Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cc in gallery?

I am a bit confused. I remember the devs saying at one point that cc would go into the gallery with sims/houses, but then they said it wouldn't meaning we could download stuff from the gallery safely, but now I've seen images of sims in the gallery that blatantly have cc on them.

So which is it, does CC go into the gallery or doesn't it?

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    When you click to add a sim to your game it removes the cc from that sim.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    When you click to add a sim to your game it removes the cc from that sim.

Well that is good I feel a bit safer using the gallery, I almost never used the exchange in TS3.

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    @shadowcat85, I didn't use the gallery unless I knew the person who put the file(s) up, way too much garbage and most people wouldn't say whether or not it was cc.
    We're supposed to be tagging out gallery content whether or not it had cc but I'm not sure that everyone will do that.

Maybe there should be a thing we need to put a check in before it'll upload... like, some sites you can't submit if all the fields aren't filled in it won't let you submit. But then again after awhile some people might not realize what they're choosing is cc or not *sigh*

I think we need to be able to see each outfit like the exchange (makes it easier for us to tell if there is cc or not) and also have a setting so we can have it download the sim (or house, whatever, later, when we have cc items) with the cc or not.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    I noticed in the gallery filters there's a check box that says 'download unowned content'. I unchecked that hoping that it may provide extra safety.
  • Options
    I tried doing a tag search in there for both nocc and withcc and nothing came up for either of them, I know for a fact there are gallery sims with those tags since I've used them myself.
    Eh?
    HSon1Mq.png