatever cache you would need to delete, and do this for each one. Anybody know what caches can be safely deleted?
  • Options
    Can you tell me which ones are safe to delete please :)@gayars
  • Options
    I don't know either, I just read some threads that were talking about caches that could be deleted in the game. Hang on, I will try and find out for you :)
  • Options
    Ahh okay I totally read that wrong...thank you @gayars
  • Options
    I remember sims 3 you could like delete all the files & then close it & then open it back up and it starts you over with a fresh folder...idk if you can do it for ts4
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So far the only safe one to delete I can find is the localthumbcache one, and I think it is just thumbnails. There is one called lotcacheddata that maybe you could remove the last date/version file in it to desktop temporarily and try it. HOWEVER no guarantees, and I would definitely not delete it in case you had to put it back. Meantime you could just move your folder (the my documents/electronic arts/the sims 4 one) to desktop, and let it recreate your game but you would lose all your families that way, and would be just restarting the game if you do that. I did that already once, and have a separate folder I keep for my families only, and my daughter and I share the other one. That way she can't mess up my special families lol. I have no idea what would happen if you mess with the lot one, honestly, it is a shot in the dark, but you can't play it without being able to save it, and I think the game is too new for people to know what to do. Maybe next time keep a sims 4 folder to test mods in before putting them in your main sims 4 folder in case they mess things up for you?
  • Options
    Thank you...

What are the steps exactly to reset the game? just move the folder to desktop?

I made a copy of my saves, next time I will be more careful.
  • Options
    Yes just move the sims 4 folder from your documents folder to desktop (or rename it to the sims 4b or something) and then rerun the game, it will recreate it.
  • Options
    Thank you Gayars I just resetted it and it saves again, I'm going to put my backup saves in the new folder.

I figured out my issues, I think...I never installed the demon baby patch because I dont have that bug & just never did.

They might have been the problem.

Thank you so much. @Gayars
  • Options
    Let me know how it works once the backup saves are put back in would you? It would be nice to know in case!
  • Options
    The back up saves are corrupt, it does the no save thing again.

So sad so many hours of gameplay & I was attached to my simmies.

Oh well my fault, thanks for your help. @gayars
  • Options
    No way to go back to a previous save either? I haven't totally figured out the saves folder myself but...
  • Options
    No, I copied them into the new folder & it works. But doesn't let me save the actual game.

I'm sure it would work in a different situation though, my save files are just corrupted I think.
  • Options
    Ah, well that is a bummer. I am sorry. It is always so sad when a game gets corrupted like that :( I get attached to my simmies too...
  • Options
    Well at-least we learned something lol.
  • Options
    Yeah sure did! :)
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Can you do "save as" or does that one also not work? I remember that helping with sims3 and figure it's worth a try.
    I'm sorry you had this issue.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    Ya know the other day I updated and did a back up save & then put in the mods, and bam can't save. But then I did the save as and i could save again.