Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tool for Build Mode CC?

Does anyone know how to recolor walls yet? I've been trying to find them myself but no luck, and I'm not a modder. Any help would be much much appreciated!

Comments

• chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    I too would like to recolor the walls s we are so limited in game.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • kittyfantastickittyfantastic Posts: 12 New Member
    The walls are nice themselves, but yes the colors are extremely limited. I've been trying to find the files myself, but I got nothin' D;
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Patience :) We've had the full game for less than a week!

Watch here for announcements of new tools, or if you're a tools programmer, go at it yourself :) Granthes is looking at extending Color Magic, but with the infodump Friday on file formats etc, he needs to rewrite the CASP functionality in CM first.
  • ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    See, you want walls and I want floors desperately. There is a lack of lovely light colored wood floors and it makes me sad!
    Yes, I know the game just came out, but at the same time it didn't take modders long to make the color magic tool. I was hoping perhaps it was the same with other content in the game.

@ShutupandSim YES! It made me sad that there was no light colored flooring. I am desperate!
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    Yes, I know the game just came out, but at the same time it didn't take modders long to make the color magic tool. I was hoping perhaps it was the same with other content in the game.

The thing is, it took several weeks after the DEMO came out for us to decode the CAS layout. The objects are somewhat more complex so it is going to take a while yet.

Don't despair though, progress is being made. :smile:
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
    @granthes *fangirls* Ahhh! Thank you very much for answering. I'm trying to be patient, but it was never one of my virtues. I'm glad to see that it is being worked on though! *does a happy dance*
  • ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    I think, as a whole, simmers are spoiled. The games last years and so we're so used to having unlimited CC at our finger tips. We always forget how barren everything is when there is a new release. I have faith in our community of creators - because they are stupidly talented. I mean, its been out how long now and we already have some decent mods?
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    we need more carpet flooring! it's a shame there are only 2 styles of carpet and not much colours to chooses from, so would love more patterns in the game :)
  • EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    will Maxis give us this type tool like in Sims 3 the CAP? And CAW?
    I'm hoping so! That would be great! Or tools like Sims 2 had would also be good. The two carpets are ehh, I never use them really because of it :\
  • VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    I'd love to be able to make my own walls,floors,paintings and signs. Maybe they'll create tools that were like the wall/floor creator and custom painting creator(where you could upload picture files from your PC)of Sims 1.