Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genderbending original content

I know we have people that are already swapping hairstyles between male and female sims. I was wondering is it possible to do the same thing with clothes? I want to make a transgender male sim for story telling but don't want to make him straight female and claim he is a guy. Is it possible to clone the content from the women and change it to male? Or am I going to run into clipping and skeleton errors if I do that?

Comments

• Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited September 2014
    There's actually already a third gender that the game recognizes: u for unisex. Several accessories, shoes, makeup, kids clothes and the like are in that category. For upper body clothes specifically, though, I imagine you'd need to do the f to m clone and some mesh editing, just as for some of the hairstyles.
  • AlucardNightroadAlucardNightroad Posts: 13 New Member
    I will have to try my hand at it and see how it goes then I guess. I haven't really played with mesh editing yet so this will be fun.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    @AlucardNightroad - if you manage to make it work, please consider sharing your creations with the rest of us. I know there are a lot of players out there who would be interested in adding trans sims to their gameplay.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
    edited September 2014
    Well it works...ish... I started simple moving over the corset lingerie. I have the first texture done I just have to copy over the others. I think I might have to teach myself milkshape because you can't do a direct copy over of meshes. The meshes have the boobs built in with them. I was able to do it for the corset because I pulled the underwear mesh and just imported the textures. I am going to play a little bit because it makes the guys look like a ken doll. I am going to try and see if I can do custom meshes where the panties have a bulge and possibly stretch out the texture a little so it works on the males a little better. I am going to work on it over the weekend and see what I can come up with. I can't post links or photos here yet so I may make the threads as I get them going and explain the mod then use my wife's account(shes a member) to post the downloads.

Expect lingerie and underwear to come out first as that is a lot simpler to convert.
    yeah I can't figure out meshs for the life of me. This looks less and less probable unless someone can make a base mesh for me.
  • LaoiLaoi Posts: 11 New Member
    For a male corset, wouldn't it be simple enough to just paint it onto the body? If you take a look at the default EA female corset mesh, you'll notice that is exactly what they did with it - it is perfectly smooth, and just painted over the skin. Importing it's mesh and the base body mesh - they're an exact match.

The downside is that there isn't, as far as I can see, a perfectly smooth full body outfit to copy over, though you may be able to export the male body mesh overtop of another outfit and preserve the flags that way. Alternately, you could use the underwear mesh, but that will probably cause problems with shirts, since they would be wearable over the corset. I haven't tested this sort of mix and match in TS4 yet, but it caused weird issues with textures in TS3 for the pieces I did try.

As for other types of meshes, some at ModTheSims (Maclimeszero I believe) is working on a skirt mesh (kilt), and mentioned something about writing a tutorial soon.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Laoi wrote: »
    As for other types of meshes, some at ModTheSims (Maclimeszero I believe) is working on a skirt mesh (kilt), and mentioned something about writing a tutorial soon.
    I'm just gonna drop this here. http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534755
    > @Laoi said:
    > For a male corset, wouldn't it be simple enough to just paint it onto the body? If you take a look at the default EA female corset mesh, you'll notice that is exactly what they did with it - it is perfectly smooth, and just painted over the skin. Importing it's mesh and the base body mesh - they're an exact match.
    >
    > The downside is that there isn't, as far as I can see, a perfectly smooth full body outfit to copy over, though you may be able to export the male body mesh overtop of another outfit and preserve the flags that way. Alternately, you could use the underwear mesh, but that will probably cause problems with shirts, since they would be wearable over the corset. I haven't tested this sort of mix and match in TS4 yet, but it caused weird issues with textures in TS3 for the pieces I did try.
    >
    > As for other types of meshes, some at ModTheSims (Maclimeszero I believe) is working on a skirt mesh (kilt), and mentioned something about writing a tutorial soon.

That is actually what I did. I have to play with it and take off the head and hands from the mesh for the body to make a blank full body mesh because you get gaps in the texture if you use underwear. The biggest problem is the thighs are wider for males. I gave up on it for a little bit I need to try working it again but now that we have the kilt it would be a lot easier to make skirts and dresses at least I think. I just have to splice a couple of meshes together. I can't figure out the editing in Milkshape but I maybe able to make a working full body skin mesh by splicing a bottom and a top I think.