Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)

PoisonPawzPoisonPawz Posts: 7 New Member
After the Sims 3 launcher starts up and I press play, I receive the error "Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)" and the game closes. I have been researching how to fix this for days and nothing has worked so far.
I've done everything on crinrict's "error service initialization failed" list
I've tried all the suggestions from forums with the same error code
And I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of my games multiple times, and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin.

So basically I've cleaned out my cache of all the .package files, made sure my computer is up to date, origin is up to date, sims 3 is up to date, tried moving my Sims 3 folder from my documents/Electronic Arts, checked my registry, and tried changing my screen resolution to match the resolution in the options.ini

My game was working fine last week, and I've never used mods so it isn't because of those. I have a laptop that is made for high-end performance for modeling and animation, so I know it has the specs to run Sims. I've tried "contact us" but have received no help. I'm finding it very frustrating that I've put all this money into games that don't seem to work, and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by PoisonPawz on

Comments

• PoisonPawzPoisonPawz Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    DxDiag stuff:
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140723-2018)
    System Model: P17SM
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/26/13 09:29:28 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32684MB RAM
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device
    bump
    I restored my computer to before it had errors and now I have a new error. Unable to start game service initialization failed 0x02957b48
    bump
    After restoring my computer even further back, uninstalling origin, sims, and deleting any and all files related to those things, I reinstalled origin and sims and so far the base game is working. We'll wait and see if it's still working after I add back my expansions.
    Only the base game and high-end loft stuff will install, pets, seasons, and late night will not because "a previous version is installed". I checked my programs list, and there's corrupted versions of them there, and when I select "uninstall" it says it can't until the program has been properly installed. If I can't install until it's uninstalled, or uninstalled until it's installed, what should I do?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ok for the error see the suggestions here http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-service-initialization-failed.html

for removing EPs try running ccleaner
    Cleaning up the Registry
    Download the free version of this registry cleaner program,
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• install it, following the on-screen instructions.
    • Launch the program after installation has completed.
    • Click the Registry tab, and click the Scan for Issues button.
    • When scanning has completed, click the Fix Selected Issues... button.
    • When you're prompted to backup, click Yes, accept the default name and location
    • Click Fix All Selected Issues

Taken from http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

good luck