Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overall pleased...biggest issue?

JrMontJrMont Posts: 19 New Member
edited September 2014 in General Mods Discussion
So, I've got the Sims4. I've been playing Sims since the very first one. I love the constant evolution. I never end up getting ALL the expansion packs because while it is fun and I enjoy seeing the NEW things it's just a game and I don't need to be constantly spending money on games. I can see the point everyone makes of EA draining funds.

This game...I had mixed feelings about getting it because of the BIG STINK all the players were making about the changes. Part of me thought, this game will be the bare bones of the Sims and will be missing ALOT of what I'm used to. The other part of me thought, IF these emotions and editing tools are all they're cracked up to be, making the game go back to the basics in order to retrain our way to play, I can understand that and even get behind it.

So far, I think it was a good call releasing a game as "simple" as it is at the moment. WE're in the tutorial/1st level of what you can tell is going to be a VERY complex game. I love the emotions. I love the multitasking. I actually love the 'clutter'. I was always one to put crazy detail into my houses, so I really appreciate that. I like that the Sims are a little smarter. They're able to talk to eachother while they're in the same room, even if say one is eating breakfast and the other is on the computer. I don't mind the loading screens because the world is beautiful (my only concern is if/when we have EP will the loading screens take longer). There are a lot less lots...but I can be patient and hope those come with future expansions.

Comments

• JrMontJrMont Posts: 19 New Member
    edited September 2014
    It's not without glitch or fault of course. My baby was one of those demon monsters that everyone has been posting. It was a terrifying thing. My MAJOR two DISLIKES:
    1. NO CURLY HAIR. Are you kidding me EA? Not everyone has straight hair and not everyone gets a perm. Seriously. What about the curly, corkscrew curls/ethnic hair? Am i seriously supposed to accept a textureless afro for my ethnic hair options? It's really disappointing. I can never make a Sim look like me without curly hair. Also, I read they were really going to try and push for this! *sigh*
    What happened? I would've been happy with one or even two options.....Wouldn't it be cool if you could pick a hairstyle and then not just change the color but change the texture? (select straight, wavy, curly)

2.This is knitpicking...but...Daily Tasks...My sims goes to work. I work on improving skills and getting friends needed to get a promotion. I try to go to work in a good/inspired/focused/energized mood. But then they've added daily tasks. NO. I don't want more HOMEWORK with my job, thank you very much. It's not even like an optional thing like Sims3. When they would ask you to read something and you could accept or not...but in Sims 4 it's just required that in addition to all the other crap you have to do to level up in your job you ALSO have to randomly spend time on the computer daily because they say so..... (or whatever is specific to your career choice)

OVERALL I'm pleased. They've given us something really good, basic, but good and I can only hope it'll get better from here.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH...about the hair!
  • CitizenCobaltCitizenCobalt Posts: 70 Member
    I actually like most of the hairstyles in this game, which is honestly amazing because the EA hairstyles are usually the "🐸🐸🐸🐸?" type hairs. But I definitely noticed the lack of curls. Hopefully when they give us curls, they give us decent curls that we actually want to put on our sims.

The multi-tasking is great. You don't have to stop raising your skills in order to chat.

My biggest thing is the lack of create-a-style. Not having it for furniture doesn't bother me as much as not having it for hair, or makeup, or clothing! At least give me a color wheel.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    My biggest annoyance is not having CASt, but I guess I'll survive.

I really hope they can do some good curly hair this time around, same with dreads and everything else. The long braids look pretty good this time around but yeah, we need some non curly/wavy styles for sure.
    I hated that some of the curly hairs and stuff we had before looked like a weird sponge of... I guess that could have been called curls. lol
    And the dreads looked like pipe-cleaners.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    I love curly hair..