Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homeschooling Mods?

Hey fellow simmers, I'd like to ask if there is any homeschooling mods? I've already tried NRaas's Careers, and unlike my other mods, it displayed the interactions, but nothing changed. So, is there any mods that allow my children and teens to be homeschooled?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2014
    May I ask for more info about how the NRaas version didn't work for you? The only time I've ever had trouble switching one of my sims to home schooling was when there was too little time before their ageup/graduation. Other than that one, it's always worked very well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
    I'm pretty sure it didn't work because it didn't have my patch number, so I chose the one closest to it. :/ And I don't want to update my game because last time I updated, it started to crash
  • SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Delete the school from the town.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
    I'm pretty sure it didn't work because it didn't have my patch number, so I chose the one closest to it. :/ And I don't want to update my game because last time I updated, it started to crash
    Which patch level are you running on and what didn't work -- did the active sims you enrolled in Home Schooling not actually get enrolled or were you expecting inactives in town to get pushed into that option (or both)?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You can back up your Electronic Arts folder and try the 167 manual superpatch like I had to for my updating and you'd be able to use the current 167 versions of NRaas Mods like I'm using.I would remove my Sims 3 folder while patching and testing the patch and put it back after testing the patch out though I had to delete the outdated NRaas Mods to put the updated versions in after patching.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Delete the school from the town.

I have been playing in a world without a school for a time and my children study at home in the library. No complaints from the game. However, they is no homework, no grades, and none of the school-related challenges.
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    I have been playing in a world without a school for a time and my children study at home in the library. No complaints from the game. However, they is no homework, no grades, and none of the school-related challenges.
    If you have the NRaas Careers mod and its optional Home Schooling module, then the kids enrolled in home schooling have to do their homework and turn it in every day/get their next assignment either in person at City Hall or by computer before 10 am to get credit. That is what is used to calculate their grade levels. Currently there are no field trips, after school clubs, or school related challenges and they don't get to participate in the actual graduation ceremony, but they do get to go to the prom if there is still a school in town.

If you have NRaas StoryProgression plus its optional Career module, you can set it so that inactives can and will autonomously register for home schooling. Without that, you would have to use MasterController to manually register inactives.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You can still choose to have school enrollment be manual eve if you've got NRaas Carreers along with story progression and the careers module for story progression.I've got all of them included with the 59 NRaas Mod package files and I'll still have to enroll kids or children in school manually because it's more realistic to have it that way because your kids aren't already enrolled in school when you move to a new town and you have to get them transferred if you move too far to stay in the same school.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    Why would you want to home school tho? How do the sim kids go out and make friends?
    Follow me on Tumblr
    tessabeme wrote: »
    Why would you want to home school tho? How do the sim kids go out and make friends?
    Lots of reasons. They can do and submit (or ignore if they were bad students anyway) their homework whenever they want and then spend the rest of the day pursuing skills that they aren't going to learn in school -- more so for teens than children. Or, of course, they could just take naps and watch tv which is probably what I would do. If their parents have skills and high level in logic, they can tutor. The kids' help might be needed on the family farm. Teens can stay at home taking care of younger siblings or begin a profession or Showtime career early and not have those tasks interfere with their school schedule.

If they want to socialize, they can find their friends out and about after the school day is over and on weekends. I certainly don't play all of my sims' kids this way, but sometimes it does make sense.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
    Hey, sorry I hadn't gotten back to you, Origin was being wonky. My launcher is version 1.62, and NRaas didn't have that version ( When I installed the mod, that is. ) So do you think I should just re-install Careers and see what happens?
    Hey, sorry I hadn't gotten back to you, Origin was being wonky. My launcher is version 1.62, and NRaas didn't have that version ( When I installed the mod, that is. ) So do you think I should just re-install Careers and see what happens?
    Ah, I see the challenge there. There was no worldwide release of a game patch by that number. Most everyone jumped from 1.55 or 1.57 to 1.63.

And Patch 1.63 was major, so the Careers base mod that works with 1.63 and higher will not work with the lower ones. Similarly, the one meant for Patches 1.55-1.57 will not work with 1.63 and higher. Not sure how you got stuck in between.

Is it possible that your game is on a different patch level than your Launcher? Do you have any (text) log files in your Documents/EA/TheSims3 folder than give any clues as to which patch your game is really on?

Failing that, I guess you could try installing the one of the two that you didn't try last time. The Schools add-on module is just tuning; that one didn't change at all at that time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!