Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ceilings

A silly question but do all houses now come automatically with a ceiling in the sims 4 or do they have to be added as in the Sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    DBozzywellDBozzywell Posts: 46 Member
    if you create a enclosed room you should get a flat ceiling but i recommend putting a roof on anyway if you put the walls all up and go in you will see the ceiling also
  • Options
    ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    Thanks for this :)
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    If my sims house has a ceiling it must be way up there I can't see it, also the sprinkler system needs ceiling tiles in order to work, well I had something catch on fire and the sprinklers did not come on that I know of and yes I do have that sprinkler control box on the outside of kitchen door, but it burned until the kids science table was ashes
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2014
    If my sims house has a ceiling it must be way up there I can't see it, also the sprinkler system needs ceiling tiles in order to work, well I had something catch on fire and the sprinklers did not come on that I know of and yes I do have that sprinkler control box on the outside of kitchen door, but it burned until the kids science table was ashes

I didn't even know there were sprinklers. My sim was visiting her neighbor last night when his house caught on fire. She had to put it out. No sprinklers worked and also there are no ceilings in the base game. They were left out like basements were.
    DBozzywell wrote: »
    if you create a enclosed room you should get a flat ceiling but i recommend putting a roof on anyway if you put the walls all up and go in you will see the ceiling also

What about premade houses?
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member

I didn't even know there were sprinklers. My sim was visiting her neighbor last night when his house caught on fire. She had to put it out. No sprinklers worked and also there are no ceilings in the base game. They were left out like basements were.

There are ceilings, if you put the walls up and tilt the camera down you can see them.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    When you buy the sprinkler system box which is found in same place as the smoke detector if you mouse over it, says ceiling tiles required in order to work, my premade house came with the sprinkler system box already on the outside next to the kitchen door but it sure didn't work when that science table caught fire so whats the point of even buying it?
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    i believe you need fire alarms to trigger it activating... also it has a delayed reaction and only seems to stop the fire if it spreads too far.