Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Dracarys Legacy!

Comments

• Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Sihara wrote: »
    I think I mentioned earlier I'm not really passionate/interested in the Build aspect of the Sims. But I have no difficulty finding everybody, and the house is actually set up more like two wings than it looks. Its probably hard to see from that picture, but the doors in and out of the house are in the dining room and kitchen, and from the dining room you can go either into the Heiress' quarters with their private bath/nursery and study, or into the dormitory wing where the children keep their toys, their study and their shared bath. I think between the beds and having to modify the pre-made dining room to seat 8 you really see how many Sims have been running around this mad-house since Gen 1! I'm considering making a 'Dowager Heiress' house, for the previous Gen's Heiress to get some peace and quiet-but so far Anya's been perfectly happy to eat Bella's amazing cooking and take care of her grandbabies.

About the pictures on the first page of the thread-nothing I do can make them work correctly. I really think it's because they were considered 'new member' posts.

And thank you for the compliment!

@Sihara - Thanks for the quick reply. I can see what you mean and how having all the rooms connected like that is a good idea. I think my problem with it was because it was such a different layout than what I am used to (so I couldn't make heads or tails of it) but now that you've explained it, I can see it's effectiveness.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    SiharaSihara Posts: 153 Member
    I wish I could just let someone else decorate the outside of my house...because I use all pre-made rooms it's literally 'death by cube' for decoration on the outside.
  • Options
    RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    Oh it can't be that bad. I'm not particularly good at that either you know, just try experimenting every once in a while. You might surprise yourself sometime :D
    Shhh!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Anya is in the twilight years of her life, and yet she reaches the pinnacle of her career! I'm so proud of my founding Sim, ~sniffle~. Oh, and Jakob got a promotion too, but whatever. In related news, Bethany and Brianna have become young adults! Bethany has become something of a hot head and Brianna has become clumsy. How lucky that the first born was also the Exemplar! We're very pleased. Bethany will be moving out with her two nephews, leaving Brianna behind just in case Bella's attempts at bringing a Spare-ess into the world result in another passel of boys.

Bonus Content: As Bethany begins her move out, we can see that Armand has grown up from a little boy under Antoine's care. Unlike his other siblings born after Antony was an Elder, he kept his bright red hair, and looks like a dead ringer for the Gieke Legacy!

Lookie.jpg
  • Options
    Update! Bella is pregnant for the second time! Her fourth child should be here soon, and in the meantime she's been promoted to Head Caterer! Yay Bella!

However in the sad, but not unexpected turn of fate, Anya has finally passed away from old age. Our Beloved Founder will be sadly missed, and her headstone shall have a place of honor on Oakenstone, to be followed by her Heiresses.

Anya_Death.jpg
  • Options
    KaelinKaelin Posts: 39 Member
    @Sihara - lovely legacy so far. :) Question - how do you get pictures of your sims in the design/edit sim mode (blue screen with their traits/aspiration in the background)? I tried but the screenshot just comes out blank. I can only seem to use the in-game camera to get pictures, and it's not available in the design/edit sim mode. :(
  • Options
    @Kaelin I take those screencaps with my printscreen button either when they're 'Planning Outfit' or if I go under 'manage household', then 'edit Sim'. I crop them in mspaint (because I'm oldschool).
  • Options
    Aww, Anya is finally at peace. She was a real trooper that one! :( I need to play the game more, and work on the website less! I shall never be able to catch up to you now!
    Shhh!

• Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Good buy Anya, all founders must pass some time.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    Update! Jakob got another promotion, Brianna finally got a job, Clara's improving her grades and 2/3 of the way through her aspiration. Bella just had a baby boy named Bertran, and she's pregnant with her fifth child!

@RoseAzul It's a competition versus ourselves and the game, not so much each other, lol. Play so that you have fun, that's the important part.
  • Options
    Oh I have fun don't worry. :D Maybe too much fun sometimes. I do rather enjoy this Legacy Challenge, it adds sooooo much more purpose and fun to the game lol. Helps me not miss TS3 features so much. Like... being able to use doors to lock out specific people! That was awesome lol. Or, being able to set ownership of beds. You know, little things that I took for granted in TS3. But, TS4 has its charms as well.
    Shhh!

• Options
    I'm really hoping they bring back the locked doors and bed ownership. If they do then all my spare people will have their own bedrooms and bathrooms, but right now they might as well co-habit a big dorm since they all bedswap anyway. The multitasking though...the multitasking is so sexy that though I miss a couple features, I really prefer TS4 so far.
  • Options
    I agree, the multitasking is AWESOME! -_- I'm still hoping for locking doors and bed ownership though :P
    Shhh!

• Options
    My sims never have a problem. The kids, for example, go straight to their beds when they get back from school for a nap (because they get up ridiculously early). With a dorm-like bedroom sometimes when you click on the bed for the sim to sleep, it might not be the same bed they slept in last time. I think there is a bed ownership in the game but it's not very smart i.e. if you click on a random bed they will sleep there and forget where they slept the first night. But if you keep clicking their own bed they will eventually just go to that bed when they are tired. Or so I've found.

On the other hand, with double beds the adults keep swapping sides. It might be normal thing to do but my parents always sleep on "their side" and not the others. Anyway, looking forward to more pictures :)
  • Options
    Time for another update! Things are progressing along quite well in the Dracarys Legacy house. This is Anya's final resting place-there will be one for each Heiress when she dies, to memorialize them as we go. And when the 10th generation heir is born I'll take a screencap of the 8th, 9th, and 10th gen heirs together with their 7 predecessors.

Anya_Grave.jpg

Bella is having a difficult time coming to terms with Anya's passing, she likes to stop in the middle of cooking so she can go cry at her grave.

Bella_Grief.jpg

We're still waiting on baby number five, but Bertran has grown up into *quite* the dashing young man. He's a Creative little boy who wants to be a Whiz Kid.

Bertran_Child.jpg

The Family Tree is starting to be too large for convenient screencaps, I could remove the irrelevant children but a part of me wants to keep them on as a testament to the difficult journey these ladies have had. I've made a FamilyEcho account (which was free, quick, and painless). I'll just include links to the full tree as we go forwards. Current version here.
  • Options
    Aww, poor Bella. That's a lovely resting place btw! And you know, I've spent HOURS trying to find a good family tree site but yours is STILL the most practical one lol! So, not to copy you, but that's probably what I will go with :p
    Shhh!

• Options
    I've gone with that site, too. Did you know you could upload screenshots to the familyecho site so you can have pictures of them? You could crop the pictures you've already taken to just a head shot :)
  • Options
    There's been a MASSIVE remodel of the Dracarys House! I'll take screencaps after work, but I think you guys will be proud! (Then again, just the thought of decorating the exterior makes me want to cry, lol.)
  • Options
    @Lizzie yup, I did notice you could do pics, which I've done.

@Sihara Awww, you're too hard on yourself I think. And I can't wait to see the screenies of the new remodeling!!
    Shhh!

• Options
    Quick recap before I scoot to work-I'll update with pictures after.

Bella gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Bernard-and she's pregnant with her sixth child-Eye of the Watcher willing we'll have another girl soon. Clara will be growing up into a teenager soon, it's another chance to secure her position as Heiress (though we're concerned about her insanity infecting the family line).
  • Options
    Congrats on the new baby!
    Shhh!

• Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Hope 6th is the charm, but I do like the insane ones as well. What to wish for...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    KaelinKaelin Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2014

@Sihara & @RoseAzul - (from both of your threads) - thanks for the info! Strange... I tried that (I thought) and when I pasted the screenshot it didn't work - I thought maybe EA had built in something to prevent screenshots. Glad to hear they didn't! I'll have to try again.
  • Options
    Metznmbr2Metznmbr2 Posts: 17 New Member
    I just finished catching up with this thread. Love how you are going about this legacy! Can't wait to see more :)
  • Options
    DawnEnigma1DawnEnigma1 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm enjoying every post :D thank you for sharing
    <3