Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build cheats? Decks?

JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Mm, I guess it goes here...

I'm working on a house, and I'd really really like to be able to make a porch. That is, the wood resting on top of the wooden pegs, instead of this full, secure foundation. (Not too great at explaining) Is there any way to simulate that? I'd like there to be foundation for another part of the house, but just for the front porch/deck I'd like it to just be the wood with some sort of peg underneath it at the corners. I can't figure it out. =T

My other question: I'd like to put an awning up over the door. Can't, of course, because the object is apparently in the way. 9_6 Am I doing it wrong? Is there a cheat like moveobjects on we can use?

Edit:
deck-design-ideas-small-deck-design-ideas-for-small-deck-to-enhance-house-design-deck-railing-ideas-171x120.jpg
This is what I mean in regards to the deck, only not so high. Just those columns/pegs at the corners.
Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    At this time in TS4 that's not possible. Even in TS3 we didn't get those sorts of foundation until Island Paradise. There is no different foundation type besides the solid one we have and no way of removing it to place something else to replicate the look unfortunately.

As for the awnings, consider dragging it up and down buy moving the mouse cursor up and down while the awning is on the wall and pressing alt for more fluid motion. If its still an issue, you may have to increase wall height so there is room for it to sit above the window. Currently, there is no MOO cheat for TS4, so you will just need to play around until it works.
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Aah, that's what I wondered. = / Thank you for the speedy answer! And I'll try that, hadn't thought of making the walls any taller since I was keeping them purposefully short haha.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    Yes, some of the deco is designed for the taller wall sizes. Its a shame that its limiting that way. I do hope they add the MOO cheat back in soon, I want to group my clutter a bit more inside while decorating to give a fuller appearance. I am waiting patiently, but not sure how long that will last