Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Land Rich Cash Poor challenge...Help me keep The Sims 2 alive!

Comments

• ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    Yeah. They're expecting again. I'm so scared. The second bedroom looks like a dormitory with all the beds.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    Yeah. They're expecting again. I'm so scared. The second bedroom looks like a dormitory with all the beds.

One thing I miss from sims3 while sims2 is the bunk beds. They were so helpful when dealing with large families and realistic housing budgets. Besides it amazes how so many houses made by EA or fellow simmers have only one bedroom. I'm like, "Geez, it's a cool house, but with only one bedroom I have no use for it."
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »

One thing I miss from sims3 while sims2 is the bunk beds. They were so helpful when dealing with large families and realistic housing budgets. Besides it amazes how so many houses made by EA or fellow simmers have only one bedroom. I'm like, "Geez, it's a cool house, but with only one bedroom I have no use for it."

I was thinking the same thing. I miss those bunkbeds

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited September 2014
    I found a custom content bunkbed for the game if anyone wants to use it: http://sassysims2.blogspot.com/2012/12/two-sims-3-to-sims-2-bunkbeds-bonus.html
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • BernardDBernardD Posts: 277 Member
    Hi! Just wanted to say I am enjoying your posts! I was never one for challenges, but I did the asylum once, and the derelict dream house one too. I really missed TS2, in some ways it is much more fun that TS3. I do miss the bunk beds too! The custom ones were ok, but the animation bugged me a bit.
    @crzy_gal_101, awesome! Thanks for sharing.

@BernardD, cool! Thanks for letting me know you like it.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @AthenaOnyx: my debate with myself won over and I started posting my legacy family that I'm playing in Sims 2. I must say it's way harder doing a legacy in sims 2 than it is in sims 3 lol.
    Hang in there CM. It's really fun. I'm debating if I'll send the triplets back home after UNI to do their own. I just may. Hmmm. It would be interesting to have one family build a town.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited September 2014
    @ErnesaT: the legacy is a lot of fun I just love the little surprises like the fact that my sims first baby turned out to be a set of twins...certainly wasn't prepared for that lol.

Edit: cause I tagged the wrong person...opps...sorry ErnesaT didn't mean to mix you up for someone else.
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
    edited September 2014
    @cmbaker16, glad to hear you're writing a legacy. I'll stop on by and take a look.

At the moment, Dirk and Andrea are being quite dull. Their business is making them plenty of money, and Eraina's been bringing home lots of friends, but nothing interesting is happening. I'm on the look out for hook. That's why I haven't posted for a while.

Plus, it doesn't help that my game keeps crashing. :/
    @AthenaOnyx ... so sorry your game is crashing. I can't wait to get home and get back to my main family. I guess Mizzie should have the baby soon.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi :mrgreen:

I remember reading about this challenge but I never read a story of it and I never tried it. :disappointed:

I'm to where you said no one was replying so I stopped to reply- and saw some replies! lol

Anway, I don't know the rules but it sure does seem hard. O.O
    Okay- back to reading. :)

**Oh, wow- that is hard. You're doing great though! I've enjoyed reading it. :mrgreen:

I hope you figure out why it's crashing. :(
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Winter comes, and Dirk desperately wants snow.
    Not for snowmen, not for snow angels, not even for a good old fashioned snow ball fight, but, for death.
    He can't bear it... the not knowing... he must know what happens once one reaches the other side.
    snapshot_2118d02e_e1359f41.jpg
    Finally, it happens, it starts snowing. Dirk strips down to his underwear and waits for death.
    snapshot_2118d02e_01359ff5.jpg
    As the snow deepens he looks up at the sky anticipating his amazing journey.
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135a532.jpg

The girls don't worry too much. He'll be back inside once he gets too cold. Eraina invites her friends over, and Andrea continues with the flower arranging.
    snapshot_2118d02e_c135a41c.jpg
    As the chill sets in, Dirk starts to wonder if it's worth it.
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135a79c.jpg
    Will Grimmy honor the wish the genie granted him?
    snapshot_2118d02e_c135a6e1.jpg
    What if it's all a lie and there is no afterlife or Reaper to plead?
    snapshot_2118d02e_c135a2bf.jpg
    What if the player behind the screen doesn't know what the heck she's doing and the plea doesn't work?
    snapshot_2118d02e_2135a7e7.jpg
    After hours of snow and pain, Dirk drops.
    snapshot_2118d02e_8135a7a5.jpg
    But, quickly recovers.
    snapshot_2118d02e_6135a7da.jpg
    Alas, he has regained some of his body's warmth.
    LOL...that's too funny but dangerous at the same time what would of happened if he actually died lol.
    What is wrong with Dirk? He needs to take all his pieces and parts in the house before they fall off
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Here's a pic of my triplets in uni. They share a house.

I know I took screenshots of the parents when they first started but I can't find them. Hmmmm. It's okay. I'll take better pics when one of the trips does the challenge. She wants to marry off 6 kids. Perfect candidate.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    @ErnestT you can find your pics in documents ->EA games-> neighborhoods

find the file of the neighbor your playing in and the pictures should be in there

that's if your not finding them in the storytelling folder :)
    edited September 2014
    Once again Dirk has decided to go the distance.
    He gets up more determined than ever to freeze his plumbob off.
    snapshot_2118d02e_2135a90c.jpg
    Yet, this is not to say that Dirk didn't whine like a little baby.
    snapshot_2118d02e_8135a992.jpg
    He exclaims, "Why is this taking so long?'
    snapshot_2118d02e_6135a9d4.jpg
    "I'm so sleepy; I've been standing here all day, and I need to pee..."
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135a9a3.jpg
    "Desperately."

No one said dying is all fun and games, Dirk.

Meanwhile, Andrea tucks Eraina in and goes to bed thinking that that silly fool will soon join her.
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135aaa9.jpg
    But, instead of going inside to warm up and use the bathroom, Dirk decides to make some yellow snow.
    snapshot_2118d02e_6135a9b6.jpg
    snapshot_2118d02e_e135ab24.jpg
    And, the shame sets in.
    snapshot_2118d02e_e135ab73.jpg
    But, then it happens, the moment he's been waiting for...
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135ac1b.jpg
    I wake Andrea up in time so that she could be there in his final moments. Grimmy's like, "Eh, knowledge sims, as if I don't have enough souls to turn to gravestones."
    snapshot_2118d02e_4135acd0.jpg
    Andrea, however, is beyond consoling, and cries precious tears for this blonde, preppy man that she once thought she could never love. The father of her child!
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135ad2e.jpg
    "Why, oh, why did I let this happen."
    And, as Grim lifted Dirk out his body...
    snapshot_2118d02e_6135ae2d.jpg
    Andrea fell to her feet and begged the Reaper for her boyfriend's life.
    snapshot_2118d02e_6135ad54.jpg
    Grim barely looks away from his clipboard. "Lady, I see this all the time, these knowledge sims get a wild hair up their plumbobs and the next thing you know they're setting themselves on fire and waiting for yours truly like I ain't got better things to do."
    "But, I love him, he's a great father, we have the most perfect little girl together."
    Grim heaves a sigh and says pick a hand.
    snapshot_2118d02e_8135ad76.jpg
    Your really keeping us on our toes lol
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol! I didn't know there were so many chapters/pages. It doesn't show on the main page but I'll catch up soon. XD
    edited September 2014
    Andrea looks at the skeletal hands and tries desperately to see the crucial object between the bones, but she can't see it. She must take a leap of faith.
    snapshot_2118d02e_4135ad88.jpg
    With heavy gulp and a lapse in her heart's natural rhythm she chooses.
    snapshot_2118d02e_a135adfa.jpg
    And, she chose right.
    Dirk was brought back to her safe and sound.
    snapshot_2118d02e_0135aea3.jpg
    Dirk, enthralled by his miraculous experience, and Andrea by her great relief, they embrace.
    snapshot_2118d02e_2135aed3.jpg
    Andrea drops to her knees and says, "Dirk will you marry me?"
    He says yes.
    They seal their engagement with a kiss.
    snapshot_2118d02e_21360749.jpg
    snapshot_2118d02e_01360773.jpg
    Andrea whispers, "I'm so glad you're okay."
    Then screams, "But, don't you..."
    snapshot_2118d02e_a13607c0.jpg
    "Ever..."
    snapshot_2118d02e_e13607f6.jpg
    "Ever..."
    snapshot_2118d02e_213607fc.jpg
    "Do that again."
    snapshot_2118d02e_013607c5.jpg
    Yay he survived :)...glad Andrea picked the right hand :)
    Here's a pic of my triplets in uni. They share a house.

I know I took screenshots of the parents when they first started but I can't find them. Hmmmm. It's okay. I'll take better pics when one of the trips does the challenge. She wants to marry off 6 kids. Perfect candidate.

I guess I forgot to upload the pic. Hmmm
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @ErnestT you can find your pics in documents ->EA games-> neighborhoods

find the file of the neighbor your playing in and the pictures should be in there

that's if your not finding them in the storytelling folder :)

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Just an update.....

The triplets are still in Uni and are going into their Junior year.
    The twins are now teens.
    The new baby is a toddler. His name is Larj Fortune.

The parents started building an extension on the house. They need more room, as they want another baby.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]